Taylor swift

brettredmayne

On 10/27/2023 at 6:16 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Arguably the album that needed it least and also the toughest to replicate given it's up there with the likes of Thriller, Rumours, Purple Rain, Tapestry, Dare, Born In The USA, etc in the pantheon of greatest pop albums of all time

Agreed. Not much in the Vault tracks this time but given her absurd work rate over the last couple of years can hardly complain.

12 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Both are great and very similar. Shocked someone could love one and not like the other. 

I mean it’s certainly not the case that I don’t like Evermore, but it’s definitely the one I return to the least. Probably because I was still obsessed with Folklore when it landed so I never listened to it on repeat for months like I usually do with her albums, and therefore don’t associate memories and times in my life with it to the same extent.  

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 11:06 AM, Drinky said:

I think she’ll try for the Wembley tour record (Take That’s 8 nights for a £38m total gross in 2011) with another three nights after the current stretch in August, hence why the London dates are split. No basis for saying that apart from her appetite for setting new records and the level of demand

I had a feeling there would be more dates - I reckon there will be one final Wembley date to come on the 21st to take the Wembley record outright 

9 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'm aware inflation has hiked the market among other matters, but stadium tours are just staggeringly extortionate in cost for the punter today.

But they'll sell. They'll nearly always sell.

If you can get stadium tickets at the actual face value price then whilst expensive they are comparable to some other sports and entertainment events. It’s the rip off dynamic pricing or VIp pricing that starts to become eye watering. 
Many years  ago we paid £78 for U2 tickets at Wembley ( 2008?) with a “view” of the back of the stage -thankfully my cousin knew the security manager who got us moved to Club Wembley seats. 
We paid £120 for the non- sellout Reputation tour at Wembley in 2018 floor front side seating with great views of A and B stages. This time we have paid £172 face value for front left standing at Murrayfield. The cost of getting to and staying 2 nights in Edinburgh though is the eye watering bit!! 

There's usually some that are nominally cheap; I think, before fees were thrown on, my tickets for Bruce Springsteen at Wembley were £65 a pop, which is the same that I paid a decade ago to see him in Leeds from memory.

But fees are a killer as much as the ludicrous prices and the golden circle concepts. Know bands will do it because there are those who will fork out for it, but yeah.