LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

39 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What's this about men becoming less potent?

That would be about me probably missing letter on the keyboard half awake from a late shift lol. Oh and others seemingly needing to get all serious up in your face about! 

Load of old boots! 

44 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

All this despite the fact almost certainly we will see the poster dropped on international mens day;

Aka every day other than March 8th

Shah...we aren't important for an international men's day!...that will just cause another argument haha

44 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What's this about men becoming less potent?

I'm nearly 50 and have had a vasectomy, so I'd certainly qualify as less potent.

2 minutes ago, northernangel said:

That would be about me probably missing letter on the keyboard half awake from a late shift lol. Oh and others seemingly needing to get all serious up in your face about! 

Load of old boots! 

Shah...we aren't important for an international men's day!...that will just cause another argument haha

Its the 19th November.  You berk.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Load of old boots! 

As sadly Richard Herring isn't a member of Efestivals International Men's Day is November 19th (making it a really rubbish date for a Glastonbury announcement)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

It's not going to be an intentional IWD announcement... 

But that's not going to be because some men would be upset that they're suddenly less important to Emily.

BUT it IS important that we keep talking about the fact that women still don't have an equal share. ALL representation matters and yes we should be digging out and celebrating diversity and elevating it! 

The line ups are about 50/50 split now though?

Headliners they try but can only book who is available. 

29 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

As sadly Richard Herring isn't a member of Efestivals International Men's Day is November 19th (making it a really rubbish date for a Glastonbury announcement)

Seems only fair to link to his piece 😊

https://www.richardherring.com/journalism/10321/international_mens_day_comment_is_free.html

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Blimey all you want, you self important man! Keep stuff away from international rubbish. Men and Woman are just as important on the lineup.

Up next, 'white lives matter too' 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

You're digging yourself deeper... so by (hypothetically) celebrating the fact that women finally have an equal or more share of a (hypothetical) lineup at glastonbury after all those years of men absolutely DOMINATING the industry....

Men would be upset because they're less important 

Crikey poor fellas

Can of worms..... 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Don't come with your trying to give me a lifeline bollocks and help me out lol. I don't need anything off of you lol and certainly not your benefit of tbe doubt.

Blimey all you want, you self important man! Keep stuff away from international rubbish. Men and Woman are just as important on the lineup.

How embarrassing for you.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

Oh yeah that's works. A festival profound in making a point about booking more females acts, having equality and diversity announcing on international women's day without a big thing of it. That would be absolutely stupid. You don't choose that day without thought, its would also massively go against credibility for Emily. March 1st is my guess, I don't see it as late as the 8th.

But if there was good representation of women in the lineup there wouldn't be any need to ham anything up. It would speak for itself. By making a big deal of it, they'd be setting themselves up for a fall in futures years.

23 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Feisty in here today 

Hopefully someone at Glasto HQ is reading and throws us a (preferably female) bone to calm things down 

Reads like a Daily Express facebook comment thread.

*Not what you've wrote but the last two pages of this thread.

Edited by SilverLining

5 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

Reads like a Daily Express facebook comment thread.

*Not what you've wrote but the last two pages of this thread.

Nah, theirs wouldn't be a range of opinions, merely everyone agreeing that modern life is rubbish. 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Let’s keep things on topic, folks 👍

Yes, calm down, we’re going to get an announcement when the time is right for the festival to make it. I’m as impatient as anyone, mainly to see the subs and smaller stages. Do something constructive in the meantime, eg build a hat😉😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

It's not going to be an intentional IWD announcement... 

But that's not going to be because some men would be upset that they're suddenly less important to Emily.

BUT it IS important that we keep talking about the fact that women still don't have an equal share. ALL representation matters and yes we should be digging out and celebrating diversity and elevating it! 

I agree, but just let it happen. Ultimately there are more male acts around but Dua Lipa, Texas, Florence, Billie Eilish, Kylie, Miley, Laura Mvula, Sugababes, TLC, Lizzo, Maisie Peters, Carly Rae Jepson, Raye off the top of my head means they are booking female acts. There isn't as many female headliner options though.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'm nearly 50 and have had a vasectomy, so I'd certainly qualify as less potent.

Its the 19th November.  You berk.

Great maturity! 🙄🙄

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

I genuinely don't think I knew about this.

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Up next, 'white lives matter too' 🙂 

How did they even come from that

51 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

How embarrassing for you.

Nothing is embarrassing for me....you trot on and worry about yourself lol.

41 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

But if there was good representation of women in the lineup there wouldn't be any need to ham anything up. It would speak for itself. By making a big deal of it, they'd be setting themselves up for a fall in futures years.

There was 9 female options on the Pyramid this year so if you include all of the acts apart from the choir options making 19 acts so about splits. To include them is 21 with 10 female options so again. 

For me, the lineup should consist of being as strong as it can regardless of who they book. There may be a case where they is just more male acts about which going to deep.

24 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I agree, but just let it happen.

here was 9 female options on the Pyramid this year so if you include all of the acts apart from the choir options making 19 acts so about splits. To include them is 21 with 10 female options so again. 

For me, the lineup should consist of being as strong as it can regardless of who they book. There may be a case where they is just more male acts about which going to deep.

*face palm* 🤦🏼‍♀️

Over the last 10 years only 6% of festival lineups have been female. 

Last year, at Glastonbury, male acts were almost double.

And as for 'Let it happen'.... what?! A well documented history of inequality, misogyny and abuse in the industry needs ACTIVE work to correct the imbalance...same as all inequalities. Not just 'letting it happen.'

And you're feeling like men are becoming 'less important' 😭 - that sounds like a you problem to me!

Might be off topic but this nonsense needs a response

• Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

*face palm* 🤦🏼‍♀️

Over the last 10 years only 6% of festival lineups have been female. 

Last year, at Glastonbury, male acts were almost double.

And as for 'Let it happen'.... what?! A well documented history of inequality, misogyny and abuse in the industry needs ACTIVE work to correct the imbalance...same as all inequalities. Not just 'letting it happen.'

And you're feeling like men are becoming 'less important' 😭 - that sounds like a you problem to me!

Might be off topic but this nonsense needs a response

I'm not sure but I read "let it happen" as in the announcement rather than making it on a celebratory day.