2023 legend slot

ProperTea

Urgh I just had the brilliant idea of " how about we go to Abba Voyage before Glasto as we are leaving from London?"  but there are no shows on Tuesday/Wednesdays.

(Totally OK with Rod S. being the legend, at least I am sure that won't be a Sunday afternoon must see that I will regret later on)

8 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

On the same day she's playing Hyde Park? Impressive. 

It’s an afternoon slot. She is more than capable of making Hyde Park in time. I say that... what I mean is more than, for example, Diana Ross......

E6D22FF8-10F7-463E-AB61-E707531F5322.jpeg

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude

18 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

It’s an afternoon slot. She is more than capable of making Hyde Park in time. I say that... what I mean is more than, for example, Diana Ross......

E6D22FF8-10F7-463E-AB61-E707531F5322.jpeg

Pissed up Pink trying to take a short cut through Oxlyers

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

If it’s S Club 7 then I will just  ‘reach for the bars’ 

thats it for most of the naff suggestions in this topic, most people have lost their quality filter.

Not really a big fan of the Legend slot. In a way I hope it’s Duran Duran or Chic or even the Spice Girls as I’d go along to it and it’d be fun. Would go and watch the act before to get a decent spot like I did for Lionel rather than be marooned at the back.

But in another way I hope it’s Rod Stewart or Robbie Williams as I’d rather snort my own shite through my eyeballs than go and watch them. That way I could go and explore the rest of the site in peace with absolutely no FOMO. Win-win either way.

There's a belief the legend slot can pull in the biggest crowd of the weekend sometimes, I think.

Struggle to believe anyone will pull a bigger crowd than Elton John in his final British performance though. Even if he snorts duck feathers through a bugle for two hours, it's still going to be an I-was-there moment.

48 minutes ago, Neil said:

thats it for most of the naff suggestions in this topic, most people have lost their quality filter.

It's a fine balance... imagine how boring it would be if everyone stood there critiquing every act for quality. We'd all come away miserable.

It's great to watch pure class acts, and it's also bloody brilliant to mix it up and belt out a load of nonsense cheese sometimes. Who cares what they actually sound like on stage when the whole crowd is joining in. Singing releases endorphins - fact. 

I don't expect any act to be top of their game after Glasto, it's not their personal show. It's about the fun for me and I like it when acts just completely let go and have fun themselves. Fun Fun and more silly fun! 🙌🏼

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

There's a belief the legend slot can pull in the biggest crowd of the weekend sometimes, I think.

Struggle to believe anyone will pull a bigger crowd than Elton John in his final British performance though. Even if he snorts duck feathers through a bugle for two hours, it's still going to be an I-was-there moment.

Now that just might persuade me to attend, maybe, but just for a few minutes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

It's a fine balance... imagine how boring it would be if everyone stood there critiquing every act for quality. We'd all come away miserable.

It's great to watch pure class acts, and it's also bloody brilliant to mix it up and belt out a load of nonsense cheese sometimes. Who cares what they actually sound like on stage when the whole crowd is joining in. Singing releases endorphins - fact. 

I don't expect any act to be top of their game after Glasto, it's not their personal show. It's about the fun for me and I like it when acts just completely let go and have fun themselves. Fun Fun and more silly fun! 🙌🏼

Absolutely 100% agree …. That’s why I return to hobo jones and cassette boy every year … both have me with tears running down my cheeks even if they do roll out similar jokes to previous 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Absolutely 100% agree …. That’s why I return to hobo jones and cassette boy every year … both have me with tears running down my cheeks even if they do roll out similar jokes to previous 

Yes, always try and see Hobo, they guested on the Avalon with the bar steward sons of Val Doonican and this cd was released. It was just a hilarious sing a long

A9ECF693-F61A-439B-B126-8CE277E0CEAC.thumb.jpeg.f2bcaac627382a0fc825a0998c131002.jpeg

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 2

I had a good old listen to Billy Ocean based on the chat in here a while back, and i just want Billy Ocean now. If not the legend slot, then have him headlining acoustic or avalon, or mid afternoon at the pyramid on friday, or wherever really - Need More Billy! NMB!

#TEAMBILLY 

Edit- i've just been made aware that he has three lungs. All the more reason for him to play

Edited by balti-pie

19 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I had a good old listen to Billy Ocean based on the chat in here a while back, and i just want Billy Ocean now. If not the legend slot, then have him headlining acoustic or avalon, or mid afternoon at the pyramid on friday, or wherever really - Need More Billy! NMB!

#TEAMBILLY 

Edit- i've just been made aware that he has three lungs. All the more reason for him to play

WHAT.