Sneaking in story

waynewdk

23 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

A large number of people get in pre festival.

I've walked in in the days leading up to the event and not been challenged, mostly because there were no stewards/security on the gate I used.

Careful, they'll want uncut video evidence providing unhindered clear views of every single detail if you make claims like that here... 

7 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Wouldn't bother with climbing shoes they really won't help.

I have two pairs. Thinking of where there's a metal area around I could test that on.

I climb already but lost a lot of my upper body / finger strength because covid etc (and yes lazyness).

Maybe just get a ticket but try to get OUT to test the technique. (would like to see security's face if seen)

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

A large number of people get in pre festival.

I've walked in in the days leading up to the event and not been challenged, mostly because there were no stewards/security on the gate I used.

can you provide me with uncut video evidence with unhindered clear views of every detail please 

2 minutes ago, moogster said:

I have two pairs. Thinking of where there's a metal area around I could test that on.

I climb already but lost a lot of my upper body / finger strength because covid etc (and yes lazyness).

Maybe just get a ticket but try to get OUT to test the technique. (would like to see security's face if seen)

I'm also a rock climber. Can think of some rope systems which may work. Would be expensive for someone having to buy everything.

12 minutes ago, alanr said:

Shouldn't take too long😀

I am more a take my time climber. Will ask about a new route at the climbing hall though. "Yes that's a metal fence. So what? you don't like a challenge?" How to get climbing fanatics find you the best way to sneak in at glasto with minimal effort....

4 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Why is it so hard for some of you to admit that people break in? It's like you genuinely think the festival is 'impenetrable,' rubbishing any claims, or even evidence, of people breaking in. 🙈😂

Guess what, it's not, and people have been doing it for decades. This isn't the only video I've seen of people using that route either. There was multiple video shorts / tiktoks of youngsters going in that way in the week after the fest. 

He possibly did have a ticket, but a proof of concept is still that, and lots of people who used this route didn't have a ticket.

Quite a few folk are going to be annoyed at all these people making these routes public though, bit of a 'grass' move imo. 

Of course people break in. I was working in Sticklinch on the Thursday night. Was like the Jerusalem scene in World War Z with people coming over the fence. Security were run ragged. And I was aware of that route before. One of my friends supervises on VG4 (if it is VG4, as said further up, I think it is) and has said about it before. Think her night shift entertainment is usually watching security go after people using it. God knows why they don't do a better job of securing it. 

There's just something about the videos posted in here that don't ring true for me. Could just be my general mistrust of self aggrandising shit posted on Youtube. 

7 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Of course people break in. I was working in Sticklinch on the Thursday night. Was like the Jerusalem scene in World War Z with people coming over the fence. Security were run ragged. And I was aware of that route before.

Really needs sorting out, there were far too many on site this year.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

There's just something about the videos posted in here that don't ring true for me. Could just be my general mistrust of self aggrandising shit posted on Youtube. 

I wonder if it could be a deep hatred for what they've done by making filming it and it so public? If it is I completely get that, it's a pretty idiotic thing to do. 

Whatever the individual circumstances of the person in that video, the route he shows, as a concept, is a viable route used by many, and now he's gone and shown the whole world. Even the red tops have picked up the story. That'll be bad news in multiple ways. First it'll cause trouble for the festival with the police and licensing. Second it'll potentially close up that route for those who rely on it. A handful of die hard glasto fans, who couldn't get a ticket for whatever reason, and were willing to put the work in to get in this way, wasn't really an issue. But the potential now it's gone public will be a problem to organisers. They'll have to close it surely? 

As for Sticklinch, as I've mentioned in the past, I spent a good amount of time talking to the security lads in Sticklinch who were from my area of the country, (Derby/Notts) they pretty much described Thursday night the same way you did. They went on to say people were coming back to find strangers hiding in their tents. 

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

I wonder if it could be a deep hatred for what they've done by making filming it and it so public? If it is I completely get that, it's a pretty idiotic thing to do. 

Whatever the individual circumstances of the person in that video, the route he shows, as a concept, is a viable route used by many, and now he's gone and shown the whole world. Even the red tops have picked up the story. That'll be bad news in multiple ways. First it'll cause trouble for the festival with the police and licensing. Second it'll potentially close up that route for those who rely on it. A handful of die hard glasto fans, who couldn't get a ticket for whatever reason, and were willing to put the work in to get in this way, wasn't really an issue. But the potential now it's gone public will be a problem to organisers. They'll have to close it surely? 

As for Sticklinch, as I've mentioned in the past, I spent a good amount of time talking to the security lads in Sticklinch who were from my area of the country, (Derby/Notts) they pretty much described Thursday night the same way you did. They went on to say people were coming back to find strangers hiding in their tents. 

No, I really don't feel that strongly about it. Just naturally suspicious of anything like this online. 

A fair few were caught in Sticklinch. Security would kick them out through my gate and send them on their way with a cheery "see you in half an hour lads".

Fair play to whoever it was who fashioned a massive grappling hook out of thick steel bars. Even the security guys who found it were impressed

Edited by philipsteak

I don't believe it because it doesn't make sense. Why post identifiable video of yourself literally committing a crime? Yeah you probably won't be arrested, but you'll probably get a lifetime ban from a festival you apparently love.

The one possibility is he contacted the festival beforehand and they agreed to it as a marketing thing.

13 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I don't believe it because it doesn't make sense. Why post identifiable video of yourself literally committing a crime? Yeah you probably won't be arrested, but you'll probably get a lifetime ban from a festival you apparently love.

The one possibility is he contacted the festival beforehand and they agreed to it as a marketing thing.

Trespass isn't a criminal offence. 

Edited by Leyrulion
Clarity
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

How is that marketing ?! Here’s how to get in free … so we can sell some tickets strikes me as a bit of a weird concept ? 

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Trespass isn't a criminal offence. 

No but fraud is and technically as it’s a paid event you are breaking the law 

It is an offence for a defendant to obtain, by any dishonest act, services for which payment is required, with intent to avoid payment for those services under the Fraud Act 2006 (FrA 2006)

1 hour ago, charlie.light said:

It is an offence for a defendant to obtain, by any dishonest act, services for which payment is required, with intent to avoid payment for those services under the Fraud Act 2006 (FrA 2006)

Not to get too in-depth here but just jumping over a fence doesn't count as being dishonest. 

Possibly wearing a high-vis could count as but that wasn't actually involved in the actual act of entering the festival. Regardless of all that the fence jumper isn't getting arrested just for sneaking in. 🤣

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Not to get too in-depth here but just jumping over a fence doesn't count as being dishonest. 

Possibly wearing a high-vis could count as but that wasn't actually involved in the actual act of entering the festival. Regardless of all that the fence jumper isn't getting arrested just for sneaking in. 🤣

I doubt they would but the law describes by any dishonest act, jumping over the fence is a dishonest way of entering the festival and therefore is a criminal offence. The fact they are jumping over the fence knowing that they are avoiding paying for the services is the dishonest element. So even though I doubt they would prosecute you for it, the law would allow for prosecution. 

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, charlie.light said:

7 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Paid admission to private property doesn't count as a service as far as I know. Fairly certain it comes only under trespass.

Which is why Merlin had so many issues with Ali Law, and in the end had to get a high court injunction out against him and his buddies, as there was little else they could do legally. 

If you don't know what I'm talking about, Merlin is the world's second largest theme park operator, behind Disney, the UK's biggest, with parks like Alton Towers and Thorpe Park. Ali Law is / was a youtuber who broke into places and put videos of it up on Youtube. He went on a spree of breaking into Merlin's theme parks, there was nothing they could do other than trespass him off and eventually take out a high court injunction making it illegal for him to go back. But even with the injunction, should he have chosen to ignore it, the charge would only be 'contempt of court.' 

Edit: Should also be noted Ali Law eventually got stung with a CBO and community service for 'aggravated trespass' when he broke into the Big Brother house. Because it was a 'dwelling' and they deemed him to have caused 'distress' to the occupiers. 

Edited by Alvoram

8 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Paid admission to private property doesn't count as a service as far as I know. Fairly certain it comes only under trespass.

Which is why Merlin had so many issues with Ali Law, and in the end had to get a high court injunction out against him and his buddies, as there was little else they could do legally. 

If you don't know what I'm talking about, Merlin is the world's second largest theme park operator, behind Disney, the UK's biggest, with parks like Alton Towers and Thorpe Park. Ali Law is / was a youtuber who broke into places and put videos of it up on Youtube. He went on a spree of breaking into Merlin's theme parks, there was nothing they could do other than trespass him off and eventually take out a high court injunction making it illegal for him to go back. But even with the injunction, should he have chosen to ignore it, the charge would only be 'contempt of court.' 

Edit: Should also be noted Ali Law eventually got stung with a CBO and community service for 'aggravated trespass' when he broke into the Big Brother house. Because it was a 'dwelling' and they deemed him to have caused 'distress' to the occupiers. 

Yes definitely know about ally law, watched all of his all his videos!