LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

On 2/15/2024 at 3:47 PM, balti-pie said:

i far, far prefer the screamy hairy period, ofc - twas ever thus. But thats tainted by association now with the later beige period. I have no idea what they sound like these days, and i have absolutely no inclination to find out. 

The most depressing thing I've seen in a while is the artist's own 'Kings of Leon - deep cuts' playlist on Spotify. 'Deep cuts'... and it's full of tracks from their first three albums. That era is, sadly, dead and buried.

On 2/14/2024 at 8:11 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

I am sad to have missed out on their 'Being Shat On By Pigeons' era

The sheer amount of mockery that got was bananas. Although tbf I wouldn't enjoy being on stage trying to play for a few thousand people while being shat on by pigeons either.

They did Q Magazine's "Audience questions" feature a few years later and were asked "What does pigeon sh*t taste like?"

Edited by charlierc

8 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

The most depressing thing I've seen in a while is the artist's own 'Kings of Leon - deep cuts' playlist on Spotify. 'Deep cuts'... and it's full of tracks from their first three albums. That era is, sadly, dead and buried.

In fairness the gap between Sex on Fire & Use Somebody and everything else is vast. Not only that but judging by this their most played on Spotify is all from the newer albums, which is kinda something given how large the constituency is that declare their first three albums are superior to everything else.

They have the odd good track here and there, but I'm aware their reputation has taken a nosedive since 2010. And I agree tbf as I don't mind album 4 but album 5 felt really phoned in.

On 2/14/2024 at 11:12 AM, Skip997 said:

Last and only time I saw them was 1984, around the time of by far their best album - Murmur

On 2/14/2024 at 11:49 AM, Toilet Duck said:

I do love Murmur, but favourite R.E.M. album goes to Life's Rich Pageant for me!

That's two of us then.  🙂

14 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

Automatic for the People for me

Same here. I was 16 when that came out and thought it was amazing. Listened to it a few weeks back with 31 more years of life under my belt and it’s absolutely incredible.

33 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

The latest eFestival summary, let me know if there's any obvious errors before I send it across....

Screenshot (133).png

Nathaniel Raitliff & Night sweats, Two door Cinema club, Bombay Bicycle Club, Elbow... all got Glasto gaps 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Speaking as someone who is still bitter Mysterines did not play last year after they were on tour with Arctic Monkeys......

It is quite something imo that The Hives and Mysterines both opened for AM last year and are both opening for Bloc Party at Crystal Palace.