Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I admire artistic endeavor however it's not always going to be to everyone's tastes. In this instance, in my opinion, the music they've produced on the last album and the song released on Monday is inferior to anything released previously.

I don't think those who say this should be accused of trolling as seems to have happened above.

After all it's a forum, I didn't see a sign on this thread saying positive views only!

It's different, not necessarily inferior.  Some of their earlier songs are fairly forgettable indie guitar music.  Admittedly quite good examples, but not as interesting as the more recent work.

Here's a thought experiment.  If The Rolling Stones after releasing Start Me Up had embarked on an eclectic musical journey, taking in jazz, reggae, techno, ambient and everything in between for the next 30 years, would they be in a better or worse commercial position than intermittently churning out bland songs I challenge anyone to name, let alone sing?

16 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Here's a thought experiment.  If The Rolling Stones after releasing Start Me Up had embarked on an eclectic musical journey, taking in jazz, reggae, techno, ambient and everything in between for the next 30 years, would they be in a better or worse commercial position than intermittently churning out bland songs I challenge anyone to name, let alone sing?

Doom and Gloom slaps.

Be told.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, majormajormajor said:

So don't watch them, listen to them, or think about them. Why are you wasting your time posting in a thread about them if you don't like them? Trolling in a Glastonbury forum seems like a very odd way to spend your time.

Trolling how?

I do like them but I find their new stuff shit, their sales tend to suggest so fie many. That isn't telling, that is an opinion on them and where I feel they aren't as superior in music quality as they were.

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I admire artistic endeavor however it's not always going to be to everyone's tastes. In this instance, in my opinion, the music they've produced on the last album and the song released on Monday is inferior to anything released previously.

I don't think those who say this should be accused of trolling as seems to have happened above.

After all it's a forum, I didn't see a sign on this thread saying positive views only!

I don’t think anyone really takes umbrage with people not liking it, it’s just weird to start psychoanalysing Alex and the rest of the band over it. 

• Upvote 1

was a bit worried after the r&l reviews last weekend but thought they put on a pretty good show at Kalorama on Friday night. no complaints from me - still don't like tbhc much but albums 3/4 have grown a lot on me since i last saw them so i knew most songs really. once your there the setlist certainly isn't as bad as it looks.

Just getting round to their new single, TBH&C left me very cold, but this is stunning. The looped strings under Alex's vocals, the falsetto in the final third, that rhythmic bass-line - everything comes together to make something so gorgeous.

I was worried that all the chatter of them 'developing their sound' means they'd just be rehashing the last album, but this is exactly how I wanted that to sound.

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

Do they have limited permits for Bellahouston? Only certain weekends or limited no. of shows?

Cause RHCP still have a gig to reschedule at Bellahouston. Would have to be the same weekend? Fr Muse Sa RHCP Su AM?

Pretty sure they have done thursday before to

• Thanks 1