2024 Headliners

47 minutes ago, angelin said:

Thats even worse the whole festival would be listening. Its a shame but therescno physical room for her. And I cant see her goving anything up.

I think it’s their crew that sound-checks not the artist themselves? 

18 hours ago, angelin said:

Madonna wont do it. Her stage set is far too big and she uses too many screens and videos it would never fit on the stage and would take hours to put up. And, can you imagine her sound checking minutes before she goes on? She wouldnt risk it. 

I'm a big-time madonna hater, sorry.  the thought of her actually singing live at glasto makes me lol.  

23 hours ago, angelin said:

Madonna wont do it. Her stage set is far too big and she uses too many screens and videos it would never fit on the stage and would take hours to put up. And, can you imagine her sound checking minutes before she goes on? She wouldnt risk it. 

Thats..... a lot of artists who have big productions?  U2 went from their 360 tour stage to the Pyramid. Coldplay has a pretty bug production yet still stepped onto the stage. Plenty of these artists nowadays have to compromise on their productions so it aint that. Also, this is an arena tour? This wasn't her stadium  tour which took days to set up and in some cities couldnt even be fully constructed. And yeah, soundcheck isnt before they come on thats the morning of or days ahead. Hell, I remember when Madonna soundchecked the morning of Coachella in 2006. We heard it from camping. 

Right now her health situation is what puts it into jeopardy if the tour gets totally cancelled and rescheduled til a year from now or if its put right in the middle of glasto weekend and its not even possible.

Edited by Suprefan

23 hours ago, sunnyshoes said:

As much as it pains me to think it I think you're right. It would be amazing but I just couldn't see Madonna at Glastonbury at all. I would love it (if I got tickets) but just can't see it. 

I do too. If Madonna ever agreed to do it then I couldn't see it anything other than a special anniversary year. Next year it just another year at Glastonbury.

Be very surprised of the two female headliners aren't two of Dua Lipa, Rihanna or Miley. Two of those I imagine would be very easy to just get on board. Could see Miley as a stand in.

DM would be great but definitely see The 1975 as the bigger contender atm.

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We know the blocker for DM is money. They want more than the festival will offer them.

They’ve cashed in though on this run. Stadiums around Europe. Another arena run happening in Feb. Could definitely see them finishing off the touring cycle with some June festivals. 

Dua Lipa is a very worthy headliner, her headline show in Rio De Janeiro was on the tele the otherday and it was ridiculously epic. I would probably give Madonna a miss if she's picked.

Also, any chance of Green Day? Seems mad to me they have never played, certainly got the fan base and the songs. New album out early next year also.

Edited by Serenefishy

4 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I thought the last time Madonna was mentioned the gist was she was asking for some multiple of what GFL pays? Is there anything solid at all linking her to doing it?

It’s still very much ‘best case scenario hopeful/wishlist’ kind of stuff at the moment with not a whole lot of actual facts placing her there.

She got a couple of million for her one or two songs she did for Eurovision a couple of years ago which pretty much took her out of the realistic equation… but Emily has been semi-vocal about Madge being top of the list of ‘must gets’ for a while now, liking her Instagram stuff etc (sounds dumb but has often hinted at headliners being pursued in the past), and if it were to ever happen, next year seems like pretty much the only realistic time what with her doing the greatest hits tour rather than a new album in full killing the vibe entirely kind of set. Plus we know of there being two female headliners current being pursued… which could easily be somebody else, but it’s one baby step closer to Madge being in the frame, at least. Could easily end up being Dua + Rihanna though, especially if the info of GnR stepping in for Rihanna this year was true, or somebody else entirely. But as it stands, Madonna is actually touring, which is more than we have on a lot of other acts at this time. Guessing we’ll get a better picture if she’s at all realistic in the coming months. Just takes one bit of info to put her in the ‘it’s happening’ or ‘it’s a no-go’ bracket. 

Apologies for the wall of text - just want Madge to be there. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Serenefishy said:

Dua Lipa is a very worthy headliner, her headline show in Rio De Janeiro was on the tele the otherday and it was ridiculously epic. I would probably give Madonna a miss if she's picked.

Also, any chance of Green Day? Seems mad to me they have never played, certainly got the fan base and the songs. New album out early next year also.

But nobody wants to hear the new songs from them either. Luckily at a festival set they either cut those songs or they play them early and then just do all of the other songs. If you want Green Day then Blink 182 should be in the same convo. And since when did glasto like pop punk anyway lol.

Edited by Suprefan

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

But nobody wants to hear the new songs from them either. Luckily at a festival set they either cut those songs or they play them early and then just do all of the other songs. If you want Green Day then Blink 182 should be in the same convo. And since when did glasto like pop punk anyway lol.

I think Green Day will happen… someday. In the same way the festival doesn’t f**k too much with metal but had Metallica, the metal band, headlining, I think they’ll eventually have Green Day do it too. Blink 182… not so much, for reasons I can’t really explain. Maybe Green Day being quite stadium rock these days whereas Blink still strictly being in the pop/punk category, and Green Day just simply being the bigger act here.

1 hour ago, sjseabass said:

Yeah, I bloody love Blink but they don’t have prime Pyramid fare like Wake Me Up When September Ends or Boulevard Of Broken Dreams in their arsenal like Green Day do.

Having seen those two go down a storm at Wembley and the Olympic Stadium 12 years apart, those songs absolutely have the sticking power for such a place like Glastonbury. I think they'd have drawn a bigger crowd at peak AI/21stCB fame, but equally, they'd draw a few along. Guess it's as much if they would be open to doing it.

I went to the Hella Mega shows, and was least fussed about Green day (big fan of FOB and Weezer). Within 10 mins of them coming on stage, it was clear they were band of the night, and by only having a 90 min set (short by Green day's standards), it was a hit parade. They would be a great booking for Glasto! 

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Guess it's as much if they would be open to doing it.

I’m hopeful that Billie Joe’s stroll around Strummerville a few years ago might have done the trick. Probably need a prime booking to fall through for Emily to give them the call (as with GnR) though tbh.