ticketmaster dynamic pricing uk

brettredmayne

20 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Was that for absolute cheapest tickets available? Very interested to know if that was the case and the cheapest tickets available are above £100.

That was GA standing, there was a golden circle but IIRC it was about 50 quid more.

Think there were cheap seats right up in the gods.

On 9/2/2022 at 3:25 PM, fraybentos1 said:

Guessing Ticketmaster get the lion's share. Still think that See or whatever might be better to use despite smaller allocation as way less people will use it. Been ages since I have had to be on the ball to get tickets but thinking ahead for upcoming stadiums.

See doesn’t have the random queue which is the main good thing about it imo, never failed to get tickets on it

19 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Imagine if Glasto had dynamic pricing. Fucking ell’

Worried I’m going to need a mortgage to see Swift. If they surge to £500, Swifties will still buy them. 

Resale next year is going to be brutal.

On 9/2/2022 at 11:11 PM, Matt42 said:

I've often wondered what would happen if Glasto had an auction one year and tickets were sold to the 138,000 highest bidders, just how much they would sell for, what would be the lowest winning bid, and how much money Glasto could make from it all. No idea about the highest, but what do you reckon the lowest winning bid would be, £300-£350? I suppose it would be a bit higher then the current price of a ticket, on the basis there are a lot more than 138,000 willing to pay that amount already

... and also wonder how shit the festival would be that year!

On 9/2/2022 at 11:11 PM, Matt42 said:

Worried I’m going to need a mortgage to see Swift. If they surge to £500, Swifties will still buy them. 

A quick search shows Glastonbury luxury accommodation, hospitality and two tickets for next year, twelve and a half grand .  Other companies just say call us for prices. Well I suppose if Truss reduces tax for the wealthy they can easily afford it. 

On 9/2/2022 at 3:11 PM, Matt42 said:

Tiered Pricing would be a way for them to go since a lot of other festivals do that  now to make some extra money off people who hold off on buying. T day general and coach is one price point and then resale general and coach are slightly higher. Dont think they wouldnt mind a few extra hundred thousand quid.

And you couldnt set the algorithm to change pricing on any festival anyway because it would go haywire and you screw over a lot of people just waiting in the queue to get tickets initially. So thus with tiers once you sell a certain amount ( whatever that is ) the price jumps. Of course festivals usually dont reserve many tickets in the first couple of tiers so it gives the illusion that sales are very strong and it motivates people to buy sooner cause they think a sellout is closer.

Here is the pricing chart for that one fest in the west for 2023. I expect another pricing tier to be added once the lineup is out in January.

24BEE57B-5A14-4855-8F13-C94EB2FB9434.jpeg

8 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

I've often wondered what would happen if Glasto had an auction one year and tickets were sold to the 138,000 highest bidders, just how much they would sell for, what would be the lowest winning bid, and how much money Glasto could make from it all. No idea about the highest, but what do you reckon the lowest winning bid would be, £300-£350? I suppose it would be a bit higher then the current price of a ticket, on the basis there are a lot more than 138,000 willing to pay that amount already

... and also wonder how shit the festival would be that year!

What freaks me out about these situations is that they can realistically price gig tickets whatever the fuck they want to. People will always be there ready to pay it. It’s really dystopian. The gap between rich and poor is getting wider and wider. It really feels like we are living in a two tiered society at the moment, one where money isn’t a problem, and one where people are just getting by.

I reckon if glasto was an auction it would still sell out as usual.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Tiered Pricing would be a way for them to go since a lot of other festivals do that  now to make some extra money off people who hold off on buying. T day general and coach is one price point and then resale general and coach are slightly higher. Dont think they wouldnt mind a few extra hundred thousand quid.

And you couldnt set the algorithm to change pricing on any festival anyway because it would go haywire and you screw over a lot of people just waiting in the queue to get tickets initially. So thus with tiers once you sell a certain amount ( whatever that is ) the price jumps. Of course festivals usually dont reserve many tickets in the first couple of tiers so it gives the illusion that sales are very strong and it motivates people to buy sooner cause they think a sellout is closer.

Here is the pricing chart for that one fest in the west for 2023. I expect another pricing tier to be added once the lineup is out in January.

24BEE57B-5A14-4855-8F13-C94EB2FB9434.jpeg

They won't this and it scares me that you come on here hoping a lot of the best aspects of Glastonbury should morph into Coachella

On 9/4/2022 at 5:39 PM, Suprefan said:

And you couldnt set the algorithm to change pricing on any festival anyway because it would go haywire and you screw over a lot of people just waiting in the queue to get tickets initially. So thus with tiers once you sell a certain amount ( whatever that is ) the price jumps. Of course festivals usually dont reserve many tickets in the first couple of tiers so it gives the illusion that sales are very strong and it motivates people to buy sooner cause they think a sellout is closer

When all tickets are gone in half an hour there is no reason to have tiered pricing at all. 

We talk about a price ceiling for where people are likely to draw the line, but if Glastonbury were to introduce tiered pricing on a general sale level then I think that would be my cutoff point.  Fine if you want to pay through the nose for some posh camping outside the fence or even the teepee field, but once you're through the gates everyone's pretty much the same with the exception of backstage and crew bars. You've got just as much right to be in the pit in front of the pyramid if you're a kid who's saved all year to be there as you do if you've landed by helicopter and are staying in an overpriced yurt.

Actively start breaking up the crowd like that and I'd be done.

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

When all tickets are gone in half an hour there is no reason to have tiered pricing at all. 

Yes there is. Because the people who didnt get in within the first 10 mins are going to have to pay some extra money for not refreshing fast enough. Happens over here all the time. If they want the extra income so they can do more, then this might be a path. Like I said, changing the price between t day and resale might also be an option and surely there wont be a big drop off in who tries for tickets in march/april compared to oct. The diff is you see the poster and can judge the value of it on your own. We all know the festival is very underpriced so they might as well have the cost start to reflect that. 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

We talk about a price ceiling for where people are likely to draw the line, but if Glastonbury were to introduce tiered pricing on a general sale level then I think that would be my cutoff point.  Fine if you want to pay through the nose for some posh camping outside the fence or even the teepee field, but once you're through the gates everyone's pretty much the same with the exception of backstage and crew bars. You've got just as much right to be in the pit in front of the pyramid if you're a kid who's saved all year to be there as you do if you've landed by helicopter and are staying in an overpriced yurt.

I don't think it would fit with ME's politics or religion. 

I've seen that second Kingsmen film on the telly twice and do laugh at their bit with the VIP section 😊

1 hour ago, Quark said:

You've got just as much right to be in the pit in front of the pyramid if you're a kid who's saved all year to be there as you do if you've landed by helicopter and are staying in an overpriced yurt.

Do they go into the pit (a term I hate)?

Anyway I'm also against tiered pricing, but better not say more as I'm sick of being jumped on.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Yes there is. Because the people who didnt get in within the first 10 mins are going to have to pay some extra money for not refreshing fast enough. Happens over here all the time. If they want the extra income so they can do more, then this might be a path. Like I said, changing the price between t day and resale might also be an option and surely there wont be a big drop off in who tries for tickets in march/april compared to oct. The diff is you see the poster and can judge the value of it on your own. We all know the festival is very underpriced so they might as well have the cost start to reflect that. 

Yes because that’s definitely how glastonbury’s ticket sale works 😂 - why even suggest it because you know they would never do this.

why should people who get lucky be subsidised by those who aren’t

Edited by gfa

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

What a bizarre take…

Wish people voted with their wallet and just boycotted TicketMaster. Absolute shower of shit company. Their fees are one thing, dynamic pricing is on a whole other level.

If there's anyone I'd love to see go bust it's them. But won't ever happen sadly 😞