2024 Headliners

43 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Got mates there tonight - will hopefully find out the good word from them.

Main thing is the setlist TBH. Realistically her view of what constitutes her greatest hits may differ from what Joe Glastonbury Punter is expecting (largely the first half of her career)

I doubt she would’ve done this whole thing if she was planning to play fast and loose with what are considered her hits. Not gonna be seeing a wealth of stuff from the likes of MDNA over Like a Virgin - you advertise the hits, you suck it up and give people the hits, even if your ego does take a bit of a bruising when only one song from your last three albums makes it in to the setlist. 

4 hours ago, henry bear said:

Looking at some of the stats for these shows, and given how carefully choreographed the show will be, it seems doubtful this could transfer to the Pyramid without significant change:

4,400 square feet of stage, the largest for any Madonna tour. Inspired by the grid of Manhattan with Uptown, Downtown, Midtown, East and West stages.
3 Layered circular stage where the traditional main stage would be, inspired by the wedding cake of Madonna's original VMA performance.
230 Feet of combined length of catwalk that gets Madonna 105 feet far into the venue.

14 Spotlights for Madonna and over 600 intelligent lights to light the stage and arena with over 8800 lighting cues
3600 Square feet of projection imagery to the show. The most amount of video ever used in a Madonna show.
30 Feet off the ground - Madonna is transported around the arena in an illuminated portal frame that acts as a time machine allowing her to move at 1.5 feet per second, 80 feet across and 130 feet down the length of the arena designed to symbolise looking into the past, present and towards the future.

24 Onstage performers
1 Extraordinary drag queen
8th Tour partnering with director Jamie King
1 Stuart Price reunion (producer)
4 of Madonna's children on stage

Madonna's 'The Celebration Tour': Everything we know (planetradio.co.uk)

She also played the Palladium in 2020, it was very minimalist, almost like a stage play really. She could go down that route 

Songs being added to Setlist FM as they go.

Even to a disinterested old bugger like me, looks like the big guns are coming out.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/madonna/2023/the-o2-arena-london-england-5ba34fdc.html

I should clarify disinterested as in don't care if she plays Glastonbury or not, what she's doing on this tour is kind of interesting from a "what are people paying loads to see" perspective. 

Edited by Gnomicide

12 hours ago, charlierc said:

Those kind of posts would make it sound like this thread is being compiled by the ghosts of FHM or Nuts.

Lads will be lads it’s hardly the end of the world if some lads might say she’s got a good set of tits etc. especially as she’s used her appearance to her benefit on many occasions 

i’m all for toning things down in this day and age but reading but I find weird that people than criticise lads for commenting on her looks. 

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Songs being added to Setlist FM as they go.

Even to a disinterested old bugger like me, looks like the big guns are coming out.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/madonna/2023/the-o2-arena-london-england-5ba34fdc.html

I should clarify disinterested as in don't care if she plays Glastonbury or not, what she's doing on this tour is kind of interesting from a "what are people paying loads to see" perspective. 

It looks decent but the fact Fozen is not on there is mad! It's definitely in my top 3 Madonna songs. I feel if over 28 songs she can't get that I there, she feels she can't justify the song these days vocally/performance however you want to see it.