Glastonbury Festival Good Pub Guide

croiz

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

It was 'cruise ship' themed one year... I think - cocktails and dreams from memory. Cheesy music, cocktails, deckchairs and palm trees 🙂

Cocktails and dreams was another tent entirely but in the same place ..think it was sponsored by Smirnoff ? Edit it was PlayStation https://www.theprojectclub.co.uk/cocktails-and-dreams

Edited by crazyfool1

49 minutes ago, paulshane said:

The Green Room Bar? Managed to blag into there a few times, it's lovely!

Don't think it was anything to blag into, pretty sure it was a big Carlsberg tent with green flowers or something plastered along the sides

51 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Cocktails and dreams was another tent entirely but in the same place ..think it was sponsored by Smirnoff ? Edit it was PlayStation https://www.theprojectclub.co.uk/cocktails-and-dreams

Yeah I just rememeber it being in the same place.... wow don;t remember it being sponsored by Playstation. But I do remember having a good time Thursday afternoon post cheerleading at the efests world cup match on the pyramid field and drinking too many cocktails in a deck chair afterwards.... wearing a wateraid t shirt and fairy wings of course 🙂 

9 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Yeah I just rememeber it being in the same place.... wow don;t remember it being sponsored by Playstation. But I do remember having a good time Thursday afternoon post cheerleading at the efests world cup match on the pyramid field and drinking too many cocktails in a deck chair afterwards.... wearing a wateraid t shirt and fairy wings of course 🙂 

I remember ending up with an inflatable Smirnoff bottle … no idea where that came from though… 

2 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Theatre and circus bar after main stage headlners , in the last field before Gate C - always had an awesome fun night in there , I think it closes at 2 from memory 

doreen doreen on the Summer House Stage are great fun, my friends kept trying to get me to watch them saying how good they were, I fianally joined them on the Sunday night and they were brillaint 👍

4 hours ago, dogeggs said:

I liked Goose Hall when we did Worthy Pastures last year.

Presumed it might’ve be crew-only during the festival - but looking at the 2019 map it just looks like we just never stumbled into it before.

489BE20F-A1A1-4CD3-802B-80469B332080.jpeg

I'm fairly sure Goose Hall is the crew's catering place.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Was Wally’s the one that had the cut through to jump the SE corner queue? Or is that Maceos?

Wallys I think - you could cut in from near the stone circle then exit out the 'front' of the bar.

Maceos only has one entrance as far as I remember, as the 'back' is the railway line

4 minutes ago, northernringo said:

What are the queues like in the bars in terms of getting a drink? 

the bigger ones, worker beer tent ones etc, quite quick, they have people pre pouring pints, so you just tap your card and go.

The smaller bars, depends on the crowd and how many bar staff, same as any busy pub really 🙂

12 minutes ago, northernringo said:

What are the queues like in the bars in terms of getting a drink? 

I don't think I've ever waited more than a couple of minutes normally. Longest I've waited has been at Brothers Bar. 

Saying that I've never tried a bar in SE Corner at night, I imagine that would be a longer queue.