Field of Avalon

Crazyfool01

16 minutes ago, Harry49 said:

Can’t understand that if it is true. Surely Avalon would put PP on at a different time. No excuse either as they have only had 3 years knowledge of DR playing the legend slot. Just have to hope it does not occur.

There will always be clashes with someone, they have a hard enough job just getting the acts and doing the schedule. 

PP Arnold has other dates  https://pparnold.com/tours-gigs

I can get tickets to see PP in Cheltenham too but part of the Glastonbury thing, for me, is seeing a load of acts over the weekend meaning I’m not shelling out constantly on individual gig tickets, especially so close to the festival. It is what it is, just a shame, and as mentioned, I fear PP’s crowd will be badly affected. 

On 4/15/2022 at 3:03 PM, danmarks said:

Yeah just going to say. There's still tickets for pp arnold at bristol st georges in may.

Anybody on at the same time as the legend slot will be effected, but somebody’s gotta do it!! 

Can’t remember who was up against Kylie last year but there can’t have been many people at any of the other stages.

6 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Anybody on at the same time as the legend slot will be effected, but somebody’s gotta do it!! 

Can’t remember who was up against Kylie last year but there can’t have been many people at any of the other stages.

I watched a bit of Kylie then went and watched Red Rum Club at BBC Introducing,a small crowd but they appreciated those there.  Traversing the site once away from Pyramid was the positive was a breeze, Other Stage was very quiet for Bring Me The Horizon, only thing mid lineup upwards I've seen that quiet was Emile Sande where I was again walking by.

On 4/15/2022 at 11:04 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

Can’t believe I’ve never heard of Peat & Diesel before, but on this feedback I reckon I’ll have to see them…

I came across them when watching Celtic Connections online last year. There was show focussing on acts from the Hebrides. Peat & Diesel were decidedly different from the other folky acts, but great fun. They have a live album out recorded at Barrowlands.

On 4/15/2022 at 1:27 PM, Winslow Leach said:

Freak Like Me really is one of the all time great pop singles, if they're not clashing with anyone important I'll be there 

Normally not my cup of tea, but I actually bought that on CD single at the time. Forgot all about that. Great song.

On 4/17/2022 at 8:06 AM, Ashl said:

I watched a bit of Kylie then went and watched Red Rum Club at BBC Introducing,a small crowd but they appreciated those there.  Traversing the site once away from Pyramid was the positive was a breeze, Other Stage was very quiet for Bring Me The Horizon, only thing mid lineup upwards I've seen that quiet was Emile Sande where I was again walking by.

This is exactly what I did!

definitely went off in the tent when the crowd lit the flare 😎

• Upvote 1

I opted to see Calexico headline the Park rather than watch the Rolling Stones a few years ago.  It seemed like there were only a few hundred there, but I do not regret my decision and Calexico played a blinder.  Sometimes you have to just make a choice and hope it is the right one for you.

11 minutes ago, buddiepaul said:

I opted to see Calexico headline the Park rather than watch the Rolling Stones a few years ago.  It seemed like there were only a few hundred there, but I do not regret my decision and Calexico played a blinder.  Sometimes you have to just make a choice and hope it is the right one for you.

i wish i'd made it to that instead i was watching arthur smith be very shitly unfunny in the cabaret tent

2 hours ago, buddiepaul said:

Not a bad choice at all, one of my favourite bands. Seen them live several times.

On 4/14/2022 at 6:14 PM, Jakeyboi135 said:

Going all in for peat and diesel 

They were supporting the Levs last year. but never made it in time to see them. Will be at this for sure.

Just now, MrZigster said:

One of the rudest fuckers I've ever had the displeasure to encounter at the festival.

i hope thats because you were telling him that hes shit and unfunny.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Soggy_feet said:

Just discovered Grace Petrie by listening to the Spotify playlist. Superb and definitely another one to try and catch on the farm. The list is ever growing but at the least it's another artist I have discovered and look out for in the future.

Give 'Ivy' a listen to by her. Great song that was written about her niece being born during Glastonbury 2014. 

Edited by chazwwe
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 7:55 AM, nikkic said:

Skinny Lister were on the Avalon stage.