Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

1 hour ago, benali said:

Went to see Keg last night for the 7th time. One of the most fun live bands you can see. Really great show. 

Bleach Lab tonight and Warmduscher with Opus Kink tomorrow. This time of year is just rammed, even outside of the largest cities. Love it.

Was pretty full in the Joiners for Plastic Mermaids last night. Two good bands in neighbouring venues. Never seen them before and thought they were outstanding. 

Edited by SighMo
Typo
  • Like 1

Went to London on Friday to see Boogie Belgique.  In the small room at 02 Islington.  Absolute cracker of a gig, not s

Unsure how to explain them really but I dance my little socks off. Had a good chat with them after, you have to get the vinyl signed of course. They would love to play Glastonbury,  not really big enough I doubt for a biggest stage but sunny afternoon on the Park would be a dream.

Only downside is I missed Sam Redmore in Bristol

Edited by fred quimby

Warmduscher on Friday at the 1865 in Southampton were fantastic. Much better than 3pm on the Park stage in June (just wrong slot for their dark energy). Supported by Opus Kink who we enjoyed too - they have a small brass section, who sounded great. Highly recommend WD if they’re in your area.

2E1A4F56-D1CC-41FC-8224-3EFCE69EA9C6.jpeg

Edited by phillyfaddle
Photo

Saw Zeal & Ardor at the Concorde 2 in brighton last night - hard to describe them, but if you can imagine chain-gang gospel with a slab of black metal, then you're not far off at all 😄 the singer fella has such a powerful, soulful voice, he's all deep growls and plaintive roars, and then he speaks and he's a little sweetheart, all full of energy and positivity, he seems like the nicest fella. They were great, very recommended, and i'd love to see them at the big G - they'd tear the Truth stage clean off yknow, nice 2am slot friday or something    

edit: finally took @Quark's recommendations and went to What The Pitta beforehand, absolutely magnificent and portions that ALMOST defeated me - one more chip and i'd have burst 🤣

Edited by balti-pie
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

Warmduscher on Friday at the 1865 in Southampton were fantastic. Much better than 3pm on the Park stage in June (just wrong slot for their dark energy). Supported by Opus Kink who we enjoyed too - they have a small brass section, who sounded great. Highly recommend WD if they’re in your area.

2E1A4F56-D1CC-41FC-8224-3EFCE69EA9C6.jpeg

Saw Opus Kink at Beautiful Days, great band I thought.

48 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

edit: finally took @Quark's recommendations and went to What The Pitta beforehand, absolutely magnificent and portions that ALMOST defeated me - one more chip and i'd have burst 🤣

You know I wouldn't sell you a duff steer 😉

6 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

First Aid Kit at the Wardrobe in Leeds for the album launch. Absolutely beautiful harmonies, blissful from beginning to end, I'm genuinely jealous of those that have tickets for the remaining shows. Seen them numerous times before but this was on another level.

Them at Manchester at the end of this month will be my next gig. Sadly had to sell my Beach Bunny tickets for the weekend as can't leave my dog with fireworks still going off. 

9 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Them at Manchester at the end of this month will be my next gig. Sadly had to sell my Beach Bunny tickets for the weekend as can't leave my dog with fireworks still going off. 

Great band, enjoying Palomino, as you likely know Klara lived in Manchester for a while, saw her play at Takk coffee house. 

• Like 1

Just now, Avalon_Fields said:

Great band, enjoying Palomino, as you likely know Klara lived in Manchester for a while, saw her play at Takk coffee house. 

Yep last time we saw them at Albert Hall she was talking about that time. Love their harmonies. Looking forward to it a lot. Are you going?

On 11/1/2022 at 11:33 AM, Crazyfool01 said:

Last night was a trip down to Exeter cavern to see October Drift with support from Low Girl .... She has an amazing voice and quite aptly for halloween slightly haunting, thoroughly recommend ... think she plays Esquires regularly .... October Drift building their presence and reputation as an incredible live band with superb crowd interaction .... vocalist Kiwi was in amongst the Audience on several occasions being joined by Chris the drummer who also did a bit of crowd surfing .... and stand in Jack was also lifted into the crowd ... Alex rejoined the band for the last leg of the tour and we were treated to a rare 5 person song. The second album will see them climbing the positions at festivals next year ive absolutely no doubt . Do not miss if you get the chance  

IMG_4411.MOV

Just found this thread, I was there for that one too. Top gig, both excellent bands I thought. October Drift way better live than on record and I really like both their albums. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimbobno1 said:

Just found this thread, I was there for that one too. Top gig, both excellent bands I thought. October Drift way better live than on record and I really like both their albums. 

intensity of the live shows is something else ... im probably into double figures seeing them now but was chatting to someone who'd seen them every night of the tour 

On 11/7/2022 at 3:43 PM, phillyfaddle said:

Warmduscher on Friday at the 1865 in Southampton were fantastic. Much better than 3pm on the Park stage in June (just wrong slot for their dark energy).

They also played on the Truth stage after/before Bob Vylan at about 3am (give or take an hour) on Saturday/Sunday (can't remember).

Anyway was the perfect slot for their "dark energy".

Saw Paolo Nutini on Friday - just phenomenal voice and great vibe with his band from psychedelic rock to funk to acoustic solo with some completely new arrangements of his golden oldies. Saw him on the Other in 2014 after the infamous electrical storm. Really hope he returns in 2023 after missing his secret set in the rabbit hole this year. Newbie friend caught him by turning up early - me “you’ll never get near…”

Aly & Aj last night sounded great at Shepherd’s Bush. The crowd were desperate for Joan of Arc of the dance floor but they didn’t play it. To be fair, I wouldn’t either of people kept yelling it out. 

off to see RedCar (fka Christine and the queens) tomorrow in cirque D’hivier in Paris. Feeling fancy as fuck

Edited by GeezLouise

8 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Sadly not. I'm cutting back on gigs. I'm sure we will convene at some local gig! Really hope you enjoy them.

Yep I have cut back as well but I missed them on the farm and they came within an acceptable price range that I have set myself coupled with it being one a few friends wanted to go to as well so we went for it. I still have fingers crossed that I might appear on the farm as well. 

Been spoilt for gigs this year so will put in my highlights and have my fingers crossed that some if not all will be at the festival:

The Prodigy (Brixton o2) - still the best live band about 

Beach House (Brixton o2) - Ethereal

HMLTD (Heaven) - great as usual and had a really cool ‘overthrow the order’ concept

Biffy Clyro (Leeds Arena)- Seen many times but still blow me away 

100 Gecs (Kentish Forum/Leeds Fest) - one of the most fun acts to see ever?!

Alvvays (Islington Assembly) - on top form, especially with great new album

1975 (Pryzm) - unbelievable at their Kingston album release show (great album too), would love to see them maybe do a secret set or something?!

also - Phoebe Bridgers, Tyler the creator and Twin Atlantic all fantastic 

30 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yep I have cut back as well but I missed them on the farm and they came within an acceptable price range that I have set myself coupled with it being one a few friends wanted to go to as well so we went for it. I still have fingers crossed that I might appear on the farm as well. 

I'll definitely be there, they play Glastonbury quite regularly so I'm hopeful.