2024 Headliners

51 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I love Wolf Alice and must have seen them a dozen times, but never once have I had the feeling I'm watching a future Glastonbury headliner,

Agree with this. One of my favourite bands, but they just lack that extra something to take them over the line as Pyramid headliners. 

Could see their peak being Other headliners one day against the likes of a Dave or Lizzo on El Pointy.

2 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Could the fact Swift is directing a movie hold her back another year or two?

Very much so. Her American tour doesn't end until August next year presumably only then will she start pre production in earnest and then after the shoot (which we don't know when that will be) their is the music score and editing. Maybe she won't want to tour again until after the release because of all the promoting involved 

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

This is the whole issue with Glasto going all female if it isnt ''done right''. Regular punters will think its like Big Weekend or something. And how is the demographic going to change that quickly if everyone has a ticket before they announce the headliners?  And what influencers go to Glastonbury? I dont see the Kardashians hanging out at the Pyramid. 

Yeah my point is if they booked 3 sugary vacuous pop acts it totally changes the festival's dynamic both in terms of music, outlook and demographic. The following year it'd be packed with a very different crowd

No way they'd book three acts like this.

5 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Too huge, tbf! Was just trying to come up with some acts all beginning with the same letter, after the "triple D" suggestion. 

Emily would need to find some serious money down the back of the sofa for those three.

I would genuinely be happy if that trio was my last Glastonbury. 3 first time seeing acts.

I'd like the think that the passing of McVie has made Mac consider doing the festival a little bit more.

39 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Very much so. Her American tour doesn't end until August next year presumably only then will she start pre production in earnest and then after the shoot (which we don't know when that will be) their is the music score and editing. Maybe she won't want to tour again until after the release because of all the promoting involved 

Yeah I’m worried that it doesn’t look very good for international dates coming any time soon…

25 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Yeah my point is if they booked 3 sugary vacuous pop acts it totally changes the festival's dynamic both in terms of music, outlook and demographic. The following year it'd be packed with a very different crowd

No way they'd book three acts like this.

I would say only Dua is sugary pop out of the three. 

2 hours ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Yeah, I'm worried that she may not land on the farm until around 2025-6

On 12/13/2022 at 3:25 AM, Suprefan said:

This is the whole issue with Glasto going all female if it isnt ''done right''. Regular punters will think its like Big Weekend or something. And how is the demographic going to change that quickly if everyone has a ticket before they announce the headliners?  And what influencers go to Glastonbury? I dont see the Kardashians hanging out at the Pyramid. 

Coachella, Kardashian’s, influencers blah blah blah. 

On 12/12/2022 at 3:57 PM, jannybruck said:

She's got nothing even approaching a hit or recognisable radio song

I can only assume you don’t listen to 6music then? They’ve rinsed the fuck out of all of the singles from SIMBI and seem to have Gorilla on repeat as well now.

I’m a massive Simz fan but playing her every hour is a bit too much HA

Never said they should headline but theres no other 2024 thread and gwen is busy in 2023.

On 12/14/2022 at 6:24 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

You will if you look hard enough

Kim-K-PA.jpg?quality=75&width=990&auto=w

So they show up every year without fail? I thought so.  If influencers actually invaded pilton then half the properties around there would be bought out at incredibly high rates. Even higher than what some of those offer.

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

So they show up every year without fail? I thought so.  If influencers actually invaded pilton then half the properties around there would be bought out at incredibly high rates. Even higher than what some of those offer.

I doubt it. It's not like Pilton is going to the highest bidder.

That shot actually looks like they're mingling with the great unwashed! Maybe with security around them?