Silver Hayes

Crazyfool01

8 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

Can someone explain something to my dumb brain please? Why do some just have the name of the act, some say (live) and some say (dj set)? 

"Live" would mean taking parts of the songs and "compiling" them in front of you (e.g. loop machines for drums, loop a guiter riff) - usually their own music.

"DJ Set" would mean taking previously compiled songs and mixing them into each other - usually a combination of their own music and other artists' songs.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Question to those who don’t know any names… do you go out clubbing in London, Manchester or Bristol? Because people who do will probably know half of this lineup.

Isn’t that exactly what Silver Hayes is supposed to be? I’m perplexed.

If you haven’t been to a nightclub/day rave in decades I’m not surprised you don’t know any names!

It’s like me moaning about Avalon or Croissant Neuf, I’ve got no clue about those stages really as they arnt aimed at me so I just keep quiet.

But that’s the issue with this forum at times and certain types of music. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Ah good point, looking at previous Silver Hayes announcements they mentioned BBC Introducing as a stage for the last three years going by the links on the thingy. Seems like it could well be on the move then.

I think that's a good thing tbh. 

I like the fact there'll be less stages, hopefully will mean some of the extra space can be used for bars/other visuals/production. 

BBC Introducing would be better placed in The Park IMO.

Just now, Divein said:

It’s like me moaning about Avalon or Croissant Neuf, I’ve got no clue about those stages really as they arnt aimed at me so I just keep quiet.

But that’s the issue with this forum at times and certain types of music. 

I literally know nothing about trance or electronic whatever so I never recognise anyone in the Glade.

I don’t complain though because I actively don’t listen to that kind of music. 

2 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Does anyone know if Jaguar could be Jaguar Skills? Our group chat is going crazy with this announcement!

nah just jaguar, she's got a radio residency now for all things housey, she'll be great still!

edit: saying "just" jaguar as in the name, not as in being underwhelmed btw

Edited by Obiginnaw

1 minute ago, oakdown said:

I don't think anyone was moaning? Can't speak for anyone else but I was just making a joke at my own expense... I'll be checking out every act on this poster and probably catching a few in the end. 

This is how I interpreted it.

The posts seemed to be from people being fairly self-deprecating, joking about being old/out-of-touch. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, mcshed said:

The blurb mentions a soundsystem culture based stage called Firmly Rooted so I think we can expect a few more or Channel One are going to have to do a monster set.

Aye, can only see a few on there, maybe I need to explore more. As said Bristol Boys Dubkasm will bring the bass

Soundsytem culture can cover quite a lot nowadays

Edited by fred quimby

Just now, nikkic said:

This is how I interpreted it.

The posts seemed to be from people being fairly self-deprecating, joking about being old/out-of-touch. 

Exactly, I could not be more out of touch. I am genuinely interested in any recommendations though as I know nothing about this scene at all and actually quite fancy a dance this year.

3 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

nah just jaguar, she's got a radio residency now for all things housey, she'll be great still!

edit: saying "just" jaguar as in the name, not as in being underwhelmed btw

2 minutes ago, Bennykill said:

different person, Jaguar has a show on radio 1 i think

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Think Jaguar is a young black female, so no.

Thanks everyone! I'm sure she's great so i'll still be checking it out.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Question to those who don’t know any names… do you go out clubbing in London, Manchester or Bristol? Because people who do will probably know half of this lineup.

Isn’t that exactly what Silver Hayes is supposed to be? I’m perplexed.

If you haven’t been to a nightclub/day rave in decades I’m not surprised you don’t know any names!

I’m a first timer. I have very little idea which “areas” play which kind of music. 

4 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I’m a first timer. I have very little idea which “areas” play which kind of music. 

Fair enough - agree that to a first timer they may find it perplexing not knowing so many people on the lineup.

Maybe this is, in general, the most younger leaning Glastonbury lineup they’ve ever had? Is that a fair statement?

4 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Yeah I'm also a first timer. I think some people on here forget that not everyone knows Glastonbury like the back of their hand, some of us are still figuring it all out.

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I literally know nothing about trance or electronic whatever so I never recognise anyone in the Glade.

I don’t complain though because I actively don’t listen to that kind of music. 

to be fair I think the only thing people were complaining about was the unstoppable march of time and how they used to be with it, but then 'it' changed, and now what's 'it' seems weird and scary 

358207.jpg?b64lines=SXQnbGwgaGFwcGVuIHRvIHlvdQ==

• Upvote 1