2023 legend slot

ProperTea

14 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

That thread is gold 

D2BwXTiWsAAp_uD.jpeg

Great isn't it? That level of fandom where everything is excused (the poster, the miming etc.) is something else. They still get very defensive if anyone fares to say her Glastonbury performance was anything less than amazing.

On 7/2/2019 at 7:37 PM, jntsrb said:

Overnight viewing figures

3.0 million - Kylie Minogue , 18:00 BST Sunday, BBC One
1.4 million - The Killers , 21:00 Saturday, BBC Two
1.2 million - The Cure , 21:00 Sunday, BBC Two
1.1 million - Janet Jackson , 19:30 Saturday BBC Two
800,000 - Stormzy , 21:50 Friday, BBC Two

According to Spotify, Janet now has more listeners in London than in any other city.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Great isn't it? That level of fandom where everything is excused (the poster, the miming etc.) is something else. They still get very defensive if anyone fares to say her Glastonbury performance was anything less than amazing.

He was definitely a super fan! 🙂

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I enjoyed it. I went into it expecting the full Vegas show, complete with choreography and miming and that's exactly what I got. 

Definitely think GFL put her up against Lizzo because of that poster stunt though! That'll learn her.

TBF put those performances up against each other and Lizzo absolutely schooled her. 

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

She would have to be a legend to be considered.

At the risk of sounding like the Janet Stan that posted around the time, it can't be denied that she has "legend" status. I'm not going to list the huge list of evidence to support it, but it's all there with a quick Google

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

At the risk of sounding like the Janet Stan that posted around the time, it can't be denied that she has "legend" status. I'm not going to list the huge list of evidence to support it, but it's all there with a quick Google

She honestly doesn't stick out to me as someone in that calibur. Forgettable with no Michael link.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

She honestly doesn't stick out to me as someone in that calibur. Forgettable with no Michael link.

I'd reluctantly agree that she doesn't have enough 'hits' in the UK to do the Legend slot - or at least not enough with proven staying-power - but this is just straight up wrong lol, Control > Rhythm Nation > Janet > Velvet Rope is one of the all-time great album runs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dreams_burn_down said:

I'd reluctantly agree that she doesn't have enough 'hits' in the UK to do the Legend slot - or at least not enough with proven staying-power - but this is just straight up wrong lol, Control > Rhythm Nation > Janet > Velvet Rope is one of the all-time great album runs

I'd rather listen to All For You over all of them. But she has a heavy R&B/Funk edge and I don't.

51 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Real heads would have been at Low or Sons of Kemet into Foals! 

I never thought I'd side with High Jass so much

2 hours ago, dreams_burn_down said:

On paper it sounds great and if 2019 hadn’t happened I think I’d agree with you that she could do the legend slot!