The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

47 minutes ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Today certainly didn't not feel like it was just 24 of his majesty's finest degrees. 

It never does when you are out in the open and there is little cloud cover. Imagine what it has been like for those doing the build in much hotter temperatures 

7 hours ago, Stretlow said:

Walked about all day today (41). Yes it's warm

Drink water and crack on no I way would I take rain over this

The site looked stunning tonight

I agree. My husband and I were discussing this yesterday. Getting wet/muddy is way worse than getting hot! 

It's been far far too hot, but so far it's been manageable as not had many acts to stand and watch. Can keep it moving & go to random places.

The best bit was the rain on Wednesday, I liked that.

Sunburn - Check,

Had a few randoms check on me to see if I'm ok - Check

I'm having a whale of a time

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Upvote 6

26 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It's been far far too hot, but so far it's been manageable as not had many acts to stand and watch. Can keep it moving & go to random places.

Sunburn - Check,

Glad you’re ok, hate to hear of anyone not having a good time! 

25 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Sunburn - Check,

I hope that last line wasnt sarcasm, Fuzzy! I'll keep my eye out for a sunburnt northerner but I expect there are a few of you. 

We sat in Strummerville for a few hours in the heat of the day yesterday. It was lush. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

I hope that last line wasnt sarcasm, Fuzzy! I'll keep my eye out for a sunburnt northerner but I expect there are a few of you. 

We sat in Strummerville for a few hours in the heat of the day yesterday. It was lush. 

It's not sarcasm. Im having a mint time. But it's been far too hot.

• Upvote 1

Was pretty hot, looking cloudy today though so should be better for some - hope everyone can enjoy the acts they want to see.

Latest GFS runs 18z and 00z both still showing rain on Sunday 15:00-21:00 and a very light sprinkling at midday Monday.

iPhone weather is showing storm risks today and tomorrow but I'm not sure where they're getting that from - GFS showing totally dry.

Temps: Fri 22C, Sat 23C, Sun 25C.

5 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It's not sarcasm. Im having a mint time. But it's been far too hot.

Got any tips Fuzzy, really struggling with the sun this year… Currently sat back at camp under a gazebo because even the short breaks of sun today are too much. (Thankfully I can watch and hear Pyramid from here) 

Yesterday was definitely too much, far too hot even around six for the Foo's.

I don't understand why they don't setup glade like shelters between flags at the other stage / wet Holt's etc., surely it wouldn't obscure any more than the flags but could provide shaded spots to watch bands?