What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

On 6/2/2023 at 11:00 AM, clarkete said:

Need to think specifically about the mixers you want, as their range is very finite. I bought two shaker bottles last year as they could each fit 750ml flavoured gin, but the shop didn't stock tonic (mgr said not allowed to), hence we made do with overpriced sprite from food stalls - was quite nice tbh. 

Regarding keeping drinks cool, last year I bought one of those food flasks and just shoved as much ice as I could fit in, then use remainder or gave away. My flask was recommended on here and it's by Sho (so wasn't cheap) but kept it cool for 18 hours maybe, even with those temps, then repeated next day. 

Yep I did the same thing last year - had gin and wanted tonic and ended up going with sprite (although I bought the six pack of cans from co op). Sprite and gin still good in my books though!

Thanks for the recommendation - Will look into the flask, last years solution of trying to create an ice bucket from a plastic bag didn't work so well!

21 hours ago, JayDiesel said:

What's the best booze to value ratio you can get without purely taking vodka/gin in with a plastic container? I'm debating bags of Lilleys Cider, but still a touch pricey for the size

Bag wine? or decanted wine

frosty jacks maybe haha

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Bag wine? or decanted wine

frosty jacks maybe haha

I'm actually attending with someone who was offered a role in the 'Science department' of Frosty Jacks (Neither of us knows what that entails). Think of the free bottles we could have taken! I could have saved literal pennies!

2 hours ago, LR10416 said:

Yep I did the same thing last year - had gin and wanted tonic and ended up going with sprite (although I bought the six pack of cans from co op). Sprite and gin still good in my books though!

Thanks for the recommendation - Will look into the flask, last years solution of trying to create an ice bucket from a plastic bag didn't work so well!

Ah I must have just been unlucky in terms of timing for sprite in the co op.  We were in Sticklinch so went there once a day whilst passing. 

I've also tried the bag of ice, as you probably found - not long until bag of water 😊

5 minutes ago, iamstreety said:

Any cider deals to be had in the supermarkets...?

Morrisons had an offer on for x3 of 10 Old Mount Ciders (various flavours) for £22... i'll definitely be going to back to stock up on these!

49 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

I'm actually attending with someone who was offered a role in the 'Science department' of Frosty Jacks (Neither of us knows what that entails). Think of the free bottles we could have taken! I could have saved literal pennies!

The science of frosty jacks should be banned under international law

Think I've decided on my final outfits for the fest so gathered all my clothes together into a big pile ready for packing. Decanted shower gel, shampoo and moisturiser into small squeezy bottles. Mended a hole in my alpaca wool jumper (bought at my first Glasto in 2014). 

I've just bought a festival stool from the middle aisle in Aldi as their camping stuff is out. The stool is very light but not mega sturdy but might come in handy. 

Does anyone know if the type of waterproof poncho that they sell in Home Bargains for 1.99 is any good? Of course not buying it for Gbury - I just thought about getting some for any old rainy day. 

I think my main packing list is done.

Had a quick look round the garage for the camping stuff - but gave up. Really need to do a 'tent test'.

Need to order another double blow-up camping ground mat and some other bits and bobs. 

<cliche>Might get some Elton John stylee Sunglasses.</cliche>

EXCITING. 😁

15 minutes ago, Charliehmiller said:

Did a trial pack last night, bought a new bag from decathlon and bought the half moon packing cubes to go with it. Seemed to fit in nicely

20230606_135335.jpg

IMG-20230606-WA0054.jpeg

IMG-20230606-WA0056.jpeg

What is this sorcery?! I love the horizontal zip down the middle. I wish I packed my bag that neatly. I hope the dog got a ticket this year?!

43 minutes ago, rwoo said:

What is this sorcery?! I love the horizontal zip down the middle. I wish I packed my bag that neatly. I hope the dog got a ticket this year?!

The zip or suitcase style bag was a must for me this year after having to empty my whole bag last year to find anything, the neatness is a trial, packed into days Thursday to Sunday..  not sure how long it'll last once I'm there. 

Sadly no ticket for the dog, not sure she could handle the depths of SE Corner at 4am.