Act missing from poster

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

They were both mentioned within a couple of posts as each other.

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

How would I know? They're on the same page here that's all.

Aye I didn't see the rastamouse post, my bad

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Interpret as you will but Emily’s tweet that more is still to come felt like a wink to some more surprises.

With every day that passes this thinking jumps up a place towards the dumbest thing on eFests.

Festival organiser announces a small portion of the lineup and tweets that there’s more to come. Wow.

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I will when other people stop. I don’t write them any different to other people but it’s only a problem when I do it.

You obviously do. That’s why people only have a problem when you do it. Why else would that be the case lmao?

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

The prodigy being the sat other headliner would warrant its own announcement too, a way of paying homage to Keith. 

This would make a LOT of sense given they need to sell the shows they just announced. The only thing a big glasto slot is the kind of thing that should happen after those warmup shows, rather than after.

Fatboy in a big slot but not being on the first poster makes 0 sense in my opinion. If it was someone exciting, sure - but its a rebooking of an act whos there every year.

1 minute ago, gfa said:

This would make a LOT of sense given they need to sell the shows they just announced. The only thing a big glasto slot is the kind of thing that should happen after those warmup shows, rather than after.

Fatboy in a big slot but not being on the first poster makes 0 sense in my opinion. If it was someone exciting, sure - but its a rebooking of an act whos there every year.

If it was any other time and The Prodigy had released those dates then we’d probably all be thinking they’re nailed on, but yeah, would be kind of strange to kick off their comeback after Keith’s passing with a massive Other Stage headline slot. 

Agree about Fatboy Slim. What would be the point in holding his name back? He was on the 2020 poster and he’s there every single year. Holding him back and then announcing him as the missing Other headliner would be such a dull thud of an announcement. 

5 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Saint Jepsen is in Europe the week after Glastonbury playing Werchter. Potential mid other stage slot? Feel she would smash an hour set in the middle of the day. 

Googled ‘Saint Jepsen’ wondering who this exciting artist I hadn’t heard of was 🙄

But yeah, get her booked. Mid Other seems spot on and what a set that would be. 

I mean it wouldnt be weird ti have the prodigy pop up, its prob just difficult because everyone would expect them at night. The only way to maybe not make that an issue is that theyre in John Peel. So do you schedule them like The Killers against Barry Gibb in 17? I think Diana Ross will have her crowd and it wont be as insane in the tent for Prodigy cause you still dont know how its gonna be.

Edited by Suprefan

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I mean it wouldnt be weird ti have the prodigy pop up, its prob just difficult because everyone would expect them at night. The only way to maybe not make that an issue is that theyre in John Peel. So do you schedule them like The Killers against Barry Gibb in 17? I think Diana Ross will have her crowd and it wont be as insane in the tent for Prodigy cause you still dont know how its gonna be.

As much as I'd love it, I just can't see it happening. Without Keith, it seems like they're dipping their toes in the water first with the announced schedule - very Prodigy venues, with Prodigy fans, all in the UK. Starting at a music festival just doesn't seem like the best fit. 

1 hour ago, LostHorizon said:

As much as I'd love it, I just can't see it happening. Without Keith, it seems like they're dipping their toes in the water first with the announced schedule - very Prodigy venues, with Prodigy fans, all in the UK. Starting at a music festival just doesn't seem like the best fit. 

Well there is nothing stopping them from doing a warm up gig before they even did Glasto anyway. Those other shows look sold out now.

On 3/10/2022 at 7:58 AM, Matt42 said:

Morning.

Happy to be the one that steps up and says it. Due to the constant back and forth over the past few days I’m going to take a punt we are missing a Friday pyramid sub and a Saturday other headliner.

Reason being that if Simz is on the Saturday WH I can’t see them putting Megan/Doja up on the Other stage… and I don’t think Wolf Alice are subbing the pyramid.

Happy to take the flack. But I think there’s good reason for it now.

Jungle are playing Bristol on the Saturday (Italy on the Sunday).

Could they be a yet-to-be-announced Other sub for Foals on Friday?

28 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

Jungle are playing Bristol on the Saturday (Italy on the Sunday).

Could they be a yet-to-be-announced Other sub for Foals on Friday?

I think they’d be on poster 1 if they were playing. Can’t see why they’d be held back.

Edited by Matt42

On 3/7/2022 at 4:35 PM, sisco said:

Ooh please! Asked them on Twitter a lot but they ignore me… just as much 

So I asked him. 

He wouldn't answer me directly, so I told him to make sure he got on the Glastonbury bill with them. To which he replied, "will do, thanks man!".

Make of that what you will. 😂