Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

• 2 months later...

I didn’t go to the festival in 2013, but have just watched their set on iPlayer.

Low rent Elvis impersonations aside, it actually looked a decent set. Good track list and crowd well into it.

I’ve seen them live a few times and thought they were average, but this certainly looked much better than that.

For those who went and didn’t enjoy it, what was the reason? 

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

I didn’t go to the festival in 2013, but have just watched their set on iPlayer.

Low rent Elvis impersonations aside, it actually looked a decent set. Good track list and crowd well into it.

I’ve seen them live a few times and thought they were average, but this certainly looked much better than that.

I didn't go but remember enjoying it on TV at the time, moreso than the Earl's Court show I saw four months later (though that was because of the bass being inaudible and ruining the mix).

In retrospect it almost feels like the goodbye to the pre-AM period, given this was after Do I Wanna Know and R U Mine had been released but before the full AM album, meaning this was essentially close to a greatest hits set in the time before AM came out and ended up basically taking over.

• 2 months later...

As my group of 4 were lucky enough to get Glasto tickets, we have decided to sell our standing tickets for the AM gig at the Emirates on Friday June 16th.

Seeing them two Friday nights in a row seems a bit much! If anyone is interested in purchasing 4 tickets please do let me know! On sale for face value which is a hefty £340 (£85 each).

On 1/29/2023 at 12:04 PM, nikkic said:

I actually loved the set in 2013. It was my first Glasto, first pyramid headliner. And I found it completely and utterly brilliant. Got me going. All time festival highlight for me...

...and that's exactly why I won't be there this year! 🤣

I've had two five pound bets with my brother.

1, They'll end the main set with A Certain Romance like they did in 2013 (btw one of my favorite ever Glasto performances, watching the encore with the strings near the Mandella bar with a fresh cold cider was just magical)

2, They'll do something special, like the string section in 2013, during the encore. My brother....."Miles Kane coming out for 505 doesnt count" 🤣

1 hour ago, st dan said:

IMG_7376.thumb.jpeg.61caec6acc719fd9a1bd8af715a05900.jpeg

Yeah good setlist that. Seems to have been ordered pretty well too with a decent split across the albums.
Only 6 songs from TBH&C and The Car, so should still go down pretty well with a festival crowd. 

Weird to only play 4 songs off of The Car on a tour supporting The Car. 

Also That’s Where You’re Wrong > Suck It And See for me, so I hope they switch that one back. 

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I actually loved the set in 2013. It was my first Glasto, first pyramid headliner. And I found it completely and utterly brilliant. Got me going. All time festival highlight for me...

...and that's exactly why I won't be there this year! 🤣

My sentiments and experience exactly 

36 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Weird to only play 4 songs off of The Car on a tour supporting The Car. 

Also That’s Where You’re Wrong > Suck It And See for me, so I hope they switch that one back. 

Let’s be honest, at least two of those four songs + the Tranquility Base stuff are gonna be lulls/let’s nip off for a pint and/or piss points of their set, so probably best they keep it at that number. They may have gone a bit slow and experimental on record but fill a live set with that stuff and it’s gonna suck all energy and momentum out of it and leave a lot of people unhappy.

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Let’s be honest, at least two of those four songs + the Tranquility Base stuff are gonna be lulls/let’s nip off for a pint and/or piss points of their set, so probably best they keep it at that number. They may have gone a bit slow and experimental on record but fill a live set with that stuff and it’s gonna suck all energy and momentum out of it and leave a lot of people unhappy.

They aren't filling a live set with it? And those 4 songs will sound class live. 

• Like 1