Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

I believe everything related Blink 182 will be out today, all at once, they are waiting for Lolla SA line ups to come out. Blink are playing there, all shows. So with that out I think they will announce the full reunion tour for 2023. My guess is all Blink dates are coming out today.

1 hour ago, Andrej said:

I believe everything related Blink 182 will be out today, all at once, they are waiting for Lolla SA line ups to come out. Blink are playing there, all shows. So with that out I think they will announce the full reunion tour for 2023. My guess is all Blink dates are coming out today.

Blink EU-UK tour running from Sept-Oct 2023 seems to be the talk starting Sept 2nd in Glasgow, ending in Manchester on October 15th.

8 hours ago, BenG92 said:

My guess is an All Points East day. Does seem incredibly strange they haven't got a London show. Guess we'll find out soon

Confirmed for London O2 on October 11th, with space for a second night on the 12th.

Seeing as they're confirmed for Canadian shows on the weekend of Werchter and their own Antwerp gig in September as part of their headline shows, we can rule them out of this one.

I'm not his biggest fan but that's the perfect first name for Werchter. It was meant to happen one day, and at least you don't start your announcements with Muse.

He's quite big everywhere in Europe and his live show is very good. And I'm sure we'll have a strong co-head.

Edited by VCF

I hadn't really heard of Stromae when I saw him last time at Werchter but stood there in a ' mouth open' moment. The show, music and crowd were amazing. Being a local guy, who doesn't play often, the crowd love him and it created a real buzz the likes you don't see very often. I think he's a great first act and gets the festival off to a good start.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

If AM & Muse is true though it's gonna have to be some really cool other names to get us in.

I think this is the biggest thing for me, but then again as a potential ticket buyer coming from the UK I do understand that this announcement isn’t really for me and seems to have gone down quite well with the European crowd. 

As it’s been mentioned before there’s bound to be a strong co-head given that it’s Werchter (perhaps they go all out for a pop day and have T-Swift on before?) but as you mentioned Ben, the names we have aren’t a great starting point to convince me to shell out the hundreds of £££s it takes to get to Werchter 

On 10/10/2022 at 1:09 PM, sisco said:

So….  Can someone tell me the basics about RW.  Camping? Is it decent, are there glamping options or hotels etc.. close?.  How quickly does it sell out? 

was thinking of this as our Glasto back up but with Glasto tickets on sale Later this year no idea if I’d miss out on a ticket 

We stayed in the Hive MySpace this year. Think it was £200 for a 2 man tent with airbeds in a field full of them. Great option if coming from England. Decent size tent, all of them laid out side by side and back to back so you won't get anyone tripping over guy ropes or rubbing themselves past the tent making that SHWP SHWP SHWP noise when you're trying to sleep. It's 15 minutes walk from the entrance of the park itself, so popping back between sets is easy. And you walk down a big paved road, so if it rains the mud isn't really an issue. I'd do that again if I went back. Toilets have attendants that keep them clean and well stocked. There's free showers if you're in this area, but get up early. We made friends with our neighbours who had coincidentally been on our coach there. There's also a great bar right there, and a dance arena playing terrible songs. And you get to have pink beer with your breakfast

10/10 would go back

20220704_011036.thumb.jpg.79d17e87281fd65f6587458931d57ed0.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

We stayed in the Hive MySpace this year. Think it was £200 for a 2 man tent with airbeds in a field full of them. Great option if coming from England. Decent size tent, all of them laid out side by side and back to back so you won't get anyone tripping over guy ropes or rubbing themselves past the tent making that SHWP SHWP SHWP noise when you're trying to sleep. It's 15 minutes walk from the entrance of the park itself, so popping back between sets is easy. And you walk down a big paved road, so if it rains the mud isn't really an issue. I'd do that again if I went back. Toilets have attendants that keep them clean and well stocked. There's free showers if you're in this area, but get up early. We made friends with our neighbours who had coincidentally been on our coach there. There's also a great bar right there, and a dance arena playing terrible songs. And you get to have pink beer with your breakfast

10/10 would go back

Completely echo all of this, the worst part is the awful music going on very loudly until 3am like I mentioned in another post, so bring earplugs or coffee! Everything else was great

Not what I expected but it's still a massive name. Not only in Belgium. If you have a look on his worldwide tour, he's selling the biggest arenas in Europe or in the United States. Don't forget he was the closing act at RW 2014 after Kings Of Leon. Then the Werchter Boutique co-headline with Gorillaz this year. What about a Belgian touch on this first day with Oscar And The Wolf as sub?

3 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Not surprising but pretty cool, great musician and his live shows look ace. 

If AM & Muse is true though it's gonna have to be some really cool other names to get us in.

Yeah I've seen Muse & AM so many times now and AM has gotten so stale that I no longer care to see my favourite indie band live, walked away after 20 mins at Leeds fest. Just signed up for Glasto tickets for the first time ever as I'm not impressed thus far. 

Edited by Aech2ElectricBoogaloo

3 hours ago, Scarnic said:

I hadn't really heard of Stromae when I saw him last time at Werchter but stood there in a ' mouth open' moment. The show, music and crowd were amazing. Being a local guy, who doesn't play often, the crowd love him and it created a real buzz the likes you don't see very often. I think he's a great first act and gets the festival off to a good start.

its still the best show ive been too.

I am glad to see a lot of enthusiasm about Stromae, not my cup of tea but I would be happy to watch him. My issue is with overall headliner combo rumoured - if AM and Muse are confirmed it leaves just one slot for open for something interesting. This I reckon will be a key factor for me if I am in

18 minutes ago, Ferda said:

I am glad to see a lot of enthusiasm about Stromae, not my cup of tea but I would be happy to watch him. My issue is with overall headliner combo rumoured - if AM and Muse are confirmed it leaves just one slot for open for something interesting. This I reckon will be a key factor for me if I am in

It leaves about four headline slots no?