2023 legend slot

ProperTea

On 1/27/2023 at 1:26 PM, kingbadger said:

It's been 13 years since he headlined and I weren't there, so roll out Stevie Wonder for it. 

Stevie Wonder -> Lizzo -> Pulp -> Elton

Oh wow!  That would be fabulous but absolutely don't believe it would happen.

On 1/27/2023 at 1:13 PM, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Tom Jones is there as well, I think he would suit the legend slot but i know he has played the festival before in a non legend slot so that probably rules him out

Would also love this.

On 1/27/2023 at 1:13 PM, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Tom Jones is there as well, I think he would suit the legend slot but i know he has played the festival before in a non legend slot so that probably rules him out

Tom played the mystery 'Special Guest' slot on Sunday afternoon 1992. The forerunner of the Legends slot.

Absolutely fantastic gig, blew me away, and me a callow indie kid at the time. The beginning of Tom being cool again.

He would be a great choice for 2023.

33 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Reports in today's papers that the Spice Girls are re-forming (with Victoria) to perform at the Coronation in May. Makes them more likely to appear at the festival maybe?

If this actually happens, then yeah it puts them as the front runner as far as I’m concerned. Feel like them being announced would massively overshadow both AM and GnR, but also appease a lot of people not convinced by the headliners. 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I thought they’d been in discussions about reforming for a while now ? 

Yeah it pops up constantly but hard to know whether there’s anything to it or just rumours, but if it actually happens then they’ve gotta be a front runner for this, especially with how little we’re hearing from elsewhere. If all five of them are game then this is probably the last opportunity for it to actually happen. 

2 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

Reports in today's papers that the Spice Girls are re-forming (with Victoria) to perform at the Coronation in May. Makes them more likely to appear at the festival maybe?

Would make sense why people heard Roxy Music, perhaps they were told they'd be in the legend slot if Spice Girls fell through, but it hasn't so they'll be playing another announced slot?