Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

Who from the current lineup do we reckon might play multiple sets across the weekend? I could easily see Easy Life doing a bonus BBC Introducing set. Arlo Parks and Holly Humsterstone also have come from playing there at the last fest I believe. Maybe Declan McKenna?

Amyl and the Sniffers are on the "Hella Mega Tour" in the UK on the Fri/Sat with Green Day, Weezer and Fall Out Boy, and they are already announced for Glastonbury as well.

Are another one of those bands able to make their way down to Worthy Farm as well? Maybe a bit of a stretch, but given that one band from that tour is able to make a Glastonbury stop off, it's not out of the realms of possibility.

Edited by Sku

16 minutes ago, Sku said:

Amyl and the Sniffers are on the "Hella Mega Tour" in the UK on the Fri/Sat with Green Day, Weezer and Fall Out Boy, and they are already announced for Glastonbury as well.

Are another one of those bands able to make their way down to Worthy Farm as well? Maybe a bit of a stretch, but given that one band from that tour is able to make a Glastonbury stop off, it's not out of the realms of possibility.

The equipment that AatS need to bring down would pale into comparison for the others though, can't see it working logistically.

7 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

I'm hoping for AM on the basis that they're fans of the festival (attend when not playing), they're on a comeback, might headline next year (a la killers) and are exclusive to Reading/Leeds so couldn't be announced.

This would make me a happy camper

39 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Who from the current lineup do we reckon might play multiple sets across the weekend? I could easily see Easy Life doing a bonus BBC Introducing set. Arlo Parks and Holly Humsterstone also have come from playing there at the last fest I believe. Maybe Declan McKenna?

Holly H

Just now, Homer said:

My huge prediction is Wet Leg for BB Introducing.

Yes I suspect they will do at least 3 or 4 sets over the weekend. 

3 minutes ago, Ingobernable said:

The big question is how many times will Fontaines DC play?

Probably not as many as last time. I think someone like Wet Leg will be this years Fontaines DC. 

2 minutes ago, Bradders said:

A post from @GeezLouise in another thread made me think. Has a secret set ever happened without even being billed as anything. Like no “Special Guest”, no pseudonym, just an artist showing up when nobody else was meant to be on stage and playing.

There was an early finish in The Park on the Sunday in 2013 prompting rumours that there would be a secret set. By all accounts some punters turned up... and nothing happened.

32 minutes ago, Homer said:

There was an early finish in The Park on the Sunday in 2013 prompting rumours that there would be a secret set. By all accounts some punters turned up... and nothing happened.

29 minutes ago, Bradders said:

“Some punters” 👋

I was already there after Lykke Li so did hang around for a bit afterwards before going off to The XX! felt a bit stupid then though!!

31 minutes ago, Bradders said:

A post from @GeezLouise in another thread made me think. Has a secret set ever happened without even being billed as anything. Like no “Special Guest”, no pseudonym, just an artist showing up when nobody else was meant to be on stage and playing.

I can't think of an example on a major stage. Something similar but maybe not exactly what you mean has been known to happen on tiny stages - It's pretty common at Strummerville for example.

The one I'm gutted I missed was the Small World Stage in 2004 - which used to often go later than the published times anyway, I found out after the event that Damien Rice turned up about 2am after playing the Other Stage earlier in the day, and then played through through to dawn alongside some of the then stage regulars.

36 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I was already there after Lykke Li so did hang around for a bit afterwards before going off to The XX! felt a bit stupid then though!!

Same. I stayed for a while after someone came on stage to announce that nobody else was playing and we should all leave. Can’t remember if I did end up seeing an actual headliner or not.

5 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Same. I stayed for a while after someone came on stage to announce that nobody else was playing and we should all leave. Can’t remember if I did end up seeing an actual headliner or not.

To be fair sitting on that hill watching the site is never time badly spent. Need to make time to do that this year- hoping one of the Park headliners or subs is up my street 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Yes I suspect they will do at least 3 or 4 sets over the weekend. 

Probably not as many as last time. I think someone like Wet Leg will be this years Fontaines DC. 

Yard Act are not yet on the list but I guess they will play and more than one set