2023 legend slot

ProperTea

52 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Only person I can think of who's still alive and would be good is Grace Jones.

She'd be better as a WH headliner though.

I've heard from people close to her she's had offers, but turned them down due to the low fee.

On 6/28/2022 at 10:28 PM, Simpo said:

If Fleetwood Mac are never gonna headline, how about getting Stevie Nicks to do the legend slot?

Quite pleased with posting this in the glastonbury 22 aftermath

On 1/21/2023 at 8:35 PM, Skip997 said:

Saw her in Bristol few years back, brilliant set, great banter and hula hopping skills , would love to see her on the farm. As has Been said unlikely sadly

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Saw her in Bristol few years back, brilliant set, great banter and hula hopping skills , would love to see her on the farm. As has Been said unlikely sadly

Yes, it was good and she did a good set too https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/grace-jones/2019/the-downs-bristol-england-4b9f57ca.html

37 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Would love Stevie Nicks for legend. Shame Grace Jones seems priced out. She was phenomenal at her own show at the south bank meltdown last June (if about an hour late)

Edited by Wherethewildthingsare

She doesnt need the exposure and thats the currency glasto pays in now - bbc airtime. If you prefer money to being on telly then its a recipe for never gonna happen and that’s Grace Jones and glastonbury. A crying shame. See also: Strokes, Fleetwood Mac.

she is a bit niche for the legends slot and in the unlikely event she did play it would obviously be west holts

Edited by Memory Man

On 1/21/2023 at 8:35 PM, Skip997 said:

Would like this. It used to be a ritual of mine to play the Slave To The Rhythm album on the way to the festival. Stopped when the new motor failed to come with a cassette player.

On 1/21/2023 at 9:28 PM, nikkic said:

I've heard from people close to her she's had offers, but turned them down due to the low fee.

Aww that's a pity.

6 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

An artist with maybe 3 songs most people could name?  I don't think so.

And that's a fair point.

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

She doesnt need the exposure and thats the currency glasto pays in now - bbc airtime. If you prefer money to being on telly then its a recipe for never gonna happen and that’s Grace Jones and glastonbury. A crying shame. See also: Strokes, Fleetwood Mac.

she is a bit niche for the legends slot and in the unlikely event she did play it would obviously be west holts

Great point about the currency. But doesn't that ultimately convert to good hard cash? ; Didn't Dolly sell like a gazillion albums and hit number one again the week after her slot?

I will never understand these acts, who are supposed to be passionate about music... Who love music so much  they've made it their whole career... who are already absolutely wedged with cash... BUT won't do what they love at an event that holds so much history and prestige and which sends it's profits to charity. Absolute money grabbers in my opinion, literally wanting to take money from these charities.  And if that's the true reason for some of these bigger acts not playing, I would never in a million years pay separately to watch them in their own concert. Even though I too would love to see Stevie Nicks on the farm. I think it's totally smelly.

• Upvote 4