Silver Hayes

Crazyfool01

37 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Thanks for doing this, spinning it now. Some good stuff on there, also some stuff I don't get on with at all. I like the summer vibe dancy stuff. The DNB industrial type bits don't do it for me at all and give me a headache. Am I old

Yeah I had a listen to at least 30s of 1 track of eac artist and I'd say I'm about 35% into it. I'm a big DnB, jungle and dub head so there's a lot of top tier talent there: shy FX, Wilkinson, channel one, and plenty of newer acts too I'm keen to have a listen to. I think I'll be spending a fair bit of time round there during the day as personally I'm not a huge band man, prefer my noises to come out of grey boxes!

3 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

I'm new to the dance scene. I recently got into it because my baby likes it. She bounces like crazy when she hears a good beat 😅 I don't know many acts from the Silver Hayes lineup. Can anyone recommend 3 or 4 entry level standout acts? Cheers in advance 🙂👍

Giant swan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, waynewdk said:

BBCC Bad Boy Chiller Crew are from my home town, Bradford and same area, but I’m over 40, they will have a packed out venue with the younger crowd, there style is Comedy Wannabe Gansters, bit Chavvy, but some songs are alright, I’d probably go see them, they rap about guns, qauds, money and drugs, they got some full tracks of there own and some are raps over old 90’s chart dance, like the vid below, they’ve recently done a multi episode show on ITV if you want to check them out, they are young lads having a blast to be fair and seem good lads, they started out doing comedy sketches on Instagram and love to get high and drunk, they’ve not been gigging long but are getting quite big quickly. Check a track out below, also looking foward to Arrdee, he sings the Oliver Twist tune that was in the charts

GLC then?

BBCC Bad Boy Chiller Crew are from my home town, Bradford and same area, but I’m over 40, they will have a packed out venue with the younger crowd, there style is Comedy Wannabe Gansters, bit Chavvy, but some songs are alright, I’d probably go see them, they rap about guns, qauds, money and drugs, they got some full tracks of there own and some are raps over old 90’s chart dance, like the vid below, they’ve recently done a multi episode show on ITV if you want to check them out, they are young lads having a blast to be fair and seem good lads, they started out doing comedy sketches on Instagram and love to get high and drunk, they’ve not been gigging long but are getting quite big quickly. Check a track out below, also looking foward to Arrdee, he sings the Oliver Twist tune that was in the charts

Instantly won me over by playing 90s dance.

I recommend Shy Fx, one of the best best boxers/ sound effects guy I’ve heard, if you remember when plan B was on the Pyramid stage maybe 2014/2015, he came on first and did his stuff

Saw Shy FX open Boomtown in 2018. Be brilliant in a smaller venue.

So sad about the blues going. Saw a pic of how the new set up looks at another festival and just looks like a small stage in the middle of a field. The blues had so much character and loved the stage design, was like another world and felt enclosed and intimate. Appreciate everything has to evolve but sad to see this going 😞

• Upvote 2

Wilkinson playing, not sure if it is a live set, or what even a live set constitutes with an artist like this.

I'll be there nonetheless.

Freakin' LOVE this one.

So Hope it is more like this...... !!

Edited by bamber

I’m torn about the blues, on one hand it was the best thing about the area in what is the worst area of the festival, so on the face of it it would make sense to preserve that and replace the standard tents with things like the Lonely Hearts Club stage so you’re increasing the visual appeal of the whole area. On the other hand I made the point in the glastocam thread that things like that, broadly speaking, seem to have a roughly 10 year lifespan at Glastonbury which is no bad thing. Last time we saw London Underground go and Arcadia replaced, both impressive in their own right but been around for a while and in danger of going stale and losing their impact. I think it’s a good thing these things don’t hang around forever, but in the case of Silver Hayes being such a disappointing area I think there probably could’ve been an exception made in this case. It may very well be though that the firmly rooted stage provides something even more impressive and collectively the area still ends up better than it ever has been before, which is sorely needed.

16 hours ago, Beaver89 said:

BBC Introducing has always been a separate announcement and not part of Silver Hayes itself. So you're right, it's located in  Silver Hayes but it isn't part of Silver Hayes.

....I'm sure there is a UK and Europe equivalency in there somewhere...

Someone else has suggested somewhere it should be in the Park - it used to be! - I disagree. I think it being in SH makes it more accessible and likely to get more passing footfall than on the hill. Though I do see the argument that a Park crowd might be more inclined to stop by and maybe that's why it used to be up there. Had a very sweaty time seeing Zane Lowe in there over 10 years ago on a Thursday evening.

I also seen Zane Lowe there over 10 years ago and it was ace 😁

Sad that the blues has gone to be honest...had some very good nights there on the Thursday. 

Even though it was hard to stay on your feet at times on that slope when in a bad way...🤣

Almost every time I have fancied something in Silver Hayes on Fri/Sat/Sun they have clashed with something on one of the main stages. For some reason I can't pass up on seeing a good band to watch a top drawer DJ.

Edited by Mark_safc

15 hours ago, mazola said:

Hold on, was it Blues or Gully that looked like the shanty town

15 hours ago, David_303 said:

Blues I think. 

They were the same stage in 2019. 

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

For those upset about the Blues heading off, it'll be replaced:

"FIRMLY ROOTED, a space celebrating all things sound-system culture."

From what I’ve heard about Love Saves the day, if they use that field to create a smaller version of their event, it’s definitely going to be the shake up and reinvention that Silver Hayes needs. 

I’m excited by it and I’ve not really liked that area for years.