What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

11 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I’m packing, and it absolutely sucks balls. 

Question though, does wearing two pairs of socks help prevent blisters? 

No system can completely prevent blisters. However, wearing two socks can help. The inner sock helps reduce friction with your foot. There is still friction occurring – it is just between the two pairs of socks and not your skin and the sock.

google .... but yep 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I’m packing, and it absolutely sucks balls. 

Question though, does wearing two pairs of socks help prevent blisters? 

Not sure, but Compede is your friend if blisters occur.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

No system can completely prevent blisters. However, wearing two socks can help. The inner sock helps reduce friction with your foot. There is still friction occurring – it is just between the two pairs of socks and not your skin and the sock.

google .... but yep 

Perfect thank you. I knew that you would be the voice of wisdom. Understood that this isn’t foolproof 

Almost finished packing. Booze all decanted, mixers in the fridge in the van. Tesco shop came this morning and predictably most of the snacks and breakfast bits I’d added to take were missing, so need to pop out at some point to sort these, get petrol and check tyres. 

I am notoriously last minute and disorganised with EVERYTHING ( hello ADHD), but when it comes to Glastonbury the excitement always has me planning, organised and sorted miles in advance and it feels weird 😂

10 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Compede is also your friend before blisters occur if you know when you usually get them. Or I use moleskin and/or zinc oxide tape for prevention 

Good tip.

I used the Zinc tape training for a marathon a few years ago, life saving stuff. 

For me compeed just slips off my feet, I try and avoid getting blisters in the first place. Engo blue patches can be stuck to your insoles/shoes in the area that you find you are getting a hotspot. I try and add them to insoles which I can swap between shoes/boots depending on what I need to wear that day.

I have weird feet, get blisters really easily - seem to have thin skin on my feet - have tried surgical spirit, and various foot creams/biotin etc. The Engo patches work well for me.

To get ready today I am pootling about the flat trying to organise piles/bags of stuff we need to take. Am wearing my bum bag and listening to worthy fm/bbc 6 radio and spotify trying to decide on who to see where I have got clashes (mostly Sat night)

28 minutes ago, mandana said:

For me compeed just slips off my feet, I try and avoid getting blisters in the first place. Engo blue patches can be stuck to your insoles/shoes in the area that you find you are getting a hotspot. I try and add them to insoles which I can swap between shoes/boots depending on what I need to wear that day.

I have weird feet, get blisters really easily - seem to have thin skin on my feet - have tried surgical spirit, and various foot creams/biotin etc. The Engo patches work well for me.

Iam the opposite.... Once the compeeds are on they stay on for days and only start to peel off in a hot bath 🤣

Drove down to Glastonbury town today, a fairly leisurely four and a half hours along the south coast and up, and now I’m in a travelodge with me feet up!

Into the oxfam field at 10am tomorrow for a couple of days of nosing around and taking it easy before everyone rocks up on Wednesday 👍

Bought some decent walking shoes. fixed the mrs hat (redid some flowers, checked the lights work... important stuff). sewed lights into a jacket.... yeah still not finished that .. urgh taking ages 😄 .

We pick the campervan up tomorrow from the garage.. cutting it fine!

( oh and replaced some of the glastonbury booze I drank friday/saturday...)

Bought myself both EE and Vodaphone SIMS, thinking my phone was dual SIM, it isn't, but I guess I'm getting coverage one way or another.

Bought a power bank for phone. Stuck it on charge. It doesn't seem to want to charge above 86%. That'll be going back after the festival then if it doesn't fill overnight.

Bought a pack of Orange Lucozade for breakfasts. Think I'm going to have to buy another one as have already drunk half of them. Can decant the vodka I got into those empties then.

Got a box of Westons. Am already on my first pint of that. The taste takes me straight back to being sat outside my tent :)

Got two bottles of sunscreen and other assorted toiletries.

Got the rucksack, tent and wellies down from the attic.

I have also been nodded in the direction of the possible loan of a possibly better trolley than my knackered old rusty thing.

Went out 'cause I thought it had stopped raining. Then it totally f**king pissed down. Started really hoping those weather predictions for Tuesday night are well off the mark. 

3 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Bought a power bank for phone. Stuck it on charge. It doesn't seem to want to charge above 86%. That'll be going back after the festival then if it doesn't fill overnight.

Settings>Battery>Battery health&Charging

Turn off optimised battery charging.

I've woke up this morning, and for the first time this year it really feels real.  Had a long few weeks, and been avoiding the ups and downs of the weather forecast, but just this morning started to get that internal excitement building up, especially seeing all of the other posts about getting ready and seeing some of the others setting off already.   A little bit of packing before going to work, but it's going to be a great week.