Wet Leg

MaxPower

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Now when it comes to odd twists this one is definately up there 🙂 

Haha I dunno better to not engage I suppose 

Pretty sure kalifire and I are in the same time zone so I guess it is sus we’re online at the same time given it’s almost bed time.

Edited by MaxPower

3 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Haha I dunno better to not engage I suppose 

Pretty sure kalifire and I are in the same time zone so I guess it is sus we’re online at the same time given it’s almost bed time.

Yes, it’ll soon be time for us to tuck ourselves in for the night 😂

There is a lot to be said for the band taking the initiative with chattering w*nkers if the opportunity permits.

Several years ago, I was at The Academy in Manchester to see Richard Hawley.  I think it is fair to say that Richard is a bit of a crooner / legend and doesn't suffer fools.  His tunes need the crowd to listen. End of.

About three songs in, he stopped a few bars in to the tune and said to one particularly loud w*nker (near the front an all for some unfathomable reason) "hey mate.... yep you... you have been chatting since we started (takes a twenty quid note out of his pocket and offers it to the w*nker)... do me, the band and the rest of the crowd a favour and take this money that you spent on the ticket and fuck off to the pub where you can chat as much and as loudly as you like"

Crowd roared, point made and the chattering ceased.  It was so mint

52 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

Wouldn't normally say anything, but I was being ganged up on by one person. Had to be done.

No, I asked you a straight-forward question, and you responded like a dick. Then doubled down when somebody pointed that out. Nobody “ganged up” on anyone. 

If my question triggered you in some way, I apologise. I was just curious. Enjoy the festival, with your clipboard, raised eyebrows and silent judgements on the people around you. 

43 minutes ago, kalifire said:

No, I asked you a straight-forward question, and you responded like a dick. Then doubled down when somebody pointed that out. Nobody “ganged up” on anyone. 

If my question triggered you in some way, I apologise. I was just curious. Enjoy the festival, with your clipboard, raised eyebrows and silent judgements on the people around you. 

I can't remember which account asked what question. But if it's any comfort, I'll only cast judgment on the real people at the festival. What time zone are you in, by the way? Because if you're both going to bed, it must be quite an niche timezone as far as Glasto is concerned. Even more niche for being at Glasto and happening to be on these forums...but here we are...👍

Edited by Wanderlei

1 hour ago, Jay Pee said:

There is a lot to be said for the band taking the initiative with chattering w*nkers if the opportunity permits.

Several years ago, I was at The Academy in Manchester to see Richard Hawley.  I think it is fair to say that Richard is a bit of a crooner / legend and doesn't suffer fools.  His tunes need the crowd to listen. End of.

About three songs in, he stopped a few bars in to the tune and said to one particularly loud w*nker (near the front an all for some unfathomable reason) "hey mate.... yep you... you have been chatting since we started (takes a twenty quid note out of his pocket and offers it to the w*nker)... do me, the band and the rest of the crowd a favour and take this money that you spent on the ticket and fuck off to the pub where you can chat as much and as loudly as you like"

Crowd roared, point made and the chattering ceased.  It was so mint

Excellent, haha. Love Hawley.

I was at the Wedgewood Rooms in 2008 or 2009 for a Laura Marling gig when everyone was talking over the support act. The guy stopped a song and laid into the chatters, telling them how disrespectful it was and they shut up.

John Murry also had a pop at some bloke in Brighton Komedia when I was there a good while ago and got him kicked out. I wish more people would do it.

1 hour ago, Wanderlei said:

I can't remember which account asked what question. But if it's any comfort, I'll only cast judgment on the real people at the festival. What time zone are you in, by the way? Because if you're both going to bed, it must be quite an niche timezone as far as Glasto is concerned. Even more niche for being at Glasto and happening to be on these forums...but here we are...👍

Well one is in Aus I think but I ain't sure about the other one. Are you Actually trying to berate them for being on forum that you are also on?

Think you need to go to bed yourself and get out of it the other side in the morning.

Which I mean in the nicest possible way