LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

9 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

No, nothing yet! (The shop assistant's rubbish though!)

0425EBB8-837F-42A2-B4E3-CEDBEEB50884.jpg

How much are they charging for Chris Martin, I would go up to £20. I can’t justify anymore for something that would just sit at the back of a cupboard.

Edited by Cherry Tree
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Drinky said:

I still feel sad that their break was announced without any fanfare or farewell shows - just “we’re done” and that was it. Their last UK tour for Accelerate sold so poorly that they had to downgrade to the arena in Cardiff and the top tier was closed at Twickenham at what was their last ever UK show. https://www.theguardian.com/music/2008/aug/11/rem.downsize.gig

I remember money was very tight that summer and I couldn’t afford to go but if I’d known that these were their last ever shows, I’d have sold something to make sure I could have been there

Yes I can't complain too much as I was lucky enough to see them live 4 or 5 times  and I did see them on that last tour but a farewell tour would have been a nice thing.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Till receipt printed with the headliners or a 2024 t shirt hidden in amongst the other clothing. 😉😊

Oxfam selling 2024 t shirts would actually be a genius idea. 

48 minutes ago, mattiosmith said:

I wonder how many people wouldn't pay their balance if there was no line-up announcement before the deadline!? 

Don't know the exact percentage but I'd imagine a fair amount higher than if they do release a poster. Baring in mind resale is done shortly after balance payment time I'd say there is zero chance of that actually happening.

49 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

KoL Glastonbury ‘04 Instagram reel is up. Surely not!? Or is it just advance notice of their BST slot? 

IMG_7149.png

If there was ever a band that suffered creatively from mainstream success it's KoL.  Up to 2008 when Sex on Fire made them superstars they were excellent on record and live.  Beige garbage since.  Real shame.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cherry Tree said:

How much are they charging for Chris Martin, I would go up to £20. I can’t justify anymore for something that would just sit at the back of a cupboard.

He'd pop out pretty sharpish if he heard Kylie or Stormzy start tuning up downstairs....

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

If there was ever a band that suffered creatively from mainstream success it's KoL.  Up to 2008 when Sex on Fire made them superstars they were excellent on record and live.  Beige garbage since.  Real shame.

I saw them a couple of times in the era of their first two albums and am aghast and agog that they somehow got even worse.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I saw them a couple of times in the era of their first two albums and am aghast and agog that they somehow got even worse.

How dare you! Aha Shake Heartbeak is a classic and the subsequent tour was awesome. *slaps with glove* I DEMAND SATISFACTION SIRRAH!!!!

27 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

How dare you! Aha Shake Heartbeak is a classic and the subsequent tour was awesome. *slaps with glove* I DEMAND SATISFACTION SIRRAH!!!!

Aha shake heartbreak is an incredible album.  Its definitely their best effort still to this day.  I'd put the 1st album 2nd and the 3rd album 3rd. 

And every other album KOL have done can get in the bin 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

19 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Aha shake heartbreak is an incredible album.  Its definitely their best effort still to this day.  I'd put the 1st album 2nd and the 3rd album 3rd. 

And every other album KOL have done can get in the bin 

Yeah, i think you've nailed it. I'm told Emily was a huge fan and gave them a push up to headline in 08 (was it 08? i think it was) and they got a bit worried about headlining a festival, started writing stuff that was a bit bigger and singyalongy, and subsequently became Top Man - for your listening pleasure instead of their previous position of hairy inbred screamy blokes.

i far, far prefer the screamy hairy period, ofc - twas ever thus. But thats tainted by association now with the later beige period. I have no idea what they sound like these days, and i have absolutely no inclination to find out. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Yeah, i think you've nailed it. I'm told Emily was a huge fan and gave them a push up to headline in 08 (was it 08? i think it was) and they got a bit worried about headlining a festival, started writing stuff that was a bit bigger and singyalongy, and subsequently became Top Man - for your listening pleasure instead of their previous position of hairy inbred screamy blokes.

i far, far prefer the screamy hairy period, ofc - twas ever thus. But thats tainted by association now with the later beige period. I have no idea what they sound like these days, and i have absolutely no inclination to find out. 

They sound great. But totally uninspired performances... caleb makes it seem as though he would rather be anywhere else than on stage. 

Great songs though so that always carries them through I guess. 

On 2/14/2024 at 4:30 PM, 4AssedMonkey said:

Just not true. They've been decent, just not spectacular with a few really good songs on each album, which, to be fair is all you  can expect.