Silver Hayes

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, briddj said:

This is the poster which confirms my age more and more with each passing festival.

I'll be 42 this year and it's stacked out for me. 

It's usually an area of the festival I'll spend very little time in but that looks set to change this year. 

4 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Same, Fatboy Slim and Groove Armada only ones I recognise. I suppose that's how it's supposed to be I guess.

Absolutely the way it should be.

I know 11 by name, but only really know anything about possibly 4 or 5.

Though I am intrigued by "Dr Banana b2b Lukas Wigflex."

• Upvote 1

I just don’t understand why it was 13 mins after the announcement and nobody had created the thread … does it all get lumped in the next announcement thread these days …. Same with Avalon …. There used to be multiple threads created with new areas and the least posted in would drop away … 

• Like 1

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

I just don’t understand why it was 13 mins after the announcement and nobody had created the thread … does it all get lumped in the next announcement thread these days …. Same with Avalon …. There used to be multiple threads created with new areas and the least posted in would drop away … 

Been chatting about it there and the dance thread.

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

A lot I don't know there, but standouts for me are:

• Berwyn (Mercury Prize nominee)
  • Fatboy Slim
  • Gabriels
  • Giant Swan
  • Grove
  • Kojey Radical
  • Leon Vynehall
  • Overmono
  • Ross From Friends
  • Sofia Kourtesis

I didn't even notice Berwyn, nice!

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Everyone has just forgotten the forum protocol for handling area announcements over the last 3 years of not having them! 

3 minutes ago, briddj said:

Absolutely the way it should be.

I know 11 by name, but only really know anything about possibly 4 or 5.

Though I am intrigued by "Dr Banana b2b Lukas Wigflex."

Is that not something to do with Chris Morris and the Brass Eye episode on Peados?

Hazey, Arrdee and Bad Boy Chiller Crew, the gift that keeps on giving!

Sad Night Dynamite are a band who just finished touring with Glass Animals in the US so maybe give them a try if your excited by the announcement but not into djs!

1 minute ago, sisco said:

I’m surprised Romy is there.  Wonder if she’ll appear on The Park or somewhere too (it is Romy from the xx right? Lol)

I'm glad it's not just me that doubts every name I do recognise. My only saving grace is I do know Ross from Friends is not David Schwimmer. 

I'm 43 and know about half the poster's names. 

As usual, completely lacking one whole massive section of dance music: Deep house, progressive house, trance etc.. (No breaks either but this is not such a big draw).

I always find this so odd. For such a big budget/ area with multiple stages and venues there are huge sections of the electronic spectrum completely ignored. 

Edited by danbailey80

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I was talking about it on WhatsApp.