LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

3 minutes ago, gordong said:

Does anyone remember that Clashfinder was the original source of the Foo Fighters rumour last year?

Somebody had info very early on that Foos were booked in to local hotels around the festival which is why they started appearing on clashfinders.

Seems I've upset some 40 year olds on the discord, so I take it back - it's suitable for kids of all ages. 

40 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

image.png.fcf6a80ad311708696525f0c33179d9f.png

Yeah I made that clashfinder, and I'm fully expecting to get it wrong, also I think it's been cropped, the set times showing there are the time each set ends not starts.

Yeah I mean Keane are headlining main stage at Latitude this year and Latitude headliners are usually sub or top on the Other stage or as low as 3rd maybe 4th from the top (can't remember where Wolf Alice or Lewis Capaldi were off the top of my head) on the Pyramid so if they are there (and I personally think it is likely they will be) then they will be in a pretty big slot.

Yeah, I'm on both. Discord is more conversational, can be difficult to catch up on anything if you've been away for a bit. Easier to cover separate topics here but that's basically just down to the difference in formats.

People on both slag off people on the other. Which is a bit odd when we can all agree the real enemy are the Facebook groups.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I know the line up has a Giedie Prime vibe coming off it right now, bit if Keane genuinely do wind up taking up prime real estate on the Pyramid in the year of our lord 2024....

Have you never seen a Pyramid stage lineup before?

Keane are exactly the type of inoffensive rubbish that will be all over it, and has been for 20+ years.....

9 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Thread not the place for discussion of alternative places this site has a new owner and every intention of moving forward under him and very much is . Onwards to June . This site has huge numbers browsing and posting 

Been here for 20 years so will go down with the ship at this stage.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah, I'm on both. Discord is more conversational, can be difficult to catch up on anything if you've been away for a bit. Easier to cover separate topics here but that's basically just down to the difference in formats.

People on both slag off people on the other. Which is a bit odd when we can all agree the real enemy are the Facebook groups.

Dont forget those weird Reddit people… strangest of the lot 😂

Don't like that Clashfinder. If Keane are replacing Judas Priest in the 'kind of afternoon rock' friday slot then someone is getting put under the wheels of a Harley, and my money is on the port boy. 

Just now, kalifire said:

We’re all on the same team, ultimately 👍

Back on topic please, folks.

Exactly that.  Everyone likes talking about festivals, I find the whole you can’t talk about the other a little odd.  If I saw something on Twitter surely you can mention it, or saw it on Reddit/Facebook etc..

All in it for the same reason, trying to get info about something we love as early as possible

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sitruc97 said:

*Sat here silently looking forward to seeing Keane on the pyramid*

Ditto.  I don't really get the hate.  Their first 3 albums were solid IMO.  And in an ocean of po-faced indie guitar clones at the time, they stood out for writing good pop songs using melody and keyboards.  Some great tunes in their back catalogue.  If they play, I'll be there, (badly) singing at the top of my lungs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1