The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I dunno … where’s that ? 

Cheltenham. We live in a bowl surrounded by hills so it always gets hot here. We held the record for years (99.1 in old money) in 1990 - I remember it cos I went to a rave at our local castle that night & it was boiling. Looks certain we'll be over 100 degrees today though!

4 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Cheltenham. We live in a bowl surrounded by hills so it always gets hot here. We held the record for years (99.1 in old money) in 1990 - I remember it cos I went to a rave at our local castle that night & it was boiling. Looks certain we'll be over 100 degrees today though!

any raves happening tonight?

57 minutes ago, The Nal said:

30c in Dublin. Doesnt feel tht hot though but its a bit cloudy. 

I assume you were predicting a touch of frost for this morning😉
we are stewing in Jersey, alternating between pints of lager and pints of blackcurrant and soda. Consequently pissing like one of the local cows but at least staying hydrated 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

29.5 here so think I’ve got off lightly …. Although the shivers seem to have gone and I’m now sweating so body is now regulating temperature properly I guess 

The proper heat is only just about to start though. The forecast for here says it's not going to be this "cold" again until 21:00 tonight.

On 7/16/2022 at 7:25 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just arrived in Jersey and it’s bloody hot but there’s a nice breeze at the moment. Off to the pub! 

Do you fly over?

My gf wants us to go next year but take our dog with us which means no plane.....from my quick online search seems that my only options are the ferry from Portsmouth or Poole....

11 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Do you fly over?

My gf wants us to go next year but take our dog with us which means no plane.....from my quick online search seems that my only options are the ferry from Portsmouth or Poole....

Yes we fly with easyjet , the ferry is good, one of those hydrofoils by Condor ferries and I think it takes around four and a half hours. 

We're at 32 here in the Netherlands, heading to 35 . The big day is tomorrow with a forecast around 40.

The issue being that our office is under the roof and the so-called "cooling system" doesn't cool anything. So it's 31 degrees, no cooling at night because we can't leave the windows open. Guess how many of us will come to the office tomorrow?