2024 Headliners

15 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

It’s a bop; could’ve come straight off of Future Nostalgia. Hoping she shakes things up a little with her sound come album time, but wouldn’t at all blame her if she just stuck to this type of sound for one more go around as she clearly does it very well. 

I think the next album will still have the disco edge to it which is perfectly fine. People wanna dance and Dua has shown she can bust out banger after banger. the thing is will the next album have 1 or 2 huge songs that push her to  stadium status or not. 

20 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

I'd prefer Celine, but Cher would be awesome too.

No way in Hell.  Celine Dion's warbling voice irritates me more than I can convey.  Cher all the way.

If we get Dua Lipa/Taylor/Depeche Mode and Cher in the Legends then that would be bliss.  It would be just my luck to not get a ticket. 😞

Didn’t Emily say something along the lines of ‘Spice Girls aren’t a discussion we’ve been having’ in her Guardian interview/another interview? Not sure if that meant for this year or at all, but either way, like every year, I can’t see it happening at the festival - the band will undoubtedly want to headline, and I can’t see Glastonbury offering them that slot. 

8 minutes ago, rwoo said:

The 1975 have got to be nailed on for 2024. Like ‘em or not they’ve got a lot of hits and are pretty popular with the youngsters. I really like their music even if I don’t want to. 

just watching them, they have stepped up a level, even though the lead singer is a dick. I think they deserve it now.

I'm going 1975, Dua and Madonna.

Mik artistic for the legends slot

1 minute ago, dotdash79 said:

just watching them, they have stepped up a level, even though the lead singer is a dick. I think they deserve it now.

I think they’ll get Taylor and Dua. Madonna would be a great catch but not sure they’ll get her. Matt Healy clearly thinks very highly of himself, not sure I agree with him though.

Just now, rwoo said:

I think they’ll get Taylor and Dua. Madonna would be a great catch but not sure they’ll get her. Matt Healy clearly thinks very highly of himself, not sure I agree with him though.

Madonna's at an age where a big festival appearance will make her back catalogue worth a lot more. See saw what's happened with Paul McCartney and the press, and now Elton.

16 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Madonna's at an age where a big festival appearance will make her back catalogue worth a lot more. See saw what's happened with Paul McCartney and the press, and now Elton.

I hope you’re right, I’d love to see it

49 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Silly question, but does she own that catalogue? 

Seems much simpler for many previous artists who sold theirs and did writing and performing. 

29 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Silly question, but does she own that catalogue? 

Seems much simpler for many previous artists who sold theirs and did writing and performing. 

She owns them

https://www.nme.com/news/madonna-says-shell-never-sell-her-back-catalogue-ownership-is-everything-isnt-it-3282338

she says she won’t sell, but she could borrow against it. 

Am I the only person who doesn't think Dua is a headliner? Well, maybe on the other? Don't get it, nothing new lately either. Like her but she's definitely overrated.

I wouldn't be at Taylor Swift but it's gotta be her for next year surely. Maybe Madge, even though she's totally big time it's got to appeal to her to get it done.

Then Either Harry or 1975 for the 3rd slot. Although I think 1975 want it more 🤷🏼‍♀️

Could easily end up 1975/Harry/Taylor though

Although there’s nothing directly linking Madonna to the festival other than Emily liking some of her Instagram posts, I personally think she’s more likely to headline than Taylor at this stage, who I think will continue doing her own shows across the rest of the world well in to next year and won’t rebook her festival dates until later, if ever. Taylor and her tour are an absolute bulldozer right now and I can’t see her wanting to scale it back in any way to accommodate festivals when she can just sell her own shows out in seconds and do it all her own way. 

Dua is definitely a headliner, or at least will be when the new album is out, and the moment she wasn’t rebooked for Other in 2022 I thought it was pretty obvious that’s because she struck a deal with the festival to headline somewhere down the line instead.

Dua has played some massive shows around the world over the last year. Puts on a big show by the looks of it. Loads of plays on Spotify and some big hits. Even if you don’t like her it’s hard to disagree that she’s headliner material 

16 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

1975 have been headline ready for several years imo, their reading 2019 set that into play and they'd have already done it if not for covid i reckon (or maybe this year). Each subsequent album further bulks out their setlist with more tunes

matt healy is a c**t but they do have a full set of belters imo

----

Dua Lipa will go off. just know she'll be against chems !! one of the few acts i'd consider sacking them off for alongside swift

6 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Although there’s nothing directly linking Madonna to the festival other than Emily liking some of her Instagram posts

Emily is on record loving the idea Madge could headline. There’s more to attach her to Madonna than there was to Guns & Roses.