Wet Leg

MaxPower

27 minutes ago, misc said:

Will they ever add screens/more speakers to the Park? Got there relatively late for Idles in 2019 (after the previous band finished) and it was about as immersive as sitting in the garden while a neighbour has their radio on. I know 99% of sets there aren't that busy, and if I'd been desperate for a good spot I'd have turned up earlier, but still

Also not helped by the stage being at the top of a hill, not the bottom. I find the view a bit crap when it's busy and I'm 6ft.

31 minutes ago, Homer said:

Also not helped by the stage being at the top of a hill, not the bottom. I find the view a bit crap when it's busy and I'm 6ft.

Yes it's definitely at the bottom of a natural bowl.  Top tip for The Park is to approach from the LHS as you look at the stage (Ribbon Tower side) and go down the slope by the little bar there.  Always got a decent view from there no matter how big the crowd.

Saw them tonight in Portsmouth. They were alright, better than last time a few months ago. Still don't quite understand all the hype.

Sadly loads of people decided to talk all over Honeyglaze which was a shame as I really like them.

20 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

Interesting to see what slot they get at Glasto. I probably won't see them because this sort of hype brings an irritatingly large crowd with people in it whom I'd wish not to stand near.

What do you mean, genuinely? Who would put you off going to see a band you like?

9 hours ago, benali said:

Saw them tonight in Portsmouth. They were alright, better than last time a few months ago. Still don't quite understand all the hype.

Sadly loads of people decided to talk all over Honeyglaze which was a shame as I really like them.

I was there last night, fourth time I have seen them. Was probably the least I have enjoyed them so far. The crowd was really flat and felt as if a large amount of people there hadn't even listened to the album. Was barely any movement other than a bit of head nodding, which picked up a bit during the well known singles. The crowd was much more up for it at the Joiners a couple of months back, which is strange given at that point the album wasn't out.

Was looking forward to seeing Honeyglaze, but the loud chatter ruined it, which was a shame.

2 hours ago, hez said:

I was there last night, fourth time I have seen them. Was probably the least I have enjoyed them so far. The crowd was really flat and felt as if a large amount of people there hadn't even listened to the album. Was barely any movement other than a bit of head nodding, which picked up a bit during the well known singles. The crowd was much more up for it at the Joiners a couple of months back, which is strange given at that point the album wasn't out.

Was looking forward to seeing Honeyglaze, but the loud chatter ruined it, which was a shame.

I saw them at the Joiners too. That gig definitely had a better crowd (and a fight) but I think the oppressive heat in there meant I enjoyed last night more.

Joiners crowd was also younger which makes for a better atmosphere. Last night was full of middle aged 6music listeners who go to 3 gigs a year and are happy to chat shit all over the support band. 

It's unlikely I'd bother seeing Wet Leg again to be honest. By the time they come back here it will be Guildhall size venues which means more expensive tickets and worse sound.

1 minute ago, benali said:

I saw them at the Joiners too. That gig definitely had a better crowd (and a fight) but I think the oppressive heat in there meant I enjoyed last night more.

Joiners crowd was also younger which makes for a better atmosphere. Last night was full of middle aged 6music listeners who go to 3 gigs a year and are happy to chat shit all over the support band. 

It's unlikely I'd bother seeing Wet Leg again to be honest. By the time they come back here it will be Guildhall size venues which means more expensive tickets and worse sound.

As a middle aged 6Music listener I take offence at that!! I go to at least 4 gigs a year! 😄

But yeah, chattering gets right on my nerves. Support acts and quieter songs!  Asked people to bugger off a few times, especially at smaller gigs when it's more noticeable.

1 minute ago, benali said:

That fight was mad. Culminating in a flying headbutt! Not something I thought I'd experience at a gig like that.

I think the tickets for the Joiners gig went on sale later than the Wedge tickets and therefore the younger crowd had cottoned onto them by then. My friends wife had asked him if it was going to be full of teenage girls last night and was shocked when he sent her a picture of the queue, where in our mid 30's we were probably the youngest people we could see.

I agree that I won't be seeking them out in larger venues when they come back around, but would happily see them at a festival if there was nothing else clashing with them.

Saddens me to read about Honeyglaze's set being spoiled for people by w*nkers talking. Saw them play with The Lounge Society at The Snug in Atherton for Independent Venue Week and they blew me away. You could hear a pin drop. Looking forward to seeing them again. 

Honeyglaze were great in Leeds and not too much issue with talkers even with me being probably two thirds of the way back! 

The bassists comments really made that set for me! 

36 minutes ago, Quark said:

But yeah, chattering gets right on my nerves.

When I went to see Caribou in Manchester last year there was a couple of girls stood to my left, probably a third to halfway back in the crowd. During CARIBOU - the act we'd all paid to see! - one of them was showing a YouTube video to the other. Oblivious to what was happening in front of them. Utterly bizarre. 

4 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Time can’t be that precious if you’re pissing about on efests.

I'm guessing kalifire is your account? Otherwise you would've had to search through this thread to find the original post to know anything about what was happening. Either way, I'm not taking the 'efests piss-abouterer championship' any time soon.