Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

8 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

If I was a betting man, I would hedge that that was indeed the reason. He was probably told it he had any chance of being ready for Glasto, he would not be able to do Dublin. Feel for you mate

Yeah I think so too. 

Truly crap for some of us. 

Already rallying the troops for Friday night on TV but not quite the same. 

Not even rescheduled, refunds already on the way. 

We're all at a loss today with the day off work and all plans cancelled ! 

Would be a shame to cancel Dublin, go ahead for Glasto and still sound rubbish so I really hope he's recovered for you all

I’d say there’s deffo some double standards at play with people seeing Lizzo not as headline material but then would be happy to see Capaldi take that spot. Career wise they’re in legit the same spot and have roughly similar popularity in the UK, if anything I’d argue Lizzo is a better fit than him.

Lizzo really was one of the breakout stars of the weekend with her 2019 set. And has the most global appeal.

Jesus will any female headliner be deemed worthy?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

No, I don't get it either!

She's bigger world wide than Stormzy is currently. She's doing more dates in UK arenas than Stormzy did on his tour before he headlined.

It's a bump up, not an announced headliner. Similar to Florence and the machine.

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

She's bigger world wide than Stormzy is currently. She's doing more dates in UK arenas than Stormzy did on his tour before he headlined.

It's a bump up, not an announced headliner. Similar to Florence and the machine.

each to their own, I personally don't get the hype. 

(probably not helped by my gf playing 'Juice' constantly in our house a couple of years ago! 😄 )

14 minutes ago, SamTheEagle said:

Dua, Taylor and Gaga all come to mind, Rhi was in the conversation this year at one point. 

There are loads of woman who would be deemed worthy. 

Edited by Xeph1995

13 minutes ago, SamTheEagle said:

I’d say there’s deffo some double standards at play with people seeing Lizzo not as headline material but then would be happy to see Capaldi take that spot. Career wise they’re in legit the same spot and have roughly similar popularity in the UK, if anything I’d argue Lizzo is a better fit than him.

Lizzo really was one of the breakout stars of the weekend with her 2019 set. And has the most global appeal.

I wouldn’t take anyone suggesting Lewis Capaldi as a headliner seriously. 
That being said, he’d be a better fit than Royal Blood 😬

7 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

each to their own, I personally don't get the hype. 

(probably not helped by my gf playing 'Juice' constantly in our house a couple of years ago! 😄 )

So I guess this is a personal taste rather than actually thinking she could do it.

There's loads of artists I'm not a fan of or I don't get the hype, that doesn't change their size.

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

So I guess this is a personal taste rather than actually thinking she could do it.

There's loads of artists I'm not a fan of or I don't get the hype, that doesn't change their size.

Well the proof in the pudding will be if she does get it then what size crowd turns up to watch her perform! 

7 minutes ago, Brendan110_00 said:

Lana Del Rey to get slotted in as headliner.

That would be great from my point of view! Already struggling with that clash. GnR Appetite for Destruction was on heavy rotation in my car on release (and Use Your Illusion) so the nostalgia draw is strong, but nowadays I am far more a Lana listener than Axl!!

15 hours ago, JP1994 said:

You’d think for a Pyramid headliner it would be a different kettle of fish. Millions would be watching worldwide etc.

Chems was only a DJ set on Arcadia wasn’t it?

I think by Thursday we'll know, the timeframe is so short and its so hard for him to know until as close as possible, but also whoever replaces them if that happens will need time to throw something together

Just now, MrSpaM said:

The BBC Live Glastocam has it listed that Arctic Monkeys aren't starting until 22:30 on the Friday night?!?

That can't be right surely? gives them like half an hour to play, unless somethings changed and they are playing a shorter set now?

AM.png

that's just the time being show on bbc

5 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

The BBC Live Glastocam has it listed that Arctic Monkeys aren't starting until 22:30 on the Friday night?!?

That can't be right surely? gives them like half an hour to play, unless somethings changed and they are playing a shorter set now?

AM.png

They are billed to start at 22.15, so this looks like a 15 minute delay for broadcast