The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

Glastonbury isn't quite in range yet... But the GFS (and almost every other model) for next week is looking insanely hot... @FuzzyDunlop deploy counter measures now!!!!

ukmaxtempbbb.png.d57adb537745133532d71bc0adf04148.png

ukmaxtempccc.png.3a2559db5120bffe626f2bdea3291c1c.png

ukmaxtempddd.png.7f34c8cbbe5ea5bacd31d9a174ee3da5.png

Starts building this week coming and this is the predicted peak the following week... 

I know a nice beer garden if anybody is interested 😉 

Edited by Alvoram

18 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Glastonbury isn't quite in range yet... But the GFS (and almost every other model) for next week is looking insanely hot... @FuzzyDunlop deploy counter measures now!!!!

ukmaxtempbbb.png.d57adb537745133532d71bc0adf04148.png

ukmaxtempccc.png.3a2559db5120bffe626f2bdea3291c1c.png

ukmaxtempddd.png.7f34c8cbbe5ea5bacd31d9a174ee3da5.png

Starts building this week coming and this is the predicted peak the following week... 

I know a nice beer garden if anybody is interested 😉 

Lol. Don't want to see those charts for at least another 330 days

9 hours ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Lol. Don't want to see those charts for at least another 330 days

How else are we going to beat this year's number of pages? Besides, you know you love them!!!

9 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

This is making me nervous for Sam Fender at Finsbury Park next Friday (the 15th) 🫠

It's not looking too bad that Friday, 🙈😂 and it's way too early to be sure anyway... 

Friday.png.e49f2653236a851437b0eda1306f28f7.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I've been working all day... under the air con of the office.

Just walked out.

It's far too hot for me

Aircon has not been turned off at home all week... Dreading the electricity bill. 

Still it could be worse... Look at next Sunday on the latest GFS! This is absolute insanity... Have never seen anything like this for the UK before...

crazy.png

5 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Aircon has not been turned off at home all week... Dreading the electricity bill. 

Still it could be worse... Look at next Sunday on the latest GFS! This is absolute insanity... Have never seen anything like this for the UK before...

crazy.png

Ouch , that looks hot hot hot.  We are heading for Jersey in a weeks time. Beer in the shade will be the order of the day. 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Ouch , that looks hot hot hot.  We are heading for Jersey in a weeks time. Beer in the shade will be the order of the day. 

Oh wow, I absolutely love Jersey... St Brelade's beach is probably my favourite beach ever, it is nicer than any beach in the standard European resorts that I've visited. 

Have an amazing time!

Edited by Alvoram
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Oh wow, I absolutely love Jersey... St Brelade's beach is probably my favourite beach ever, it is nicer than any beach in the standard European resorts that I've visited. 

Have an amazing time!

Ta, staying just up the hill from that beach. Visit the island at least twice a year. Always see the jersey flag 🇯🇪 on the pyramid field! 

Latest models have gone absolute bonkers. Apparently this 100% won't happen (is more a function of the models breaking down and no longer making sense), but still, they're showing an upcoming 52C in southwest France.

Honestly if we ever got a freak heat wave during festival time that pushed things up past 35C, it might genuinely get dangerous. 

20220709_175605.jpg

1 hour ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Latest models have gone absolute bonkers. Apparently this 100% won't happen (is more a function of the models breaking down and no longer making sense), but still, they're showing an upcoming 52C in southwest France.

Honestly if we ever got a freak heat wave during festival time that pushed things up past 35C, it might genuinely get dangerous. 

20220709_175605.jpg

Move it to equinox in march

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Ta, staying just up the hill from that beach. Visit the island at least twice a year. Always see the jersey flag 🇯🇪 on the pyramid field! 

I used to go every year to perform during the Battle of the Flowers... Not been for a few years now though, and I do miss it. 

I quite like it when it rains, it sorts the wheat from the chaff. Its brilliant when you see a group of girls who are at Glastonbury due to a supposed 'bucket list' packing up their heels, garlands and specially bought clothes that they assume makes them look a bit edgy, and ruefully asking the nearest bouncer where the exit is and where they might be able to find their car. Particularly when its Friday morning, or earlier. Following a wet year you tend to see far less rubberneckers and general people that watched Glastonbury on the BBC the year before and thought it looked one hell of a hoot, that in my opinion make Glastonbury a far less fantastic place. 

• Like 1

Oh, so now when the suns doing its summer thing you guys dont like it. Yeah, when its 15 in the daytime with clouds dont get upset cause it could be 51 one year and youll never walk outside of a tent.

I would be more interested in if the festival actually does something to combat high temps, like have more shade areas. Theyll know the forecast and it wouldnt take much time to set that up on monday and tuesday. Or yet again they just let everyone bake in the sun and wonder why the crowds are miserable.

2 hours ago, CauliflowerEar said:

I quite like it when it rains, it sorts the wheat from the chaff. Its brilliant when you see a group of girls who are at Glastonbury due to a supposed 'bucket list' packing up their heels, garlands and specially bought clothes that they assume makes them look a bit edgy, and ruefully asking the nearest bouncer where the exit is and where they might be able to find their car. Particularly when its Friday morning, or earlier. Following a wet year you tend to see far less rubberneckers and general people that watched Glastonbury on the BBC the year before and thought it looked one hell of a hoot, that in my opinion make Glastonbury a far less fantastic place. 

A liitle rain everyday is good to damp down the dust. While I agree that something that gets rid of the bucket listers/should be at Reading or Leeds types is good, I hate any serious amount of rain.