Taylor swift

brettredmayne

17 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I vividly remember standing in the crowd on the Friday night for the TBC act feeling so convinced it was going to be Taylor...the sadness when it was not. I was not privy to the info beforehand that it was The Libertines 😞 

Waking up one morning to find out that the Sunday night slot which had looked destined for Taylor had instead been taken by The Who and Paul Weller was the worst moment of my life since my Dad left. 

52 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Delicate is gonna be on the setlist. One banger down, ~40 to go. 

Really hope she does a chunky 2 1/2 hour set. If Bruce and Macca are doing it in their 70s/80s, Taylor surely has to start doing it with the back catalogue she has. It’s doing her own music a disservice to trim it down to 2 hours or less. 

14 minutes ago, jparx said:

Really hope she does a chunky 2 1/2 hour set. If Bruce and Macca are doing it in their 70s/80s, Taylor surely has to start doing it with the back catalogue she has. It’s doing her own music a disservice to trim it down to 2 hours or less. 

Hard agree. Needs to be 30 songs minimum IMO, even if some of those were mashups/medleys. 

SJ Smallpage (an "official" GFLcommentator} is today saying there is a slim chance Taylor could play on the Sunday. Swifty is in Minneapolis on Saturday night. Flight time from there to London is 8 hours. She could sleep on the plane and do the show knowing she doesn't have to do anything for a week. Do I sound desperate?

6 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

SJ Smallpage (an "official" GFLcommentator} is today saying there is a slim chance Taylor could play on the Sunday. Swifty is in Minneapolis on Saturday night. Flight time from there to London is 8 hours. She could sleep on the plane and do the show knowing she doesn't have to do anything for a week. Do I sound desperate?

A bit TBH.

6 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

Yes, very desparate. And whoever said that sounds insane.

Getting off stage at ~4am BST, and then an overnight flight to London that gets in at noon-ish? Not happening. Certainly not for an artist that cares about their presentation, as they (and their crew) would be wrecked.

23 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

sj small page isnt official in any way ... probably as official as I am 

3 hours ago, Martin Ashford said:

If there is a straw then I'll clutch it.

But in all seriousness I'd suspect absolutely ZERO chance.

Edited by Hotchilidog

9 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

Why are you trolling your own site and users? It doesn't make sense. Let the Taylor Swift fans be excited in the Taylor Swift thread. Just no need for you to start this.

He does this fairly regularly. There's users on here he just plain doesn't like and will go after them and the acts they like. There's also artists he doesn't like and if they get brought up will say they're not playing.

Take me back to earlier this year where he guaranteed nightmares on wax were headlining West Holtz and wouldn't back down, even after the line up came out that showed they probably weren't. 

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

He does this fairly regularly. There's users on here he just plain doesn't like and will go after them and the acts they like. There's also artists he doesn't like and if they get brought up will say they're not playing.

Take me back to earlier this year where he guaranteed nightmares on wax were headlining West Holtz and wouldn't back down, even after the line up came out that showed they probably weren't. 

I think long time users will remember the Noel Gallagher debacle too regarding whether he was playing in 2019 or 2020. Neil has since been proven wrong.

9 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I think long time users will remember the Noel Gallagher debacle too regarding whether he was playing in 2019 or 2020. Neil has since been proven wrong.

He doubles/triples down on things, mostly due to either not hearing the info himself OR not liking the user that the info is coming from, or worse, not liking the artist. 

7 hours ago, Martin Ashford said:

Martin, my friend. She’s not doing Glastonbury.

I know it really sucks but we are not her priority.