Sneaking in story

waynewdk

On 8/19/2022 at 2:47 PM, crazyfool1 said:

As spoken about earlier for someone I can absolutely vouch for … they have got in on pass out schemes , behind false walls in vehicles and over the superfence at least twice 

I can also vouch for this. Not over the fence, but I know people who have personally done the other two.

Naturally the stars need to align, especially with the pass out - but it's very achievable. There is no doubting a lot of people still get in every year without tickets, using a variety of methods.

21 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

How is that marketing ?! Here’s how to get in free … so we can sell some tickets strikes me as a bit of a weird concept ? 

It's a modern form of marketing- you work with influencers on YouTube and such to produce videos of them doing what they do but with your product involved. "This is the hardest festival in the world to get in to" and such helps hype the event.

I think it's wrong to assume Glasto wouldn't do that sort of thing as plenty of others do.

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

It's a modern form of marketing- you work with influencers on YouTube and such to produce videos of them doing what they do but with your product involved. "This is the hardest festival in the world to get in to" and such helps hype the event.

I think it's wrong to assume Glasto wouldn't do that sort of thing as plenty of others do.

Other's 'need' to, Glastonbury doesn't... It's already oversubscribed with 20 people going for each ticket. 

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

im sure the licensing people at the council would love that !!! in a festival which not so long ago had to build  this fence like structure to keep people out ...... this isnt happening at Glastonbury !!

Its pretty easy to get into the festival without a ticket, dont listen to those Oxfam stewards who like going around telling everyone its impossible, of course it is mate here- have crayon 😆.  i have done it several times, and have literally dozens of my mates. At its peak around 2017 there was about 40 of us staying on Pennards Hill, and apart from a handful that were working, we had all broken in without much bother. I did feel sorry for the guys a short distance away who got rounded up and chucked out as one of them passed out beside the tent by a walkway with no wristband on, as that could have been us. 

Im not going to go into techniques as i have noticed there are quite a few sad cases on here that would probably take note and actually snitch to security etc next year. As long as you have the bollocks to get yourself to site without a ticket knowing anything could happen, and you have confidence, you'll be fine. It is also massively important to already know someone on site already, preferably somoene who works there who can sort something out for you while you are en-route. Im not going to lie, sometimes you do have to wait in the fucking carpark for hours on end until your link is available, but once you get the call you get your arse to wherever the person has told you to be, time to do the deed! 

I prefer to go through the traditional channels, i.e trick or cheat my was past the gates, rather than climbing fences as for the latter you need to obviously pack as light as possible so slugging 40 or 50 cans of booze is out of the question, and you will end up spending the same amount of money the ticket cost on shitty £6 pints of Carlsberg, which is not a great thought. 

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Its pretty easy to get into the festival without a ticket, dont listen to those Oxfam stewards who like going around telling everyone its impossible, of course it is mate here- have crayon 😆.  i have done it several times, and have literally dozens of my mates. At its peak around 2017 there was about 40 of us staying on Pennards Hill, and apart from a handful that were working, we had all broken in without much bother. I did feel sorry for the guys a short distance away who got rounded up and chucked out as one of them passed out beside the tent by a walkway with no wristband on, as that could have been us. 

Im not going to go into techniques as i have noticed there are quite a few sad cases on here that would probably take note and actually snitch to security etc next year. As long as you have the bollocks to get yourself to site without a ticket knowing anything could happen, and you have confidence, you'll be fine. It is also massively important to already know someone on site already, preferably somoene who works there who can sort something out for you while you are en-route. Im not going to lie, sometimes you do have to wait in the fucking carpark for hours on end until your link is available, but once you get the call you get your arse to wherever the person has told you to be, time to do the deed! 

Anyone who waits around in the car parks for hours on end until their link is available is an absolute philistine/mug. Look at me, I love Glastonbury so much im going to waste hours of my time fucking around in a car park to then go and camp in a field for 5 days anyway. The BBC might even interview me in my wellies! Get a grip.

4 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Anyone who waits around in the car parks for hours on end until their link is available is an absolute philistine/mug. Look at me, I love Glastonbury so much im going to waste hours of my time fucking around in a car park to then go and camp in a field for 5 days anyway. The BBC might even interview me in my wellies! Get a grip.

Better than buying a ticket, matey 🤫

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I sneaked in once and didn't know I'd done it 😆

Hitched a lift from Glastonbury town in an old horsebox that was returning to the site.  I sat in the back quite happily, when the guy opened the door to let me out I was inside the festival. 

I had a ticket in my pocket, so I walked back to the gate, got my hand stamped, and went outside and sold the ticket. 

No turnstiles, no queues and no wristbands in those days, just an ink stamp on the back of your hand. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Kizzie said:

I sneaked in once and didn't know I'd done it 😆

Hitched a lift from Glastonbury town in an old horsebox that was returning to the site.  I sat in the back quite happily, when the guy opened the door to let me out I was inside the festival. 

I had a ticket in my pocket, so I walked back to the gate, got my hand stamped, and went outside and sold the ticket. 

No turnstiles, no queues and no wristbands in those days, just an ink stamp on the back of your hand. 

I was driven in one year by a chap with all the correct accreditation, he was doing runs all weekend and must have made 10's of thousands of pounds. Fair play to him, if i was in the same position i would be doing exactly the same thing, because although it is not a crime, it is certainly the epitome of a victimless 'crime'. 

• Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

I was driven in one year by a chap with all the correct accreditation, he was doing runs all weekend and must have made 10's of thousands of pounds. Fair play to him, if i was in the same position i would be doing exactly the same thing, because although it is not a crime, it is certainly the epitome of a victimless 'crime'. 

I don't think the guy I had a lift from was on the make. I sat in the back of his van with his kids eating cheese sandwiches. It was just a lucky lift from a nice guy, going back on site after driving into town for whatever reason. 

He didn't ask me for any money and I didn't offer any. I was young,  It was my first Glastonbury, I just thought it was all part of the magic. 🙂

Its a great feeling when you get past the Oxfam melts and security, knowing you have made it through with no ticket and a bag full of drugs, booze and laughing gas to sell in the mornings by the stone circle. This normally means you leave the festival on Monday with a nice tidy profit, even when accounting for the tent you spent a few quid on an inevitably leave at the festival site. You can even afford to leave behind your sleeping bag and hiking boots so you have a lighter journey home, as you know you have made money over the weekend rather than spunk loads of it. 

10 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Its a great feeling when you get past the Oxfam melts and security, knowing you have made it through with no ticket and a bag full of drugs, booze and laughing gas to sell in the mornings by the stone circle. This normally means you leave the festival on Monday with a nice tidy profit, even when accounting for the tent you spent a few quid on an inevitably leave at the festival site. You can even afford to leave behind your sleeping bag and hiking boots so you have a lighter journey home, as you know you have made money over the weekend rather than spunk loads of it. 

Nice.

I used to shoplift, what a buzz.

13 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

You're my hero

7 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Do you believe Glastonbury doesn't do any marketing at all then?

They do, through their own channels and the general media. 

Why pay for advertising when every single rag top and every music station in the country hangs on every word you post to your socials and prints / broadcasts it for you for free? 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 hours ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Better than buying a ticket, matey 🤫

Why? We arrived Wednesday afternoon and strolled right in, definitely better than hanging around for hours. Life's too short. Are you that hard up for cash? Having to work dealing while you're there too just to make ends meet.

Nah, sod that, a ticket is a few hours work on the outside and you're done, none of that malarkey, waste of time.

10 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Eh? What on earth does waiting around in a cark park have to do with camping in a field? I don't understand this post at all.

On 8/21/2022 at 5:58 PM, CauliflowerEar said:

Smashed it mate when I grow up I want to be as cool as you are

On 8/19/2022 at 5:40 PM, Alvoram said:

I wonder if it could be a deep hatred for what they've done by making filming it and it so public? If it is I completely get that, it's a pretty idiotic thing to do. 

On 8/19/2022 at 5:22 PM, philipsteak said:

There's just something about the videos posted in here that don't ring true for me. Could just be my general mistrust of self aggrandising shit posted on Youtube. 

I think it’s the format isn’t it - if this lad had come and written up a first person account we’d all be loving it (while also trying to find the holes). The fact it’s videoed definitely causes people to instinctively dislike the story and want to dismiss it somehow. Old age? Cultural shift? 

On 8/20/2022 at 2:36 PM, DeanoL said:

The one possibility is he contacted the festival beforehand and they agreed to it as a marketing thing.

Not a chance - zero benefit to the festival. 

On 8/20/2022 at 7:48 PM, charlie.light said:

I doubt they would but the law describes by any dishonest act, jumping over the fence is a dishonest way of entering the festival and therefore is a criminal offence. The fact they are jumping over the fence knowing that they are avoiding paying for the services is the dishonest element. So even though I doubt they would prosecute you for it, the law would allow for prosecution. 

Technicality, but he went under it… 👀 

On 8/21/2022 at 5:58 PM, CauliflowerEar said:

When will you learn you don’t need to try so hard? 
You’re like the girl in that Blink 182 song who tries too hard to impress with those things on her chest. 

Edited by blutarsky

To add, I’ve been on holiday for the past month but just been catching up. This Zac Alsopp video is the first one of these I’ve watched where I’ve found myself rooting for the vlogger. I sort of liked the American guy, but he was just too American to be properly likeable. 

On 8/20/2022 at 2:36 PM, DeanoL said:

I don't believe it because it doesn't make sense. Why post identifiable video of yourself literally committing a crime? Yeah you probably won't be arrested, but you'll probably get a lifetime ban from a festival you apparently love.

The one possibility is he contacted the festival beforehand and they agreed to it as a marketing thing.

On 8/18/2022 at 5:30 PM, Neil said:

that's the givaway that its bull.

I know him and it isn't bull. 

On 8/22/2022 at 12:30 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Eh? What on earth does waiting around in a cark park have to do with camping in a field? I don't understand this post at all.

You've possibly, sensibly, blocked CauliflowerEar and so missed his previous post.  Something to do with loitering in the car park until your contact gives word of where you need to be before breaking onto site (for a fun filled weekend of selling shit for no profit apparently)