The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

Today didn't feel too bad in London but I didn't actually leave the house! Sat in the shade in the garden for a while and it was actually quite breezy. Don't think I'll be doing that tomorrow.

The flat above is having their bathroom renovated. Wondering if the builders will actually turn up tomorrow or not - that looks like extremely hot work.

4 hours ago, briddj said:

All those people who pooh pooh the GFS.... It was the GFS that showed this could happen first!

Yep, and the GFS was spot on for Glasto too!!! It was (some) people’s interpretation’s of the showers forecast that was way off. 

11 hours ago, Alvoram said:

That reminds me though… Is this still by the station? Might go sit up against it all day! 

F800079E-599F-4854-B5F9-1AC055CA4542.jpeg.c59501f70b4d0acf831251aa37b612d8.jpeg

Definitely still there! Tempting to go in for a paddle! 

27c at 10am… Not too bad so far, but you can really feel it building. Managed to get the garden watered.

(Yes I will be updating regularly, in this heat I don’t plan on doing much else, so will be super bored 🙈😂

530E28A6-A7CC-4FE7-9FDA-BC858A070A91.thumb.png.35ab1166de375b6f270e0b1dbe726849.png

i work on a psych ward, where some rooms have aircon and some don't - and the windows don't open much at all, so its impossible to get fresh air in. Its currently 28.2 in here and its only going to go north of that today . . . its a bloody pain, restraining hot sweaty people!

psych patients in hot conditions tend towards two kinds of behavioral patterns - either a hibernative 'might as well have a nap' state, or an active 'i'm hot and hate the world and will punch you all in the face' kind of state. I far prefer the first one 😄

15 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

i work on a psych ward, where some rooms have aircon and some don't - and the windows don't open much at all, so its impossible to get fresh air in. Its currently 28.2 in here and its only going to go north of that today . . . its a bloody pain, restraining hot sweaty people!

psych patients in hot conditions tend towards two kinds of behavioral patterns - either a hibernative 'might as well have a nap' state, or an active 'i'm hot and hate the world and will punch you all in the face' kind of state. I far prefer the first one 😄

Oh mate I don’t envy you at all!!! But I gotta say I feel for the patients too! Poor fuckers.. 😞 

3 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Oh mate I don’t envy you at all!!! But I gotta say I feel for the patients too! Poor fuckers.. 😞 

There's a little enclosed garden in the middle thats quite airy and nice, i'm encouraging people to get out there for a bit. And very regular drink and ice lolly runs! This time of year always reminds me of a really rare type of deliberate self-harm - people who actively want to be sunburnt - thats really nasty 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

There's a little enclosed garden in the middle thats quite airy and nice, i'm encouraging people to get out there for a bit. And very regular drink and ice lolly runs! This time of year always reminds me of a really rare type of deliberate self-harm - people who actively want to be sunburnt - thats really nasty 

One ward I worked on virtually everyone wants on largactil spent most of the day covering them in sunblock before allowing them off the ward as it caused sun sensitivity

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

One ward I worked on virtually everyone wants on largactil spent most of the day covering them in sunblock before allowing them off the ward as it caused sun sensitivity

Yes! a very old style antipsychotic, its not really used these days - it used to give leg cramps and prompt a bit of a shuffle in patients too didnt it?  

30 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I know you’ll look after them mate, or you wouldn’t have signed up to do the job. 🙂 

Being trapped with no aircon in this is going to horrendous for them. Extra challenging for you and your team to stay patient and caring, whilst you’re also subjected to it, but you got this. 💪