Beer Prices

Barneym

13 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

This is what I came here to read/check - never seen this or ventured to T&C Fields for a drink, but I'm sure I read on here that Grimbergen Blonde was sold at GF. One of my favourite ales. Despise lager, love a good cider (if only Aspalls was sold in cans).

£6 will be about right. 

Yes your right it was Grimbergan on draught . Lets hope they are going to resell it again. 

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Beer shouldn’t be sweet 

That my friend, is a matter of taste. This one wasn't that sweet. Wouldn't drink it all the time but it was good.

Personally, I don't like too much fizz in my beer hence why lager is my least favourite

2 hours ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I was paying £3.80 for a pint of Otter (?) somewhere on the Wednesday in 2019. But never found it again, and I’m resigned to the fact it may have been a dream as seemed far too reasonable

Stone cutters? 

13 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Can anyone remember the spreadsheet that was doing the rounds on here years back with updated costs of spirits in different supermarkets?

Sorry, not beer related but don't know where else to ask 😛

UPDATED 8/6 - List of Supermarket deals for Alcohol - Gin, Rum, Sherry, Port, Vodka, Brandy, Cognac, Whisky & Champagne - Google Sheets

Not been updated for ages though

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

Yes your right it was Grimbergan on draught . Lets hope they are going to resell it again. 

Dear God. Drank Grimbergen at a wedding in France, didn't realise how pokey it was until we were several beers deep. Absolutely battered.

3 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

Does freezing not compromise the beer?

I don't mind carrying a cool box around with me on the Wednesday and Thursday, less inclined on music days. Did the CoOp ice on one day in 2019, worked for a few hours.

How much was co-op ice?

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Somebody posted a great plan for a pub crawl around the site a few years back.

Me and my mates tried it one Thursday but the Stonebridge was about #3 on our list and we never got any further.

This sounds like a good way to finish a day in the early evening, definitely would be good fun though might try it to explore the site.

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

To compare, this is the price list and options from the MAIN bar at Bearded Theory last time around. You can also take own drinks to the stages.

57194589_2283485221731094_935762022476283904_n.jpg

10% ale for £4, that would be me done. Would hate to work at this bar though must be an absolute pain with so many options. Great value though

57 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

IMG_3983.jpg

These kinds of signs are peak 'music festival' for me. Just really brought back summer with this

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

How much was co-op ice?

10% ale for £4, that would be me done. Would hate to work at this bar though must be an absolute pain with so many options. Great value though

I think the ice was £5 a bag.

The 10% ale being cheap was my downfall one year at Bearded, I started my day with it, lost a few hours that day. But definitely VFM!

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I struggle because I hate taking my own cans, both in terms of carrying and keeping them cool (there is nothing worse than a warm can of lager) but at the same time the main bar offerings are shite.

Which is my I spend most of my time on the cider.

I’m the same about warm cans of lager. Do like a trip to Brothers Bar but wasn’t a fan of Mallets last time, guessing that’ll be the cider at most of main bars again this year?

1 minute ago, Boomtowner said:

I think the ice was £5 a bag.

The 10% ale being cheap was my downfall one year at Bearded, I started my day with it, lost a few hours that day. But definitely VFM!

Yeah i could not resist that on my budget if it was at the bar. £2 a (no doubt grim) pint effectively.

The co-op is so essential, i bet meal deals will be £5 now instead of the £4.50 they were at latitude and reading last year 😞 

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Disappointing lack of Guinness in the bar in the Acoustic field last time, I'd walked up there especially. 

Just find some dirty washing up water somewhere, takes just as bad a Guinness.🤮🤮🤮🤮

3 hours ago, LostHorizon said:

Yeah, I'm not going to lie and say I have any particular in-depth knowledge of Brewdog's treatment of staff other than the open letter some ex-employee's penned. That said, and in more general term's, I think there's a generation now that have very little resilience to parts of life that are, in a word, shitty.

Maybe it's all true and Brewdog are terrible employers. Generally I try not to give a huge amount of weight to stuff that I read social media though.

I like Punk IPA. I like Elvis Juice. I think at one point their marketing served a purpose but now it's kinda cringe.

I wouldn't call it lack of resilience, just a refusal to put up with bullshit that previous generations have accepted.

• Upvote 1