Glastonbury Hangover Night Routines

gfa

What's everyones plan of action?

My usual tactic is a lot of water and then paracetamol in the morning if necessary. I need to get rehydration tablets I reckon, logical next step.

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

What's everyones plan of action?

My usual tactic is a lot of water and then paracetamol in the morning if necessary. I need to get rehydration tablets I reckon, logical next step.

Always prepare for it but have yet to have a hangover at Glastonbury. Tempting fate a bit there, but guess I never truly sober up enough

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

Always prepare for it but have yet to have a hangover at Glastonbury. Tempting fate a bit there, but guess I never truly sober up enough

I actually never get too bad either at festivals, but taking rehydration tablets could help me along come Sunday energy wise etc. I might get some energy tablets too like these perhaps

image.png.467a62964a7341b18b3ef8731f5e20b9.png

1 minute ago, am00 said:

The rehydration salta before bed are key I think. And sparkling water tastes better lukewarm than standard tap which can be hard to drink a pint of before bed! 

I cannot stand sparkling water! Still water tastes fine whatever the temperature I think - i have a cool flask anyway

I posted this in another thread without knowing there's one here - My hangover cure is ......rehydration salts (ORS), pint water and paracetamol an hour before sleeping. Wake up in the morning and have a bacon roll, bloody mary, can of coke, rehydration salts again and get back on the cider mid-day. I always need a late afternoon 45 mins disco nap in the tent so I can stay up to 2am without feeling knackered. Can't stress the importance of eating enough all day and stopping the booze a couple hours before going to sleep.

Dioralyte and alka seltzer pre-mixed in a bottle of water and left next to mattress to neck the moment I arrive back at the tent (don’t leave it until later as there’s a chance you’ll be too knackered and/or fucked and just forget) and then possibly more alka seltzer or paracetamol and water in the morning and some berocca, and then just cracking open another can of course. 

Been my method for a couple of years now and seems to sort me out pretty well, and the odd chance I’ve not done this boy have I felt it and regretted it in the morning. 

Hydration tablets wise I have used Nuun tablets and they are good. Make sure it's the ones without caffeine. 

I didn't use them for hangover prevention in 2019 as was on a 7am start on my recycling crew shifts so wasn't going mad but that were great for hydrating in the heat. 

Stagger to a compost toilet to do whatever you can after crawling out of your tent. Fingers down throat repeatedly for fifteen minutes. Leave. Don't even think about food. Get back to tent and swig some warm water. Have a 40 minute lie down using the programme as a pillow on the grass. Rise. Open a can of cider and drink half. Hold it in. Pack a bag with cans and set off with no particular destination in mind. End up sat in a long drop in the rain with your head down. Raise your head and see a Seize The Day sticker on the back of the door. Hangover gone.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 12

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It’s a weird one, I struggle like hell with hangovers outside of the gates but I’m able do 5 days straight of boozing whilst at Worthy Farm with no issues.

Must be the ley lines!

I’ve always had this too (and I’m a big baby with hangovers).  I can only presume it’s the steady flow of alcohol throughout the day/night rather than the quick few hour hit when you go out on an evening

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Half a can of cider mixed with diorolyte, berroca and a soluble asprin, paracetamol caffeine tablet for breakfast. 

Tastes like fruit juice. 

01BCB480-BE6A-4612-9EFA-46E85D0604BA.thumb.jpeg.eeca430c1615f57855f5d21273a40113.jpeg

Once that’s settled in your stomach it’s time for some food and time to get back on it.

This is what i'm talking about! Absolute concoction you have yourself there!

Lots of mentions of Dioralyte on here but I'm assuming we all know any Rehyrdation Salts will do the trick eg Home Bargains do Galpharm 'Lost Fluid Replacement' sachets.....same thing but much cheaper.

If you forget to pack some then a glass of flat cola with a spoonful of salt in it plus a banana on waking for potassium and fibre is a good alternative.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

It’s a weird one, I struggle like hell with hangovers outside of the gates but I’m able do 5 days straight of boozing whilst at Worthy Farm with no issues.

Must be the ley lines!

Fresh air ? And not thinking about it too much … im similar it’s odd 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Fresh air ? And not thinking about it too much … im similar it’s odd 

Yeah I think the fresh air/generally having to get up and be active does wonders. With a normal hangover there’s such a temptation to just sit and stew in your awfulness, whereas at Glastonbury you aren’t really afforded that and are forced back into the outside world. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I think the fresh air/generally having to get up and be active does wonders. With a normal hangover there’s such a temptation to just sit and stew in your awfulness, whereas at Glastonbury you aren’t really afforded that and are forced back into the outside world. 

That and an ice cold porta shower usually sort me out 

38 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Lots of mentions of Dioralyte on here but I'm assuming we all know any Rehyrdation Salts will do the trick eg Home Bargains do Galpharm 'Lost Fluid Replacement' sachets.....same thing but much cheaper.

If you forget to pack some then a glass of flat cola with a spoonful of salt in it plus a banana on waking for potassium and fibre is a good alternative.

What flavour do the lost fluid sachets come in? Dioralyte works for my cure as it’s blackcurrant flavoured. 

28 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Lot of people taking paracetamol, but be careful with mixing paracetamol and booze. Make sure you leave a gap between stopping drinking taking some and then restarting drinking 

Definitely don’t overdo painkillers and alcohol. I just have the single tablet in mine and I don’t take any other painkillers either. Codeine and alcohol really don’t mix well. 🤢

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

What flavour do the lost fluid sachets come in? Dioralyte works for my cure as it’s blackcurrant flavoured. 

Most supermarkets / bargain stores / boots all have their own brand ones, there will definitely be blackcurrant at most of them