Sneaking in story

waynewdk

On 8/17/2022 at 3:45 PM, gooner1990 said:

Why are people filming themselves breaking in and then putting it online?, surely this renders the method useless in future if the organisers see the video?

I reckon Zac Alsop had a ticket as a backup anyway honestly if all his mates had one. its not like he's a stranger to festivals

Lots of footage of the outside of the fence, dramatic music, and then brief footage from inside the festival which could have been anywhere. You didn't actually see anything (e.g. the moment he actually got in). Not saying it's fake, but there's not enough in the video to prove it's real. The point of any of his videos is to maximise views and monetisation, not to be truthful.

21 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Lots of footage of the outside of the fence, dramatic music, and then brief footage from inside the festival which could have been anywhere. You didn't actually see anything (e.g. the moment he actually got in). Not saying it's fake, but there's not enough in the video to prove it's real. The point of any of his videos is to maximise views and monetisation, not to be truthful.

Yeah that was basically my thinking. Now if it was legit it would make sense for the filming to stop/be unclear at the moment he got in as he'd be focusing on getting in rather than filming but still doesn't feel quite right.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Yeah could have been anywhere 🤨

image.thumb.png.d9094b1428a806a3d9b8f0a01516b4c7.png

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Yeah could have been anywhere 🤨

image.thumb.png.d9094b1428a806a3d9b8f0a01516b4c7.png

Sorry, I meant the area of the site he filmed himself in after 'sneaking in' could have been anywhere on site. There wasn't any footage once inside supporting how he got there. The fact he was actually there, however he did it, isn't in question.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Sorry, I meant the area of the site he filmed himself in after 'sneaking in' could have been anywhere on site. There wasn't any footage once inside supporting how he got there. The fact he was actually there, however he did it, isn't in question.

I'm certain he gets in under the bridge adjacent to VG4 (you see a sign with 'Vehicle' on it in the vid....) where it crosses Whitelake River on west side of the site. That brings him out in some empty fields which would be River Mead/Bushy Ground camping. 

What I'm not certain about is the exact time of his entry, and why those camping fields are empty? Is it Tuesday night and the gates haven't yet opened, or Wednesday night? If the former then it's a surprise the campsite crew (?) or security he passes near the end don't challenge him, and if the latter then why are those camping fields still empty?

Other than these points I'm happy it's legit.

41 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I'm certain he gets in under the bridge adjacent to VG4 (you see a sign with 'Vehicle' on it in the vid....) where it crosses Whitelake River on west side of the site. That brings him out in some empty fields which would be River Mead/Bushy Ground camping. 

What I'm not certain about is the exact time of his entry, and why those camping fields are empty? Is it Tuesday night and the gates haven't yet opened, or Wednesday night? If the former then it's a surprise the campsite crew (?) or security he passes near the end don't challenge him, and if the latter then why are those camping fields still empty?

Other than these points I'm happy it's legit.

I'm sure he said Tuesday night because he mentioned that traffic was really busy because of the rail strikes already. 

39 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'm sure he said Tuesday night because he mentioned that traffic was really busy because of the rail strikes already. 

Ah right....in that case that would explain why the camping fields are empty.  Ref why no one challenges him I'd guess he just gets lucky what with so many people being on site already. 

That said I'm also of the opinion that he has a ticket as a backup if he gets caught/challenged and that the sneaking in is just a challenge ti himself rather than any true effort to avoid paying. 

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Ah right....in that case that would explain why the camping fields are empty.  Ref why no one challenges him I'd guess he just gets lucky what with so many people being on site already. 

That said I'm also of the opinion that he has a ticket as a backup if he gets caught/challenged and that the sneaking in is just a challenge ti himself rather than any true effort to avoid paying. 

This.

He’s been making content like this for years and seems like a pretty genuine guy, I don’t think it’s fake at all and reckon he genuinely didn’t have a ticket so it was break in or nothing. I’m pretty sure he’s uploaded videos before where the ‘challenge’ he set himself didn’t work out and he was very genuine about it.

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

This seems very likely to me. I've been watching his content for years and he's that sort of character.

I might be making this up, but I'm pretty sure he once mentioned in a video that he loves Glastonbury and it's the one festival he wouldn't want to do dirty. I think the only reason he'd sneak in is if he was unsuccessful on T-day. Which feels unlikely given all his pals (some of whom have appeared on previous videos) are there!

Why is it so hard for some of you to admit that people break in? It's like you genuinely think the festival is 'impenetrable,' rubbishing any claims, or even evidence, of people breaking in. 🙈😂

Guess what, it's not, and people have been doing it for decades. This isn't the only video I've seen of people using that route either. There was multiple video shorts / tiktoks of youngsters going in that way in the week after the fest. 

He possibly did have a ticket, but a proof of concept is still that, and lots of people who used this route didn't have a ticket.

Quite a few folk are going to be annoyed at all these people making these routes public though, bit of a 'grass' move imo. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

Why is it so hard for some of you to admit that people break in? It's like you genuinely think the festival is 'impenetrable,' rubbishing any claims, or even evidence, of people breaking in. 🙈😂

A large number of people get in pre festival.

I've walked in in the days leading up to the event and not been challenged, mostly because there were no stewards/security on the gate I used.