2023 legend slot

ProperTea

9 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

That wording doesn’t rule him out though surely? Or do you mean it being so specific makes the IOW wording seem like it’s fairly watertight?

But of course it does. Two different festivals/promotors made unusually specific announcements re exclusivity. Unless they are blatantly wrong, he can appear on the farm as a punter or a guest at someone else's set only. He's not doing the legend slot, he's not headlining.

5 minutes ago, clasher said:

But of course it does. Two different festivals/promotors made unusually specific announcements re exclusivity. Unless they are blatantly wrong, he can appear on the farm as a punter or a guest at someone else's set only. He's not doing the legend slot, he's not headlining.

It’s happened loads of times before with supposed exclusives and Glastonbury though.

7 minutes ago, clasher said:

Well that would fall into the "blatantly wrong" category.

Does that happen often though, for acts as big as Robbie? Secret sets or full on big font stuff?

Off the top of my head, only this year there was a female act named as an exclusive for somewhere like Latitude only to appear on the Glastonbury lineup a few days later. Can’t remember who it was though.

Edited by Jose Pose

5 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Off the top of my head, only this year there was a female act named as an exclusive for somewhere like Latitude only to appear on the Glastonbury lineup a few days later. Can’t remember who it was though.

Was that Phoebe Bridgers?

12 minutes ago, 2loor2iller said:

Yeah Neil said he heard that talks fell apart with them so they’re not playing. 

With Robbie now out that Spice Girls gossip is starting to look a bit more likely. Just need them to announce any kind of shows of their own.

Nah, it's just gonna be something else innit

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Metallica were the big one. A Download exclusive that obviously came along as a replacement for G14.

That’s one of the few times I remember an exclusive not being true actually being addressed by a festival, though how true the story they gave was is hard to tell given we knew it was Metallica long before the announcement.

https://gigwise.com/news/90871/

Specifically claiming someone is an exclusive while you know that's not the case and selling tickets from that could surely amount to false advertisement and misleading customers or something along those lines? I'm not a lawyer and even if it was hard to achieve anything in court and/or was unlikely anyone would actually try, it's still plainly wrong (and surely hurtful to a festivals' reputation).

I don't think a festival/promoter would go this way, let alone two - for the same act.

47 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Usually only in stepping in last minute when someone pulls out though. Not aware of any blatant lies in terms of exclusivity. 

My favourite blatant lie was the time that Reading and Leeds announced that Bastille were an exclusive.

Only problem was that Boardmasters had announced them two days prior.