Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

20 hours ago, BluePaul said:

Jack White is a good shout actually - he's in the country and has previous (guested with The Last Shadow Puppets when they did a secret set back in the day).

Arcade Fire is unlikely but would please me immensely.

Also did a secret set at the park with his band "the dead weather" so he has previous. 

1 minute ago, zico martin said:

I always miss the secret sets and late night unannounced appearances at the crows nest (for example). How do you find out about them other than by being glued to your phone, in particular this forum, all weekend?

Secret glasto twitter notifications

7 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Cheers mate is that the old ITTT thing?

I think the text message thing was useful when everyone took everyone took burner phones. But now with everyone using their smart phones all weekend just set up notifications for that account and a few others and you’ll be fine. But if you just use a burner phone for the festival set up the ITTT thing.

2 minutes ago, Mwk525 said:

Does anyone know why kasabian are rumoured to be doing a secret set on clashfinder? It seems pretty random!

On tour and in a weird position placement wise now due to Tom getting kicked out. Good publicity for their new lineup too

29 minutes ago, gfa said:

On tour and in a weird position placement wise now due to Tom getting kicked out. Good publicity for their new lineup too

Definitely! I’ve heard they are great live without Tom so hopefully it’ll happen!

14 minutes ago, Mwk525 said:

Definitely! I’ve heard they are great live without Tom so hopefully it’ll happen!

They were awesome with Tom and just as awesome without in my opinion! Serge may not have as much of an anthemic voice but he brings so much more energy as a front man it makes up for it. Would happily take a set from them anyday!

26 minutes ago, George1399 said:

They were awesome with Tom and just as awesome without in my opinion! Serge may not have as much of an anthemic voice but he brings so much more energy as a front man it makes up for it. Would happily take a set from them anyday!

Tom having an anthemic voice? He's just a man in a pub shouting. 

13 minutes ago, Clarence Clemons said:

any further traction for the war on drugs, seeing as they are in Bristol on the Monday?

can someone just say it, so I can get excited about it.

thanks!

Someone on here this morning got word that Jack White is playing so that takes one of the slots the war on drugs could have played

Doesn't mean they are not playing of course 

On 4/9/2022 at 10:33 AM, zico martin said:

I always miss the secret sets and late night unannounced appearances at the crows nest (for example). How do you find out about them other than by being glued to your phone, in particular this forum, all weekend?

I have always found out ones because someone has told me - normally someone I have never ever met before sat on a bench somewhere! I managed to actually see Pulp and be right at the front long before the field was closed. A dire self indulgent Radiohead set in the pouring rain. Also a brilliant Lily Allen set. And then I've forgotten the endless amounts of people I waited for that was just a nonsense. All part of the fun!

6 hours ago, Clarence Clemons said:

any further traction for the war on drugs, seeing as they are in Bristol on the Monday?

can someone just say it, so I can get excited about it.

thanks!

Well I didn't get a ticket to their Birmingham or Leeds show on the basis that they're gonna play Glasto. Their last UK date in their current tour is on Monday, so after that maybe they'll confirm for the festival. Like you said, if they're in Bristol on the Monday then there's a very high chance they're at Glastonbury. I hope so anyway. Apart from The Foals and Wolf Alice, they're aren't any other rock/guitar bands I really wanna see from the initial poster. 

Also if the above posters are right about Arcade Fire, that would be absolutely amazing too. 

Edited by downtherabbithole

On 4/9/2022 at 10:33 AM, zico martin said:

They also update their late night appearances throughout the day on the A-board outside the tent so always worth having a quick jog up the hill when you're in the area.

• Thanks 1