Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

I also think (and just my view) that 2023’s headliners may be locked in, and they could potentially have started conversations for 2024 already.

I can totally see Harry doing a surprise this year if he isn’t part of either of those conversations. If the earliest he can do it is 2025 then I can see his team pushing for a big surprise set, which will likely get just about as much coverage as a headliner post festival.

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I also think (and just my view) that 2023’s headliners may be locked in, and they could potentially have started conversations for 2024 already.

I can totally see Harry doing a surprise this year if he isn’t part of either of those conversations. If the earliest he can do it is 2025 then I can see his team pushing for a big surprise set, which will likely get just about as much coverage as a headliner post festival.

Love that you're still keeping the Harry Secret Set dream alive.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

There's also the person who heard Arctic Monkeys are doing one at The Park, which seems unlikely given how chaotic that would be, but they had good info about Foals doing one in 2019.

How early did they know about Foals - this sounds very very promising?

In theory which area can hold the most people? JP or Park?

Because AM at the Park just sounds crazy dangerous to me. They are a proper headline band, if word got out or there wasn’t a strong alternative I could see it getting dangerous.

Just now, Matt42 said:

In theory which area can hold the most people? JP or Park?

Because AM at the Park just sounds crazy dangerous to me. They are a proper headline band, if word got out or there wasn’t a strong alternative I could see it getting dangerous.

Depends what you're measuring.

In terms of being able to get a good sight/earshot of the stage - probably JP, but it's closer than you're thinking.

In terms of being able to safely fit in to the area that'd be closed off - Park, even before you count the people who could fit on the hill overlooking.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Park can be closed off though. I think there's generally enough on elsewhere that people will try to see Foals or AM but get there, realise it's too busy/ closed off and revert back to their original plan 

Edited by kemosabe

Just now, Leyrulion said:

Have they definitely confirmed they're not having the previously scheduled fallow year? I'd assume not but would be good to confirm.

Pretty sure Emily has said that they’re counting those two off years as the fallow years. 

29 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

Any new theories on Miserably Dressed? I'm getting obsessed.  My friend informs me that Disassemble Dryer is an anagram which, let's face it, is absolutely zero help but I like the enthusiasm. 

Ghost are getting my vote. We had a bit of info they could be playing and the way they dress all adds up to me. 
But I’m a massive ghost fan so it could just be me manifesting them to play.

6 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

I have never heard of them but i like their vibe

Yeah they’re a weird one because they’re absolutely massive in rock/metal circles but not so much outside of that. They’re an exclusive at another festival the same weekend as Glastonbury which could well explain why they need to be a secret, and given there isn’t really a ‘big’ rock/metal act on the Truth Stage this year like Gojira in 2019, maybe Ghost are gonna take on that role (or it might just turn out they couldn’t secure one this year - no idea if Gojira was a special one off or something they’re trying to do every year - but that theory isn’t quite as exciting).

Ghost have my vote so far, although prepared to be disappointed and it’s just some DJ.