2024 Headliners

I thought Pink would be an outside choice, one of those people who's huge but not "wide ranging" enough to fit the bill. On reflection that's bullshit really. If GnR, Kendrick or Metallica can do it I don't see why she can't. She's a massive venue filling artist with songs that even the most violently indifferent person like myself will have heard of. Glasto could do much worse.

I wonder if its cus her biggest hits were in the 00s and we're used to "vintage" headliners having their biggest songs in the 70s it feels a bit weird.

2 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I thought Pink would be an outside choice, one of those people who's huge but not "wide ranging" enough to fit the bill. On reflection that's bullshit really. If GnR, Kendrick or Metallica can do it I don't see why she can't. She's a massive venue filling artist with songs that even the most violently indifferent person like myself will have heard of. Glasto could do much worse.

I wonder if its cus her biggest hits were in the 00s and we're used to "vintage" headliners having their biggest songs in the 70s it feels a bit weird.

She can do it - she just doesn't really have a gold standard catalogue of classic bangers.

8 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Are we 100% on Coldplay? Is Madonna/P!nk/Dua an option?

So far, every reason we have for why any particular act may play can be described as circumstantial.

It's entirely possible (albeit probably unlikely) that none of the above play.

17 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Are we 100% on Coldplay? Is Madonna/P!nk/Dua an option?

There’s nothing concrete from good sources yet this year although that will likely change in the coming months. Efests likely won’t be the first place you can see good rumours tho, they will be elsewhere but will likely make there way over here after a while. 

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

There’s nothing concrete from good sources yet this year although that will likely change in the coming months. Efests likely won’t be the first place you can see good rumours tho, they will be elsewhere but will likely make there way over here after a while. 

Enough of us are in enough places that anything takes a few minutes to propagate anyway. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Coldplay have a GSH, have unaccountably extended their tour into an additional summer, and haven’t played the festival since 2016 (the longest they’ve gone without playing at the festival)

They headlined Live at Worthy Farm in 2021. I refuse to accept that doesn't count for anything.

2 hours ago, incident said:

Their exclusivity deals tend to be a certain radius, the US, or North America - they probably won't stretch to the extent of the entire Northern Hemisphere.

aware - although to line up with the rumour she's exclusive i can't see what would stop them