Taylor swift

brettredmayne

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Anybody else preferring the 7 additional tracks on the 3am version to any of the other songs on the official release?

Yep, the standard edition hasn't really stuck with me yet, a lot more on the 3am version has had an instant reaction. Would've Could've Should've is for me easily the best track after 2 listens through of the whole record. 

10 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Trying to listen to it with it on the background while working but not really taking it in. So far no track has caught my attention and made me stop what I'm doing. 

I'll go a walk with it at lunchtime and listen properly.  I prefer Folkmore/Evermore to Taylor's other stuff so I imagine once I get into the lyrics of the songs I'll enjoy it more. I like that there's no pop banger cause for me, the ones on Lover were the weakest part.

Ok I just got to Would've, Could've, Should've and I am onboard, though it is one of the 3am tracks rather than an album track.

2 minutes ago, PGTIps said:

Yep, the standard edition hasn't really stuck with me yet, a lot more on the 3am version has had an instant reaction. Would've Could've Should've is for me easily the best track after 2 listens through of the whole record. 

Would've Could've Should've is my favourite from the 3am tracks, coming in just behind Anti-Hero and Maroon overall for me

Build your own Midnights - I would have structured the album as below

1. Lavender Haze 
2. Anti-Hero
3. You’re On Your Own Kid
4. Midnight Rain
5. Question…?
6. Vigilante Shit
7. Bejeweled
8. Karma
9. Sweet Nothing
10. Mastermind
11. The Great War
12. Bigger than the whole sky
13. Would’ve, Could’ve, Should’ve

Ending the album on Would’ve - feels a bit like a missed trick. It’s the best track by far.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

1. Lavender Haze 
2. Anti-Hero
4. Midnight Rain
5. Question…?
6. Vigilante Shit
7. Bejeweled
8. Karma
9. Sweet Nothing
10. Mastermind
11. The Great War

Ending the album on Would’ve - feels a bit like a missed trick. It’s the best track by far.

Each to their own and all that .... but you can't drop Maroon!

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

1. Lavender Haze 
2. Anti-Hero
4. Midnight Rain
5. Question…?
6. Vigilante Shit
7. Bejeweled
8. Karma
9. Sweet Nothing
10. Mastermind
11. The Great War

Dude Maroon is one of the best tracks she's ever done!

Currently half way through Midnights... enjoying this. It needs a "banger".

I didn't really enjoy Folklore & Evermore compared to what she'd done before, I appreciate that is probably an unpopular opinion.

I think this is a return to form a bit.. but it needs something a bit more upbeat. I thought "You're on your own kid" might be that initially, but it never really took off.

Anti-Hero is fantastic. Loved that.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Feels a bit like a lover b side to me but maybe it will grow.

Nah - its straight off Rep.  Its takes so many influences from King of my Heart.  Check out around 0:30 on Maroon and compare with 2:30ish on King of my Heart - uncanny.  Similar beats and vocals.  Both brilliant though

9 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Currently half way through Midnights... enjoying this. It needs a "banger".

I didn't really enjoy Folklore & Evermore compared to what she'd done before, I appreciate that is probably an unpopular opinion.

I think this is a return to form a bit.. but it needs something a bit more upbeat. I thought "You're on your own kid" might be that initially, but it never really took off.

Anti-Hero is fantastic. Loved that.

Agree with all of this.

I was so hoping and praying for another 1989 after the last 2 more chilled albums - lets be honest a bangerfest like that is just what the world needs right now.

That said, now I have accepted it for what it is, I am really appreciating it more and more with each listen.  Some brilliant stuff on there and while it doesn't grab you like 1989 it is still a very good album.

4 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Nah - its straight off Rep.  Its takes so many influences from King of my Heart.  Check out around 0:30 on Maroon and compare with 2:30ish on King of my Heart - uncanny.  Similar beats and vocals.  Both brilliant though

There's a trumpet sound in one of the songs (i've only listened once so far so not sure which, unhelpful) and it sounds like it's a sample of False God. 

23 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Would've, Could've, Should've ... It might be just because I have had A WEEK but there are tears pricking my eyes. 

This is the one. 

Can't wait to listen to the whole record again later. 

But now. Back to the coffee and admin. 

My favourite track so far too, so good