2024 Headliners

2 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Paramore on tour this year and had a massive GSH but still weren’t booked. Don’t think they’ll ever appear now, sadly. 

Think they're more of an Other Stage headliner really, though they did sub for Foos at Bonnaroo the other week. Very much more for R&L imo.

I actually did think they might do a secret spot given their tour break and that they seemed genuinely stoked at being over here in April from the YouTube videos I'd seen, but not this time clearly.

1 minute ago, Benjsh said:

A pop name I don't see talked about much is Bruno Mars. Surely he's going to headline one year? 

He's not had much of a presence over here in the past few years, don't think he's had a big hit since 2017 or so, so I can't see it really unless he has a huge solo comeback. I think Emily will be avoiding pop males like this unless they feel really current eg The Weeknd.

3 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

A pop name I don't see talked about much is Bruno Mars. Surely he's going to headline one year? 

Earlier in the thread someone says he loves the £££ too much to take a paycut

Edited by ls2408

The more I look at those dates and think about what the Eras Tour looks like, I just don’t think Taylor is doing it next year. I think she’s pencilled in for the next tour in a few years time when she does a wider festival run. When these tickets go on sale she’ll add extra dates which will unfortunately rule out Glastonbury I reckon.

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

The more I look at those dates and think about what the Eras Tour looks like, I just don’t think Taylor is doing it next year. I think she’s pencilled in for the next tour in a few years time when she does a wider festival run. When these tickets go on sale she’ll add extra dates which will unfortunately rule out Glastonbury I reckon.

I'm leaning towards that too.

Not sure who the other female headliner will be (assuming the first is Dua Lipa).

2 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Not sure who the other female headliner will be (assuming the first is Dua Lipa).

Madonna probably with her incoming tour  or is she more suited to Legends now (and maybe that is what Emily meant?)

6 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Not really up on who’s potentially about next year but names springing to mind would be Florence, Miley, Madonna(?), or maybe Taylor fell through recently when the U.K. dates were confirmed and there’s now only 1 female booked so far?

Just now, jparx said:

Not really up on who’s potentially about next year but names springing to mind would be Florence, Miley, Madonna(?), or maybe Taylor fell through recently when the U.K. dates were confirmed and there’s now only 1 female booked so far?

Pretty sure Emily re-confirmed the two female headliner thing a day or two ago at the festival so it’s very much still on. 

I’m still going with them bagging Madonna. Hard to say if it’s at all a realistic possibility at this point given she just doesn’t do festivals, but perfect timing for her to start given she’s finally giving the people what they want and doing a greatest hits tour.

Just now, Andy0808 v5 said:

Are we taking the fact she said two newbies as never played the festival, or never headlined?

Because rules Dua out, despite her seemingly being nailed on.

A lot seem to think she may have forgotten about Dua Lipa's previous appearance when she said newbie.

She does seem the most likely to be headlining but it would be strange of Emily to make that mistake

Just now, Homersexual said:

My headliner picks for next year would be Tame Impala, Madonna and Sam Fender. Kate Bush for the legends slot.

A man can dream, right?

I wish you were right about the legends, but will never happen 😭

Fender is destined to headline in 2025 after his next album. Tame Impala if you’re lucky you may get them on the other stage again, or even lower depending on how the next album does 

Just now, Andy0808 v5 said:

I wish you were right about the legends, but will never happen 😭

Fender is destined to headline in 2025 after his next album. Tame Impala if you’re lucky you may get them on the other stage again, or even lower depending on how the next album does 

I think Fender's album will be out a lot sooner than that, possibly this year