2024 Headliners

7 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Am I the only person who doesn't think Dua is a headliner? Well, maybe on the other? Don't get it, nothing new lately either. Like her but she's definitely overrated.

thought the same until i saw her headline prmavera last year. turned to my mate within 30mins and said "glasto headliner type performence and he agreed". she was superb and its a total party. great visuals / dancing too.

9 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Am I the only person who doesn't think Dua is a headliner? Well, maybe on the other? Don't get it, nothing new lately either. Like her but she's definitely overrated.

I wouldn't be at Taylor Swift but it's gotta be her for next year surely. Maybe Madge, even though she's totally big time it's got to appeal to her to get it done.

Then Either Harry or 1975 for the 3rd slot. Although I think 1975 want it more 🤷🏼‍♀️

Could easily end up 1975/Harry/Taylor though

So she is currently recording her 3rd album. And literally just released the lead single for the Barbie movie? Apologies if  she isnt Taylor who has to keep re releasing her album for no reason at all other than for more money. Youre one of those people that saw Dua not do any sort of dancing on her early shows and think she hasnt gotten better or anything. Would be hilarious of Emily had Taylor and The 1975 up there so the happy couple can go do festivals together.

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

So she is currently recording her 3rd album. And literally just released the lead single for the Barbie movie? Apologies if  she isnt Taylor who has to keep re releasing her album for no reason at all other than for more money. Youre one of those people that saw Dua not do any sort of dancing on her early shows and think she hasnt gotten better or anything. Would be hilarious of Emily had Taylor and The 1975 up there so the happy couple can go do festivals together.

That Barbie song is the most naff release she's ever had (in my opinion).

I'd be at Dua over Taylor for sure. But there is SO many other things that would trump both of them for me. We'll have to wait and see what the third album brings but I think she's peaked and just sounding 'samey.' Sorry 🤷🏼‍♀️ Give me Paramore and Madge over both of them! 

The 'Happy Couple' won't last until next summer, that would be more funny...awkward

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

3 hours ago, TiZuff said:

thought the same until i saw her headline prmavera last year. turned to my mate within 30mins and said "glasto headliner type performence and he agreed". she was superb and its a total party. great visuals / dancing too.

Due Lipa can't dance but she's there I think. She's turned on stage into exactly what is wrong with how young girls are dressing and acting these days. And she has done that as her management clearly said you need to do this or you're forgotten very quickly. But anyway, I feel it'll be The 1975, Dua Lipa and one of Rihanna/Madonna or Taylor. If it's Rihanna I can't deny that would be the worst trio I'll have seen Glastonbury book. I would probably take this year as my last and bow out as that tie is coming anyway.

33 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Due Lipa can't dance but she's there I think. She's turned on stage into exactly what is wrong with how young girls are dressing and acting these days. And she has done that as her management clearly said you need to do this or you're forgotten very quickly. But anyway, I feel it'll be The 1975, Dua Lipa and one of Rihanna/Madonna or Taylor. If it's Rihanna I can't deny that would be the worst trio I'll have seen Glastonbury book. I would probably take this year as my last and bow out as that tie is coming anyway.

asking for an ok bôomer with this comment and lo and behold:

ok bôomer

@eFestivalscan you unblock it without an accent, some stupid carryover

Edited by gfa

21 minutes ago, gfa said:

asking for an ok bôomer with this comment and lo and behold:

ok bôomer

@eFestivalscan you unblock it without an accent, some stupid carryover

Nothing wrong the comment, Dua Lipa is heavily known for how she dances or physically acts on stage these days. It is also well covered in how do people expect younger girls to act differently when this is famous people they look up to. An an artist, wearing what she does and thrusting yourself at anything on stage will get that reaction. You do not have to like it but proof is there in her videos. 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Nothing wrong the comment, Dua Lipa is heavily known for how she dances or physically acts on stage these days. It is also well covered in how do people expect younger girls to act differently when this is famous people they look up to. An an artist, wearing what she does and thrusting yourself at anything on stage will get that reaction. You do not have to like it but proof is there in her videos. 

“Proof”

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

Due Lipa can't dance but she's there I think. She's turned on stage into exactly what is wrong with how young girls are dressing and acting these days. And she has done that as her management clearly said you need to do this or you're forgotten very quickly. 

Wait, what? 

13 hours ago, northernangel said:

This really isn't the case as others are saying

She's known for being a massive popstar?

If you think Dua Lipa is bad for this (she's not!) then i'd suggest not looking into last year's saturday other stage headliner!!

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Time for Dua Lipas mum and dad to ground her for going out dressed like a common trollop.

‘If you think you’re going on wearing that sparkly leotard you can think again young lady!!’

• Upvote 2

On 5/28/2023 at 10:10 AM, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I wouldn't be at Taylor Swift but it's gotta be her for next year surely. Maybe Madge, even though she's totally big time it's got to appeal to her to get it done.

Then Either Harry or 1975 for the 3rd slot. Although I think 1975 want it more 🤷🏼‍♀️

Could easily end up 1975/Harry/Taylor though

Dua is definitely a headliner now. I’ll be surprised if it isn’t her next year. She headlines festivals all over, her Rock in Rio set is on YouTube and it’s great. Absolutely headliner standard.

17 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I mean Emily Eavis said two female headliners who are playing for the first time.

Due Lipa has played the festival 4 times.

While I do think she us big enough to headline.

It does mean its probably not going to be in 2024. 

On 5/29/2023 at 10:45 AM, gfa said:

This really isn't the case as others are saying

She's known for being a massive popstar?

If you think Dua Lipa is bad for this (she's not!) then i'd suggest not looking into last year's saturday other stage headliner!!

Also, why does it matter what she wears? Would the same comment be aimed at a male headliner?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2023 at 8:36 PM, northernangel said:

If any of those mentioned are the 3 headliners then that would genuinely be the worst set headliners to ever appear at the festival haha.

Although not my cup of tea whatsoever I’d get Rihanna as she has been huge.

Madonna’s old stuff class but she’s not relevant anymore, though I get it’s still Madonna.

Dua Lipa and the 1975 shouldn’t even be in the conversation.

1975 are okay but not worthy of headlining.

Dua Lipa is just awful. 

Dua Lipa, Taylor, and the 1975 would be a reasonable set of headliners, and a massive swing from the old farts we've got this year!

I wonder if Madonna or someone would be considered instead of one of them, purely because the festival always seems quite keen to keep the old people happy (I mean the crowd, not the performer)