The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

1 hour ago, sedra said:

The problem with open shoes is the stones and dust if it’s dry. 

And the pee, that's quite a problem too. 

26 minutes ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

ECM model still predicting absolute carnage next Sunday through to Wednesday - basically non-stop heavy rain.  If this is true then it's definitely game over.

Since you registered you've done I think ten posts, which at a quick scan include 6 game over, 2 carnage and 1 mudbath.   Top job 😂

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I’ve been having a disagreement with the Wife that needs settling:

Say we get a repeat of 2019 weather wise are you:

A) Team Crocs

B) Team flip flop

C) Team sandals

D) Team trainer / hiking boot

I’m Team Crocs but not sure if at the age of 33 that’s acceptable. Wife tells me it isn’t.

Team trainer all the way. 

FYI crocs are never acceptable. 

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I’ve been having a disagreement with the Wife that needs settling:

Say we get a repeat of 2019 weather wise are you:

A) Team Crocs

B) Team flip flop

C) Team sandals

D) Team trainer / hiking boot

I’m Team Crocs but not sure if at the age of 33 that’s acceptable. Wife tells me it isn’t.

the holes in crocs are only there to let your dignity out.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, briddj said:

It's a horror run. Barely stops raining until 3pm on Monday.

Better to look at the ensembles than a single run. Operational latest shows air pressure maintained around 1020 which generally means good conditions depending on wind direction.  There are a few runs either way though so still uncertainty. 

Second shows operational run has barely any rain whatsoever which makes sense as the air pressure remains high on the first chart. 

It's definitely positive at mo. 

315818213_Screenshot_20220612-133535_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.3747e63525f60716cdddc2e63911c7bd.jpg1837417352_Screenshot_20220612-133617_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1c1a6a8aeb2c2f6cb56ed8e6865db481.jpg

2 hours ago, Wilfko said:

Couldn’t think of worse footwear for the amount of walking you have to do at Glasto! No support or cushioning.

Team Platform Converse here - they are so cushiony and bouncy and added bonus of a little height boost to see over people’s heads in a crowd 😂

2 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Agreed... Thatcher's Rose is far nicer than the rancid chemical taste of Strongbow Dark Fruit... 

Strongbow dark fruit is fucking horrible isn't it? Seems to be so popular too, I'm sure someone told me it's easier to drink warm when hungover but you wouldn't catch me drinking warm tins of anything. And you can run and tell DAT!

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

the holes in crocs are only there to let your dignity out.

Just relaying carpet in teardrop caravan after a bit of post festival fettling which my 3 year old Ridgeback decided to "help" with.

I find Crocs the default footwear for pottering about the house but wouldn't dream of taking them near a festival field. Proper rank amateur behaviour

IMG20220612141239.jpg

2 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Strongbow dark fruit is fucking horrible isn't it? Seems to be so popular too, I'm sure someone told me it's easier to drink warm when hungover but you wouldn't catch me drinking warm tins of anything. And you can run and tell DAT!

I took a mini keg of Kopparberg mixed fruit in 2019 which was ok in the morning slightly warm

3 minutes ago, JayBalls said:

I took a mini keg of Kopparberg mixed fruit in 2019 which was ok in the morning slightly warm

The good thing about Koppaberg, Rekordalig and Old Mout is that they're meant to be served over ice. So if drinking them warm bothers anybody, they can just grab a bag of ice from Co-op...

A nice pint of Harvest Pale, or BJ Sips doesn't really work over ice... I've tried. 

7 minutes ago, clarkete said:

For advance forecasts I just look for one that matches my hopes... 

image.thumb.png.0eabe93c5bd9bfd44c04562479ae7549.png

I like this idea... I think I'm going to do the same!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Team trainer all the way. 

FYI crocs are never acceptable. 

Crocs are back in - go for it!!

--

Anyone got a weather app recommendation because accuweather is a very sorry sight at the moment!

9 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

MetCheck is looking perfectly acceptable. 

1E6B8B04-30A0-4DDC-9FB9-1A64EA2E7258.thumb.jpeg.ec1156de9b46cf5573b1e1310bc15b04.jpeg

yeah looks much better 👍 ,weather channel has changed again , I'am sure all the Meteorologists are having a laugh at our expensive and just making up random forecasts 🤣

• Upvote 1