Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

On 9/27/2022 at 11:52 PM, Johndenis said:

Do they have a patchy liv rep?  Not trolling.  Curious as to what folk's opinions are.  I lived pretty close to Finsbury park when they played it, but I was on holiday, was close to TRNSMT when they played it, but was on holiday. Haven't seen them live for about a decade.  Saw TLSP and was pretty underwhelmed.  Tranquility Base is my fave of their albums though.  Real artistic progression imo.  I currently live a mile from Bellahouston Park so will probably get a few tickets.

Nah not really, lots of folks on here who find them boring live despite not seeing the connection between that and the fact they’ve seen them over 8 times.

if I saw any band 8 times I’d probably be bored too.

Edited by MaxPower

On 9/27/2022 at 2:52 PM, Johndenis said:

Do they have a patchy liv rep?  Not trolling.  Curious as to what folk's opinions are.  I lived pretty close to Finsbury park when they played it, but I was on holiday, was close to TRNSMT when they played it, but was on holiday. Haven't seen them live for about a decade.  Saw TLSP and was pretty underwhelmed.  Tranquility Base is my fave of their albums though.  Real artistic progression imo.  I currently live a mile from Bellahouston Park so will probably get a few tickets.

I've found their sound desk operatives inconsistent - saw at Earl's Court 2013 only for bass to be inaudible, which ruined 2/3 bass-heavy songs, while Finsbury 2014 was weak after I ended up further back from the front (thought QOTSA there in 2018 was also rough) and TLSP at Ally Pally was also not as punchy as Florence or Foals at the same venue. But at Mad Cool in Madrid, when I last saw AM, they were good.

Alex Turner's reputation intrigues me. When I first saw them, it was in 2011 during the early part of his Yorkshire Elvis phase and I found him quite chatty and keen to interact with the crowd, yet he seems to have become a bit more reserved on stage of late. Maybe it's just his persona for The Car era or something.

2 hours ago, reflekting said:

20k at Malahide, 40k at Marlay. Strange one indeed. I'm sure the demand would have been there at Marlay. 

Well they played Marlay Park in 2014 on the AM Tour, having also sold strong for 2 arena dates in September 2018, so I'd have thought Dublin hadn't had a reduction in demand like that. Unless something happened with the licence or whatever.

22 minutes ago, JoelSteve01 said:

My theory is that they are now going to do a Belfast show at Belsonic which holds 20k. That will even out the 40k total for the island. People who are booked to play at Malahide Castle tend to play Belsonic (not always) as seen through Paolo Nutini and Florence and the Machine this year. 

How long would it take for a Belfast announcement?

1 minute ago, crozbie15 said:

I now have a code, thanks, but not sure what the link is, i am just going through to general sale. Anyone have the presale link?

https://arcticmonkeys.seetickets.com/tour/arctic-monkeys?pre=artist&mc_cid=f89333b249&mc_eid=451c075c4d&utm_source=awin&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=81619&utm_content=Newsletters&awc=7816_1664439687_c9f0264de432a7eaefc0601a0cdf89f8&AFF=aw

Managed to get 4 tickets for Manchester! London prices below for anyone interested

1840293652_Screenshot2022-09-29at09_13_09.thumb.png.3fcf6e8637439f12a109c1c967e17086.png

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 6:36 AM, gazzared said:

Not sure if this is anything new, I know everyone has been expecting them to headline the Friday night but first time I've seen a report about then.

https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/arctic-monkeys/reportedly-signed-headline-glastonbury-2023/

nothing new in that, its a story lifted from the sun.