2023 Ticket Price Confirmed

Dukeicon

21 hours ago, p.pete said:

Quick work taken from my G50 book, hopefully I've copied the numbers across correctly - The column on the right is increase per year, so if theres' a 2-year gap I've divided the % jump by 2.  Looks Like the % increase this year is the biggest since 2009, but not ridiculous - I guess the festival was changing a lot more year to year when the figures jumped up by a lot more...   Would be worth re-working this to pull in the capacity numbers...

1979 £5  
1981 £8 30%
1982 £8 0%
1983 £12 50%
1984 £13 8%
1985 £15 15%
1986 £17 13%
1987 £21 24%
1989 £28 17%
1990 £38 36%
1992 £49 14%
1993 £58 18%
1994 £59 2%
1995 £65 10%
1997 £75 8%
1998 £80 7%
1999 £83 4%
2000 £87 5%
2002 £97 6%
2003 £105 8%
2004 £112 7%
2005 £125 12%
2007 £150 10%
2008 £155 3%
2009 £175 13%
2010 £185 6%
2011 £195 5%
2013 £205 3%
2014 £205 0%
2015 £220 7%
2016 £228 4%
2017 £238 4%
2019 £248 2%
2020 £265 7%
2023 £335 9%

Some of them would have been a higher cpi than the intervening years too, would they not? 

4 hours ago, gfa said:

They'd already moved to that for the past 2 years, unless they decided to eat into their profit margin i don't see how they could have gone down £5 vs 10-20% rises seen elsewhere

image.thumb.png.a7d84f3948f59364e451ee869ff76998.png

2 hours ago, stuie said:

image.thumb.png.a7d84f3948f59364e451ee869ff76998.png

Its not like this has changed though much - unless theres even more sponsorship next year than there was this year. They would need an additional £15+ of sponsorship to be able to lower tickets by £5 i reckon

On 10/21/2022 at 6:27 PM, DareToDibble said:

This visualises it well to be fair. 9% jump (although it's actually less than that as we ended up paying £285 for this years festival) isn't that bad when you factor in a natural increase and cost of living flying up etc.

Yeah - it was less up to 2022 if you include the £285 intermediate point.  It was either a 5% increase per year from 2019 (if you ignore 2020 existing at all, that'd be wrong though as although that festival didn't happen tickets were sold), or a 7% increase from 2019 to 2020 followed by 2 years of ~4% increases up to the 2022 price (at which not [as?] many tickets will have been sold).  

So the jump this year is either 17.5% (highest since 1990) if you want to look at it as an increase since last year, or as 9% per year if you want to go from the years since the 2020 price-point was planned.  Both options are a little fudgy due to some tickets being sold for £285 last year.

On 10/21/2022 at 10:11 PM, gfa said:

Its a balance re backlash. Raising ticket prices gets more backlash than additional 5k people or so i think / cutting major areas.

If the pre-erected stuff sells badly they will just change some of these areas to general camping i think, which is far more dense too.

Or maybe PTSD plays a factor (e.g. following a muddy year) - 2008 ticket price only went up 3% but sales were slow, 2009 (after that tricky year) they put the price up 13% and seemed to get away with it.  The size of the festival didn't really increase 2007-09, so lots of different things that can cause a backlash (JayZ).

Thought this’d be the most relevant thread. Going to Glastonbury (hopefully) for the first time. Just wondering if the rest of my group is trying for tickets, will the website make sure only one of us gets tickets for each of our registrations? 
Just hoping that we don’t get charged for the deposit multiple times if more than one of us manage to get through.

thanks!

Just now, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Thought this’d be the most relevant thread. Going to Glastonbury (hopefully) for the first time. Just wondering if the rest of my group is trying for tickets, will the website make sure only one of us gets tickets for each of our registrations? 
Just hoping that we don’t get charged for the deposit multiple times if more than one of us manage to get through.

thanks!

Yep registrations can only be used once … they will get locked after use .. good luck 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Legend! Thanks 🙏 

Its also worth bearing in mind that each group trying to get tickets should have the same group of registration numbers because if a reg number has been successful in getting a ticket in one group and is still in another group of others trying to get tickets, it will block the whole transaction from going through. 

Hope that makes sense....

54 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

thanks!

The golden rule of groups is try to avoid mixing them up.   Many people have a tale from previous sales where person A wanted to be doubly sure so got themselves put into two groups. 

First group gets through and buys all 6 tickets.

Second group gets through, puts in all 6 people's details, but the order is blocked due to person A already having a ticket.

Either they never get back to the buy screen or by the time they do all tickets are sold out. 

Same thing happens if one person hasn't checked their registration or postcode - potentially depriving the others from their one chance at a ticket! 

50 minutes ago, clarkete said:

The golden rule of groups is try to avoid mixing them up.   Many people have a tale from previous sales where person A wanted to be doubly sure so got themselves put into two groups. 

First group gets through and buys all 6 tickets.

Second group gets through, puts in all 6 people's details, but the order is blocked due to person A already having a ticket.

Either they never get back to the buy screen or by the time they do all tickets are sold out. 

Same thing happens if one person hasn't checked their registration or postcode - potentially depriving the others from their one chance at a ticket! 

Can confirm that this has happened to me and it sucked.

1 hour ago, Serenefishy said:

I have no friends who want to go. Weighing up having a go at a ticket anyway. Anyone been solo before?

I’ve been solo a few times and it’s great. You will find lots of folks to chat to and don’t have to worry about what the rest of your group want to do. 

Normally there’s a group of solo goers on here that arrange to camp together 

17 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

How selfish of the festival to remind their customers to double check their reg numbers/postcodes etc, don’t they know it personally harms my chances of getting a ticket if more people are able to try for tickets? Disgraceful.

Worst is when days  before the sale there’s articles in the papers and on tv trumpeting that the date of the sale. 

• Upvote 1